Necromancer wasn't given priority over Retributionist

Post any known bugs here!

Necromancer wasn't given priority over Retributionist

Postby PleaseReadSiege » Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:29 am

I just had a game as Necromancer, and tried using a bodyguard the same night as a retributionist right after the BG was hanged (so I know for a fact the ret didn't touch him a previous night). I got a message saying the corpse I targetted is missing (and of course CL died as a result of this).

According to the Fandom Wiki, Necromancer should always be given priority over retributionist when they are both reviving the same target. While that isn't the official rulebook, they tend to be spot-on so I assume this is not expected behavior? https://town-of-salem.fandom.com/wiki/R ... g_a_target

https://imgur.com/a/dxKdYSO
PleaseReadSiege
Investigator
Investigator

Re: Necromancer wasn't given priority over Retributionist

Postby WildCard65 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:40 pm

I was the one who originally added that information to the wiki, but it's truly unconfirmed if the Necromancer has priority over the Retributionist.
I originally worded it that way to suggest it based on how a single game went.

For now, I added a statement to correctly mention it's unconfirmed status.
WildCard65
Doctor
Doctor

Postby syjfwbaobfwl » Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:29 pm

Probably its like with witch or amne

Whoever joined the lobby first gets priority, and is not that necro always has priority over retri
syjfwbaobfwl
Jailor
Jailor

Postby PleaseReadSiege » Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:15 am

Witch and amne seem to have a valid reason to need such a thing. 2 people have completely identical roles, so there's nothing else to base priority on and I understand not doing RNG.

In this case, we have 2 different roles on different factions, much like we have for esc/cons, and previously used to have for spy/bm. It seems odd to not just code in a consistent priority that can be recognized in-game (or be more clear about it if one exists), since using lobby join time was just a fallback for edge cases. I don't necessarily have a stake in necromancer having to take priority, but I'd at least like to hear back from the devs on what the actual rules are just for future reference.
PleaseReadSiege
Investigator
Investigator

Postby CapWarrior2 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:36 pm

It should be Necro gets priority over Ret, that way atleast the Necro exposes their existence indefinitely if their is a Retributionist with the same targets.
Idea Index:
Click Here

Reworked Idea:
Omen - Neutral(Evil)

Testing Grounds:
Come visit!
CapWarrior2
Doctor
Doctor

Postby ZedKiller13 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:58 pm

I can confirm based on a few tests that whoever joined the lobby has priority over their corpse if both selected the same one on the same night.
ZedKiller13
Transporter
Transporter

Postby WildCard65 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:00 pm

ZedKiller13 wrote:I can confirm based on a few tests that whoever joined the lobby has priority over their corpse if both selected the same one on the same night.

If you're ZedKiller the Wiki Admin, can you also add this information to the Necromancer's page?
WildCard65
Doctor
Doctor

Postby PleaseReadSiege » Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:24 pm

ZedKiller13 wrote:I can confirm based on a few tests that whoever joined the lobby has priority over their corpse if both selected the same one on the same night.

Yeesh, I feared this was the case, but thanks for looking into it :D . I hope this is looked at again by the devs and reconsidered.
PleaseReadSiege
Investigator
Investigator

Postby ZedKiller13 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:20 am

WildCard65 wrote:

If you're ZedKiller the Wiki Admin, can you also add this information to the Necromancer's page?

I edited that in on the Necromancer page there, and apparently just had a major Déjà vu moment the second I came back here to respond to you-
ZedKiller13
Transporter
Transporter

Postby OreCreeper » Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:17 pm

Imo necromancer and retributionist should each have their own copy of a corpse. That way, it would be harder for one of them to tell if the other is in the game just by using a corpse.
OreCreeper
Vigilante
Vigilante

Postby WildCard65 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:14 pm

ZedKiller13 wrote:
WildCard65 wrote:

I edited that in on the Necromancer page there, and apparently just had a major Déjà vu moment the second I came back here to respond to you-

Thanks
WildCard65
Doctor
Doctor

Return to Bug Reports