Game Lag Issue

Post any known bugs here!

Game Lag Issue

Postby DragonSacnr » Thu Nov 26, 2020 3:01 pm

Hi everyone,

I've visited Discord and was told to make a thread here.

I play via browser (Chrome) and I'm not a steam user (I registered long ago).
So the description of my problem is that the game lags from the very log-in, even "game downloading" and the main menu. Everything is slow and takes a few seconds to actually load. The lag is constant and it is only getting worse within every second. It started sometimes in maybe August for me, but I thought it was just a temporary problem and it will eventually get fixed, but it didn't.

I play on Windows 10, no VPN, ethernet connection, other games run normally, so it's not up to my PC. I even tried a different browser, that didn't help either.

If you need any additional information you may contact me on Discord (Red_DragoN#5262), since I rarely visit this forum.

Thanks!
DragonSacnr

Re: Game Lag Issue

Postby cob709 » Thu Nov 26, 2020 4:22 pm

Try resetting your browser's cache. If that doesn't work, it might be a problem with you internet.
I SEE ALL
cob709
Mayor
Mayor

Postby DragonSacnr » Thu Nov 26, 2020 4:46 pm

Cache is clear, I tried on 2 browsers and it's the same. My internet has no problems with other games or websites. Game worked normally until 3 months ago.
DragonSacnr

Postby TheUltimateCake » Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:49 am

Do other games lag as much, or just ToS? Does the game run fine on a mobile device for you?
TheUltimateCake
Survivor
Survivor

Postby DragonSacnr » Sat Nov 28, 2020 3:38 pm

I usually don't play games via browser, but I think they wouldn't lag this much. Also I never played via phone.
DragonSacnr

Postby DocExer » Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:38 am

@DragonSacnr, can you try going to the Settings menu (gear button in top left of screen), select Settings, then Display, and ensure the Enable VSync checkbox is checked? You may also have to set VSync on your video card control panel app as well. Let me know if this resolves the issue or not. You might also try toggling between Full Screen and Windowed. Happy hanging!
DocExer
Developer
Developer

Postby cob709 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:46 pm

Your player logs might also be slowing down the game's performance.
Settings > Help > Enable Player Logs > Uncheck
I SEE ALL
cob709
Mayor
Mayor

Return to Bug Reports