Abnormal disconnections???

Post any known bugs here!

Abnormal disconnections???

Postby Thederpotato » Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:12 pm

Every time I log in and join a lobby everything is normal, but the second the lobby fills and the timer on the top of the screen ends, I get disconnected with the message "abnormal disconnection". All the things I could find about it were overly complicated for my tiny brain, and I really don't know what to do. It started this morning but was not a problem yesterday. Does anyone know how to fix this?
Thederpotato

Re: Abnormal disconnections???

Postby Thederpotato » Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:32 pm

Quick update, its been a day and the issue is still going on. A new issue has also appeared in which i dont get a notification when someone invites me to their party, so I cant play with them. I really want to play, can someone please help me?
Thederpotato

Postby OreCreeper » Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:04 pm

Can they just stop it from crashing???
OreCreeper
Vigilante
Vigilante

Postby Inferno666 » Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:37 pm

same thing is happening to me... so annoying
Inferno666

Postby jtpez » Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:40 pm

I also can not login, and get the message Abnormal Disconnection
jtpez

Postby Tylos » Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:02 pm

Yep, I get Abnormal Disconnection or An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host. It's been happening for the last several days for me... web or Steam game. I've tried on several different devices (My PC, my Macbook, and mobile app) all on the same network and it's the same thing.

My internet is stable, as I can play other games with ZERO issues. I've tried to restart my modem and router, I've tried to flush my DNS, etc.
Tylos

Postby Sharky5x » Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:31 pm

I am getting this too. Have not been able to play the game for the past couple of days. After staying in a game lobby for 10-30 seconds, I will get disconnected after sending a chat message.
Writer of Hex Master's Lore
Sharky5x
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Inferno666 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 7:49 pm

It’s probably yalls internet, I switched to a hotspot on my phone and got into a game. Try resetting your router
Inferno666

Postby Sharky5x » Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:06 pm

https://imgur.com/a/krAIskE

Here's the error code I get in the google chrome console. As always, I am in a lobby waiting for a game, but get shot to the login screen with an "Abnormal Disconnect" error popup.

Tried resetting my router and modem, no dice. Tried disconnecting my wifi and ethernet for a bit, no. Tried different browsers. Tried disabling all my extensions. Still no use, though.
Sharky5x
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby ZellieZombieBB » Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:46 pm

Are you guys still having these issues? I haven't been able to play in days due to it
ZellieZombieBB

Postby Tylos » Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:08 pm

Yes, I am still having the same issues.

I can play just find on my mobile phone carrier (whether it's the mobile app or via hotspot on my desktop). However, the second I connect via WiFi or wired connection using my ISP, it fails. I can play any other game just fine with no disconnects, but for some reason, ToS is losing connectivity between my ISP and their servers. About a month ago and WELL before that, I had zero issues playing the game.
Tylos

Postby Sharky5x » Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:50 pm

I disabled IPv6 on my router, and it magically started working for me. Haven't bothered to test if turning it back on will reintroduce the disconnections, I don't want to screw with it until I've had some time to play.

I have no idea why that would fix the problem, but I tried restarting the router many times and that did nothing. Disabled IPv6 and everything works immediately.
Sharky5x
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby ToucherOfRhinos » Tue Oct 06, 2020 6:32 pm

Having the same issue for a couple weeks now.
Tried uninstalling and reinstalling, nothing.

Getting real annoyed lol
ToucherOfRhinos

Postby Thederpotato » Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:04 am

Hey guys, I doubt any of you will see this but I managed to fix the problem. All you need to do is use a vpn. If you cant afford a vpn, just use Opera browser which has a built in vpn. This fixes the issue and finally lets me play the video game. Hope this helps you guys out.
Thederpotato

Return to Bug Reports