Can't see name, role, can't vote, can't perform night abilit

Post any known bugs here!

Can't see name, role, can't vote, can't perform night abilit

Postby saladassHD » Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:45 am

I got into a ranked game, and the game was stuck on loading the whole time you're supposed to enter a name (this happens a lot). Anyway it assigned me a default name and when the game loaded, I couldn't see my role, didn't have the button to check my will, it said "Player Number #01" as my name (but when I spoke I was Mary Eastey). It said "[ROLE]" where my role was supposed to be and at the end of every night it either said "you did not perform your night ability" or "a witch tried to control you but you are immune" which means I was probably transporter or vet (but vet died so I was transporter). That game went on for 9 nights as I'm typing this but it'll probably go on to 11 or 12. It totally slipped the role picking bit and name picking bit so I couldn't see my role or name nonetheless. I'd add a PNG file to this if it gave me the option to but I did tweet to @townofsalemgame the screen for night 1
saladassHD

Re: Can't see name, role, can't vote, can't perform night ab

Postby sarysa » Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:01 am

This just happened to me. I've experienced extreme lag spikes (minute+ long) over the last three days. Here's a screenshot:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 2236547484

I couldn't target anyone day or night and I was coven, so I decided to take a dive. Couldn't vote, couldn't use my powers, was simply dead weight. It never recovered throughout the game. Graveyard is broken as well.
When this game ends I'll edit the post with an end screen. It's an active game but since no viable info about my coven is visible, it should be okay to post.
Interestingly I had the bat tab for coven and my goal was correct when clicked on, but none of my lower right tabs were populated.

EDIT: End screen looks normal: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 2236551903
Favorite roles: Jailor, Executioner, Consigliere, Witch, Coven Leader, Guardian Angel
Least favorite: Framer, Disguiser, Jester
Most broken IMO:
Jester - Revert the 2.3.0 patch, give a swiss army knife of nighttime annoyance (ala Potion Master) to aid in fooling the town. Just some kind of agency.
Psychic - Game-breaking enough that I made a thread about it.

VIP - The one true mode.
sarysa
Benefactor
Benefactor

Return to Bug Reports