(HUGE RANT) Abnormal Disconnection

Post any known bugs here!

(HUGE RANT) Abnormal Disconnection

Postby OreCreeper » Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:11 pm

So recently ever since the new update was released, there's been this absolute fucking pain in the ass bug known as 'abnormal disconnection'. It's basically when your game gets a lag spike for no reason and you crash. This is a game-breaking problem that needs to be resolved immediately, as it renders the game completely unplayable, especially Ranked, where each time you disconnect, you lose 30 elo. It is completely unacceptable that such a glaring issue should be allowed to exist and fester for months after even the beta was first released. This is incredibly stupid and shows the clear disregard the developers have towards this game. Twice in the last two days I have gotten this problem while playing in Ranked. That's an instant -60 elo, and none of this is my fault. It is completely the server and the developers' fault for keeping such an easily resolvable yet incredibly game-breaking bug. This shit is the reason why TOS is dying. The unity port was (when it first came out) littered with bugs, and it still is. Just to a less extent. The official "update" feels the exact same as the beta version. Hardly anything was fixed. The stupid disconnections are still happening constantly. BMG really needs to stop being a lazy ass and actually get shit done. Also I would like to point out that this shit took over 2 years to make. Come on, it's not that hard to fix a few bugs.
OreCreeper
Vigilante
Vigilante

Re: (HUGE RANT) Abnormal Disconnection

Postby saintvalentine » Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:47 pm

I came here looking for this - I have had so many games with crazy lag and most end up with 'abnormal disconnection'. It's so bad that in almost every mode, as soon as someone dc's everyone says "probably disconnection". This was nowhere near this level before Unity. How to fix?
saintvalentine
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby rider339 » Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:39 pm

I had issues similar to this when steam went to unity forcing me to play on browser and now on browser I get this every now and again. Heck I just got it happen randomly in a lovers game just now after not playing for a few days.

It's completely random when it happens
rider339
Executioner
Executioner

Postby dinner90001 » Sat Jul 04, 2020 7:06 pm

Been having this VERY frequently on both steam and web browser... So thanks devs for not allowing me to play this great game with friends :/
dinner90001

Postby shapesifter13 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:01 pm

Are you using web, Steam, or mobile? Are you on Mac, PC, iOS, or Android? Are you on a 32 bit OS? Are you using a VPN?
shapesifter13
Developer
Developer

Postby OreCreeper » Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:17 pm

Im on a windows laptop 64 bit OS, no VPN
OreCreeper
Vigilante
Vigilante

Postby TheLegendofRoseTyler » Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:37 pm

Same, I have been getting non-stop disconnects today, I've probably not finished 3/8 games. I'm currently playing on the pc, web version and no vpn. I dont't know what's going on but i cant seem to finish a game more recently.

oh and if this helps any this is the console log:

oaded 6 of 6 assets (0 Failed)

(Filename: ./Runtime/Export/Debug/Debug.bindings.h Line: 35)

0a71913f-3cde-46b4-87ed-b847a3b7fac1:8 warning: 2 FS.syncfs operations in flight at once, probably just doing extra work
DevTools failed to load SourceMap: Could not load content for chrome-extension://fheoggkfdfchfphceeifdbepaooicaho/sourceMap/chrome/iframe_handler.map: HTTP error: status code 404, net::ERR_UNKNOWN_URL_SCHEME
DevTools failed to load SourceMap: Could not load content for chrome-extension://hdokiejnpimakedhajhdlcegeplioahd/sourcemaps/onloadwff.js.map: HTTP error: status code 404, net::ERR_UNKNOWN_URL_SCHEME
DevTools failed to load SourceMap: Could not load content for chrome-extension://gighmmpiobklfepjocnamgkkbiglidom/include.preload.js.map: HTTP error: status code 404, net::ERR_UNKNOWN_URL_SCHEME
DevTools failed to load SourceMap: Could not load content for chrome-extension://fheoggkfdfchfphceeifdbepaooicaho/sourceMap/chrome/content.map: HTTP error: status code 404, net::ERR_UNKNOWN_URL_SCHEME
DevTools failed to load SourceMap: Could not load content for chrome-extension://gighmmpiobklfepjocnamgkkbiglidom/include.postload.js.map: HTTP error: status code 404, net::ERR_UNKNOWN_URL_SCHEME
Last edited by TheLegendofRoseTyler on Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheLegendofRoseTyler
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Wiglee » Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:44 pm

Yes! I had not experienced abnormal disconnection until the switch to Unity. Today it is especially bad.

The game runs smoothly on my computer, checked my internet settings and everything is fine; my ping is 8! But at the end of a handful of games, I get an abnormal disconnection. It's so frustrating because it isn't on my end, and it interrupts the game at the most crucial parts. Not to mention it makes it difficult to gain ELO.
Wiglee

Postby summercharis » Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:46 am

Just had the same problem (could not log in again afterwards). Occurred 7/9/2020, 1:42 ET. I'm currently playing on the pc, web version and no VPN. I was jailor on this game and attempting to exe when game lagged and then booted me with "Adnormal Disconnect" message
summercharis
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby shapesifter13 » Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:26 pm

@Summercharis That one looks to be a server crash, not an issue with the new client itself. We are looking into that crash.

Mobile

For mobile users it should send us an automatic bug report.

Steam

Steam users could you turn on player logs in your settings, and post your player logs if this happens again?

Web

If this happens again could you click the F12 key, go to the console tab, and post that information here?
shapesifter13
Developer
Developer

Postby rider339 » Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:46 am

This is from just a month ago

Windows 10, Google Chrome, no VPN or anything

https://ibb.co/Gp75Skq

I'll try and get a steam bug report when I play on steam
rider339
Executioner
Executioner

Postby DeposedTurtles » Fri Jul 17, 2020 7:49 am

Every time I try to log in, I get this error, been like this for the past 3-4 days. anyone know whats going on?
DeposedTurtles
Jester
Jester

Postby JustGotMurdered » Sun Jul 19, 2020 1:30 pm

I've had situations where lag spikes occur during the game and while waiting in the lobby, resulting in "abnormal disconnections". Though on the flip side, I've noticed that after 3-4 abnormal disconnections, if I join a game again, then I don't get disconnected. I'm not sure if this is the case for everyone who's affected because let's face it, no one is that patient to play again after getting 3-4 (or more) disconnections.
JustGotMurdered
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Queenofswords » Sun Jul 19, 2020 6:17 pm

Honestly it's getting to the point I just might try it. I've tried three different browsers (well three that worked,) two different computers, restarting my computer, clearing the browsing data, clearing the host cache; I've tried basically everything I've seen suggested. No dice. I haven't been able to play properly for a month now. Windows Edge and Google chrome both randomly kick me out of the game, and Firefox I can't even log in. I've checked the certificate on Firefox and couldn't see anything wrong, but I still got the "error 1015" message. Just about the only thing I haven't tried is buying it on steam and I'm not sure I wanna do that. If only because I don't wanna have to buy coven again.
Queenofswords
Executioner
Executioner

Postby ScarfVendetta » Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:03 pm

Queenofswords wrote:Just about the only thing I haven't tried is buying it on steam and I'm not sure I wanna do that. If only because I don't wanna have to buy coven again.

Couldn't you just buy the Steam package for your current account? You don't need to buy Coven twice.
Just some Sheriff who didn't claim until Day 5, and has no leads whatsoever

No need to be alarmed...
ScarfVendetta
Summer 2020 Winner
Summer 2020 Winner

Postby Queenofswords » Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:48 pm

ScarfVendetta wrote:
Queenofswords wrote:Just about the only thing I haven't tried is buying it on steam and I'm not sure I wanna do that. If only because I don't wanna have to buy coven again.

Couldn't you just buy the Steam package for your current account? You don't need to buy Coven twice.

That makes sense that that is how it would work now that I think about it. I had no idea how it would work.
Queenofswords
Executioner
Executioner

Postby rider339 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:37 pm

Queenofswords wrote:
ScarfVendetta wrote:

That makes sense that that is how it would work now that I think about it. I had no idea how it would work.

I get the same problem on steam. When steam switched to unity it kept kicking me out of matches randomly so I had to go to web, when web version changed to unity I get randomly kicked there too.
rider339
Executioner
Executioner

Postby Queenofswords » Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:47 pm

rider339 wrote:
Queenofswords wrote:
ScarfVendetta wrote:

I get the same problem on steam. When steam switched to unity it kept kicking me out of matches randomly so I had to go to web, when web version changed to unity I get randomly kicked there too.

Yeah sadly I have established that. It's not quite as bad for me as on browser (yet) but it's still annoying. And considering for me the crash issue got worse and worse as time went on I'm afraid the same thing is gonna happen with steam. At first clearing the browser data would let me get through at least one match most of the time, then only half the time, then none of the time but if I cleared both the browser data and the host cache I could play, and now even that doesn't work. So yeah
Queenofswords
Executioner
Executioner

Postby shapesifter13 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:36 pm

This happens because Flash was very forgiving with crashes. It would just silently fail causing all kinds of problems players didn't realize. Now the game obviously crashes when something goes wrong, but this means logs are made for us to fix these issues. It will take time to get through everything that is happening, but we are resolving crash issues with every patch. Eventually the game will get to a point where it doesn't crash often if ever, and there won't be any issues silently failing that cause any weirdness.

I understand this is a worse experience for players now, but it is better in the long run.
shapesifter13
Developer
Developer

Postby Queenofswords » Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:50 pm

That makes sense actually. I can definitely see why that would be preferable.
Queenofswords
Executioner
Executioner

Postby shapesifter13 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:21 pm

Here is some standard information gathering questions we have been asking when these issues arrive for players to help supplement any logs that we are getting.

Are you using web, Steam, or mobile? Are you on Mac, PC, iOS, or Android? Are you on a 32 bit OS? Are you using a VPN? What were you doing when it occurred? Was it in a game, or on a different screen like customization/shop/party/lobby/etc?

Mobile

Are you on Wi-Fi or mobile data?

For mobile users it should send us an automatic bug report.

Steam

Steam users could you turn on player logs in your settings, and post your player logs if this happens again?

Web

If this happens again could you click the F12 key, go to the console tab, and post that information here?
shapesifter13
Developer
Developer

Postby leon1122 » Fri Jul 24, 2020 6:41 am

I had 2 abnormal disconnects today; it's very annoying and makes me afraid to play ranked right now. I've only ever had one abnormal disconnect before, and it was during a server update.

I'm using web, on PC, 64-bit OS, no VPN, WiFi. Both disconnects were during the daytime. One occurred during a trial, and the other during regular discussion.
I go by "The ghost".
leon1122
Lookout
Lookout

Postby dinner90001 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:52 pm

I would like to apologize for my earlier attitude. On the topic of this however, I've had disconnects on both the steam version and web version on a 64-bit OS with Ethernet connection, no VPN, or anything of the sort. It's rather frustrating to say the least.
dinner90001

Postby ElizaST » Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:13 am

This has happened to me THREE TIMES today. Down 60 ELO, and just DCed from ranked practice as jailor, can't wait to get mass reported.
ElizaST

Return to Bug Reports