Current Priorities of Fixes for patch 3.2

Post any known bugs here!

Current Priorities of Fixes for patch 3.2

Postby PyromonkeyGG » Sat May 30, 2020 7:24 pm

Hey Townies,

I wanted to take the time to let everyone know what we are working on currently to improve Patch 3.2.

We are currently working on:

Disconnect issues (abnormal disconnect, etc) - any information users can report in the bug report forum (OS, browser, etc) will be helpful!
    Crash issues
    Performance issues (lag, slowness)
    Copy paste improvements for Web
    Android being on the correct version (and able to play Town Traitor)

We will be working hard to get these ironed out over the next few days. If you can help spread the word to players, we are working on the above issues! We ask that you please be patient.
PyromonkeyGG
Developer
Developer

Re: Current Priorities of Fixes for patch 3.2

Postby techyleo » Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:41 am

Sounds great!
techyleo
Executioner
Executioner

Postby Transcender » Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:04 am

wait so what even happened with the android version
Transcender
Recruiter
Recruiter

Postby munchkinMB » Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:30 pm

Before this patch update I could play the game fine. Now with this update the server disconnects EVERY SINGLE GAME and shows me some screen of a blue sky with clouds. This is so annoying, I can't get through a single game. :x :x :x :x
munchkinMB

Postby DeepanshuK » Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:46 pm

I lost so much of elo from the disconnections and other problems, feels like I should leave this.
DeepanshuK
Jester
Jester

Postby zthomasack » Tue Jun 02, 2020 5:25 pm

I am using chrome/Windows 10. After the latest patch, I cannot log into Town of Salem. Obviously, I have my password right: I am here. The game either takes an indefinitely long time to log in, or hits me with "abnormal disconnection" within approximately 20-30 seconds of idling.

Please help - I really enjoy this game!
zthomasack

Postby hatsrule » Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:08 pm

I'm on the Web version, my map keeps zooming out and I can scroll to black bars outside the map, along with the quality just drastically decreasing. Not to mention the horrendous lag. Also, even though it's no longer needed, manually copying wills is a bit more annoying as it doesn't copy a single letter.
hatsrule

Postby EmeraldCake » Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:54 pm

Yall didn't fix a single crash bug that was reported in the beta version. You were aware of "abnormal disconnection" and similar errors but when the actual patch was released none of those errors were fixed. Seriously, what's the point of having open beta for testing if you won't fix anything.
EmeraldCake
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Jerme » Sat Jun 13, 2020 4:01 am

EmeraldCake wrote:Yall didn't fix a single crash bug that was reported in the beta version. You were aware of "abnormal disconnection" and similar errors but when the actual patch was released none of those errors were fixed. Seriously, what's the point of having open beta for testing if you won't fix anything.

Even though the message could be the same or similar, it does not mean its cause is the same one.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby ScreenedMussel5 » Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:48 pm

Hello,
I don't know where to put bugs from browser version so I guess I'll put it here. I am playing on Google Chrome (Chromebook) and whenever I press the copy button for text and then paste it into my will or chat it always pastes two identical messages (the message IS what I want to copy, but I just want one of them) at once. This happened repeatedly, and I use Cntl-C and Cntl-V a lot so I don't think it is me messing up and pasting twice many times in a row. Sorry if this is a known issue, I didn't know where the best way to post this since this isn't on Steam or Mobile.

Feel free to contact me if you have more questions, I unfortunately don't have a screenshot of this but it should be reasonable to replicate on my computer.

Thanks!
ScreenedMussel5

Postby Jerme » Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:27 pm

ScreenedMussel5 wrote:Hello,
I don't know where to put bugs from browser version so I guess I'll put it here. I am playing on Google Chrome (Chromebook) and whenever I press the copy button for text and then paste it into my will or chat it always pastes two identical messages (the message IS what I want to copy, but I just want one of them) at once. This happened repeatedly, and I use Cntl-C and Cntl-V a lot so I don't think it is me messing up and pasting twice many times in a row. Sorry if this is a known issue, I didn't know where the best way to post this since this isn't on Steam or Mobile.

Feel free to contact me if you have more questions, I unfortunately don't have a screenshot of this but it should be reasonable to replicate on my computer.

Thanks!

This is a known one and a fix for that is coming soon, probably with the next update.
You post your bug reports usually in the bug reports section as a new thread.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Anibba » Sat Jun 20, 2020 4:18 pm

any info when the patch will be out its almost a month and the game still has problems
Anibba
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby shapesifter13 » Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:41 pm

We have done several patches to fix things as we found them. We will continue to fix issues as we find them as well. I know it can frustrating to not feel like anything is being done, but I can assure you we are working to resolve these issues.
shapesifter13
Developer
Developer

Postby Steepnine » Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:25 pm

M8 ive been getting dced for 13 games straight now, i cant even log in now
Steepnine

Postby mushyheaded » Mon Jan 18, 2021 2:46 pm

here we are, 8 months after this post was made, and the Disconnections are even worse than they were before.
mushyheaded
Executioner
Executioner

Postby finerstorm » Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:23 pm

mushyheaded wrote:here we are, 8 months after this post was made, and the Disconnections are even worse than they were before.

yep another month later and im still getting multiple disconnection a night, weirdly its every time i get a good role lmao its never when its just sheriff or something its always like pb or jugg
finerstorm
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby LevinSnakesRise » Sun Feb 28, 2021 6:47 pm

Hey there.

Abnormal Disconnections are multiple bugs, not just one. They're hard to fix because there's not a lot of information given to help fix the causes.

Also, if you have Spectrum as your Internet Service Provider, you're likely to have more issues with it because they claim it's not their issue, but there's a giant growth of Spectrum users having this issue. If you are, contact Spectrum and let them know you're having problems connecting to ToS' servers, even if they try to tell you it isn't on their end, because it is indeed part of their problem and BMG is working on trying to get this specific Abnormal Disconnect issue fixed.
Please contact BMG with any questions regarding your account issues;
support@blankmediagames.zendesk.com

Thanks.
LevinSnakesRise
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Bug Reports