Password reset is a joke

Post any known bugs here!

Password reset is a joke

Postby DoodleNoodleFroodle » Sun Jan 19, 2020 4:04 pm

According to the devs the forced password changed was inflicted upon those who didn't change their password after the breach.

I changed my password and yet I was forced to change it again, because according to the devs I didn't change my password.
Furthermore when I tried to request a password change my email could not be associated to my account, even though the forum says it is.
If this was not enough then I am still yet to hear from info@blankmediagames after sending the ticket 2 weeks ago.

Way to lock players out of your game.

I'll be making a request that password change can be done via the forum instead of this stupid email system, because it is clearly not working for you guys.
DoodleNoodleFroodle
Jester
Jester

Re: Password reset is a joke

Postby Flavorable » Sun Jan 19, 2020 4:37 pm

What's the point of having a password change via the forum if the hackers can log into your account and thus change your password via the forum?

Regardless: Did you reply to the automated message you received after sending your e-mail?

Also, on a side-note, those who did still get a password change despite having changed it after the breached, likely hadn't completed all the steps to changing their password (mostly due to players mixing up the "forgot password" link with the "Reset password" link). In any case, it's for your own account security, I don't quite understand why people are perturbed about it. Sure, it would be less hassle for you, personally, to just let things be, until your account gets banned because it was abused by hackers and then you ask us "why did you not push a force password reset on my account to keep me from getting hacked?"

There's no way in pleasing everyone, but at least this way, your account is safe. All that rests now is letting me know if and when you replied to the automated response you should have gotten after you e-mailed the Devs and then I can hit you up with more info.
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby DoodleNoodleFroodle » Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:29 am

Of course I replied to the automated email response as it was instructed in the official post about this.
DoodleNoodleFroodle
Jester
Jester

Postby Flavorable » Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:38 am

If you can PM me the e-mailaddress you sent the reply from as well as the date you replied, I'll contact the community manager and ask him what's up.
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby nickelrodent » Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:39 pm

Ive been waiting 3 weeks for my email to be associated with my account. Dont hold your breath.
nickelrodent
Jester
Jester

Postby LevinSnakesRise » Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:56 pm

nickelrodent wrote:Ive been waiting 3 weeks for my email to be associated with my account. Dont hold your breath.

Flavorable wrote:If you can PM me the e-mailaddress you sent the reply from as well as the date you replied, I'll contact the community manager and ask him what's up.
Please contact BMG with any questions regarding your account issues;
support@blankmediagames.zendesk.com

Thanks.
LevinSnakesRise
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Bug Reports