reset pasword problem

Post any known bugs here!

reset pasword problem

Postby SoyZekken » Fri Jan 17, 2020 5:43 pm

I am having trouble logging in with my account both from steam and from the web. It asks me to change the password, to do that I must indicate my username and my email, but upon entering my email a message appears that says: "The given email could not be associated with a Town of Salem account". This problem prevents me from playing.

I would like to know what solution there may be for this problem, since I bought the game from Steam.

The problem persists even entering from the browser.

I sent an email to support on January 6, and today, January 17, I don't get an answer.
SoyZekken
Jester
Jester

Re: reset pasword problem

Postby Flavorable » Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:14 pm

Did you reply to the automated response?
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby SoyZekken » Sat Jan 18, 2020 5:13 am

Flavorable wrote:Did you reply to the automated response?

Yes, but I still don't get an answer after 12 days.
SoyZekken
Jester
Jester

Postby Jerme » Sat Jan 18, 2020 5:46 am

That could be odd, but hey have a lot of messages to reply to.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby SoyZekken » Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:03 am

Jerme wrote:That could be odd, but hey have a lot of messages to reply to.

I understand, but I really need a solution since I paid to get the steam game.
SoyZekken
Jester
Jester

Postby Jerme » Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:17 pm

SoyZekken wrote:

What happens when you click login with Steam?
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby SoyZekken » Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:52 pm

Jerme wrote:
SoyZekken wrote:

What happens when you click login with Steam?

It asks me to change the password, to do that I must indicate my username and my email, but upon entering my email a message appears that says: "The given email could not be associated with a Town of Salem account". This problem prevents me from playing.
SoyZekken
Jester
Jester

Postby Jerme » Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:42 pm

Did you enter the email you registered your account with?

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby SoyZekken » Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:24 pm

Jerme wrote:Did you enter the email you registered your account with?

Yes, it is the same email that I use here in the forums.
SoyZekken
Jester
Jester

Postby Jerme » Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:16 am

If you wish, you could hit up their Twitter or Facebook, this could help a bit.

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby SoyZekken » Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:25 pm

Jerme wrote:If you wish, you could hit up their Twitter or Facebook, this could help a bit.

I was able to enter the game by logging from steam only when the game is in English (I'm from Argentina, so I usually play in Spanish). But when I want to start from the browser I can not, it keeps asking me to change the password, and when I want to change it by putting my email tells me that it is not associated with any account. It's the same email that appears on my profile here on the forums. I already sent an email 14 days ago, I wrote on twitter and I still don't get help.
SoyZekken
Jester
Jester

Postby Jerme » Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:30 pm

Since the Steamlogin uses an other way to authenticate itself it works without having changed the password. When you try to login with the login credentials you have to change it due to the rename flag.
Please keep in mind that our community manager cannot instantly reply to everyone, so patience might be required.

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby SoyZekken » Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:07 am

18 days have passed since I sent the email and I still have no answer. I understand that you need to be patient, but this seems a bit absurd now.

I can no longer request a refund on steam because it has been more than a year since I bought the game, but I would gladly do it because I feel cheated by the technical support that cannot answer a simple mail.

And I say it with no courage to disrespect, I hope you understand my situation.
SoyZekken
Jester
Jester

Postby Jerme » Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:48 am

The support is swamped with mails of players having similar problems, so its not "a simply mail", but a big pile of them.
If you like, I can inquire whats up with your mail, did you include your username in it, so I could ask?

Also: Are you able to hit the "login with Steam"-button to login, or are you receiving a popup message for it?

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby LordPharaoh » Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:36 pm

I have that problem but with regular computer.
LordPharaoh

Postby Jerme » Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:21 pm

Have you messaged info@blankmediagames.com about it @LodPharaoh?

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby SoyZekken » Sat Feb 08, 2020 8:04 am

Hi.

It's February 8th.

32 days have passed since I sent the mail to the support and I still have no answer.

I really need help with the problem. Since I cannot log out of steam with my user data.
SoyZekken
Jester
Jester

Postby bossborn » Sat Feb 08, 2020 11:38 am

the exsact thing is happing to me to and because i bought coven on the wep i cant just make a new acount
bossborn

Postby SoyZekken » Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:06 pm

February 11, and I still have the problem. No one helps me!!!!!!!!!!!

What a shame.
SoyZekken
Jester
Jester

Postby Jerme » Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:03 am

Did you include your ToS Username in your mail, if so I could inquire if he got the mail or not?
Usually the mails from early to midJanuary should already have been processed.
In early January there was an autoamted response sent that you should reply to. I take you did just that, right? Or haven't you even received that mail?

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby SoyZekken » Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:40 pm

Jerme wrote:Did you include your ToS Username in your mail, if so I could inquire if he got the mail or not?
Usually the mails from early to midJanuary should already have been processed.
In early January there was an autoamted response sent that you should reply to. I take you did just that, right? Or haven't you even received that mail?

Yes, I included my username and email in the email. I also responded to the automatic response.

That happened on January 6, and being today February 15, I still have no answer.
SoyZekken
Jester
Jester

Postby Jerme » Sun Feb 16, 2020 6:36 am

It could currently be that the mail got lost sadly :c
I've inquired the status and then we can see what will happen.

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby SoyZekken » Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:13 am

3 days ago I sent an email again. This time I did not receive an automatic response. But I still have no answer. I understand that they may be busy and receive many emails a day, but it seems absurd that after more than a month of having sent the first email, I still have no answer. The technical assistance is really painful. Not even a moderator contacted me through the forums to help me. It really makes me want to delete my account, but unfortunately it wouldn't do any good, since I bought the game on Steam in 2018, and I can't ask for a refund. But believe me that if I could ask for it, I would.
SoyZekken
Jester
Jester

Postby Jerme » Sat Feb 22, 2020 3:52 am

The support mail moved to support@blankmediagames.zendesk.com
I beleive the info@blankmediagames.com address should still forward the message, but I am not sure.
Please keep in mind that aside from what I've telling you on this thread there is nothing more that I could help you more with.

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby SoyZekken » Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:32 pm

Yesterday I sent an email to the new email address. Is it necessary to answer the automatic answer?
SoyZekken
Jester
Jester

Next

Return to Bug Reports