Witched as transporter.

Post any known bugs here!

Witched as transporter.

Postby bibidibop » Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:08 am

So, I was transporter and transed 2 random targets n1.

I was also witched, but obviously got the msg: "Someone tried to witch you but you were immune".

But the lookout saw me visiting the jailor n1, so he had me in the will as visiting jailor n1, which made me doubt the lookout, since i didn't transport him.

Wondering if this is a bug, or if it's intended? Feels like it shouldn't be intended to be a mechanic, since transporter is immune to being witched,
just as an arsonist is immune to attacks from mafia/vigis.

Well, thought I'd post and check..

P.S I asked the lookout after the game, who double checked and i showed up as visiting the jailor.
bibidibop
Jester
Jester

Re: Witched as transporter.

Postby bibidibop » Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:48 am

Oh okay, well i was dead so the bug didn't really affect the game, but unless everyone knows it i can see it ruining a few games..

But anyways, thanks for the reply.
bibidibop
Jester
Jester

Postby Jerme » Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:53 am

It can indeed ruin some games, for example when you were alive after that, going for a lynchwagon to lynch the LO.
In general is the behaviour of Witch/Transporter, Witch/Witch and Witch makes someone target a transported target a "weird" case. Multiple possible outcomes, some (or most?) of them might not even be intended.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby bibidibop » Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:18 pm

So how is the game mechanic for roles that can't visit other people, i.e jailors.. will LOs see that the jailor visited or not?

And if the witch witches a WW on n1 or n3, do LOs see him visiting aswell or not?
bibidibop
Jester
Jester

Postby Jerme » Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:44 pm

The Werewolf will be seen as a visitor as far as I've been aware. Havn't checked with the Jailor past Patch 2.0, but before it was the case.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Jerme » Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:09 am

This is already logged bug, which I have been bugging the devs for quite a while (a year+ iirc), yet it did not seem to be that much of a priority bug to fix atm.

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Return to Bug Reports