Referral Did Not Work

Post any known bugs here!

Referral Did Not Work

Postby Martians » Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:30 pm

Hi, all. I have played TOS for s pretty long time now. Recently I purchased the game on Steam for my SO as a gift (Coven Expansion included) and gave him one of my referral codes to put in while he was signing up (which he did, I watched him). We have now played over 10 games together and yet I have not gotten my referral reward.... the referral code went away from my list but it still did not give me the rewards. I am assuming this is a bug because I gifted him the game? I feel as though my referral should still count since the game and expansion were still purchased for his account... Please help.
Martians
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Re: Referral Did Not Work

Postby Jerme » Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:55 pm

Did they link the reerred account with Steam, or a new one?
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Martians » Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:57 pm

Jerme wrote:Did they link the reerred account with Steam, or a new one?

They created a new account and then downloaded and logged into the new one and connected it with Steam. They had not had an account previously.
Martians
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Jerme » Sat Nov 02, 2019 1:36 am

This means they did not have a chance to enter the referralcode at all, since the code is to be typed ingame when you do not have a premium account (or one linked with Steam) and clicking "play".
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Martians » Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:03 pm

Jerme wrote:This means they did not have a chance to enter the referralcode at all, since the code is to be typed ingame when you do not have a premium account (or one linked with Steam) and clicking "play".

When creating the account on the website, there was a place to enter a referral code.
Martians
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Jerme » Sun Nov 03, 2019 12:36 am

Its not a code, its the username of the one who referred you, iirc.

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Martians » Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:32 pm

Jerme wrote:Its not a code, its the username of the one who referred you, iirc.

Is there a way for someone to override this and give me the referral credit then?? Because I only paid for it so that I would get the credit for that...And I did refer him so it's not like that isn't true.
Martians
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Jerme » Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:27 am

I believe the devs would be capable of doing that, but you'd need the confirmation of your friend that this would be indeed the case.

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Martians » Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:07 pm

Jerme wrote:I believe the devs would be capable of doing that, but you'd need the confirmation of your friend that this would be indeed the case.

Okay. I can definitely get his confirmation. How do I go about getting in contact with a Dev?
Martians
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Jerme » Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:30 am

You could email them using info@blankmediagames.com please keep in mind that you should reply to the automated response.
There is currently a backlog of mails, so it could take a while until you will receive a proper response.

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Flavorable » Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:52 am

Jerme wrote:You could email them using info@blankmediagames.com please keep in mind that you should reply to the automated response.
There is currently a backlog of mails, so it could take a while until you will receive a proper response.

To clarify on "a while", since that's not clear to a lot of people:

Expect 3+ weeks response time for now. Anything quicker than that is then a happy surprise.
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Return to Bug Reports