Ouch Achievement

Post any known bugs here!

Ouch Achievement

Postby SeerSword » Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:35 pm

Hi! I've had issues on multiple occasions with getting the Ouch Achievement, "As Vigilante, shoot yourself at night".

Sorry I forgot to snapshot the role list and it seems the screenshot I did take was at the incorrect time and thus does not include me shooting myself at night, thanks to the transporter. The first time, over a month ago, I shot myself as a result of the Coven Leader, also at night. Neither of these unlocked the achievement for me.

This game ended at 1:32PM GMT+12, 16/09/2019. I have refreshed the browser but this has not unlocked the achievement. It was my third bullet, the first of which shot an executioner (defence) and the second a janitor. If Coven Leader doesn't unlock the achievement, and transporter doesn't unlock the achievement, what the hell is meant to? A Witch? That's literally the only role I am yet to complete the description of the achievement with, and it's getting frustrating.

EDIT:
The mode was Coven Any All
Here is a URL for the screenshot I managed to take. It unfortunately lacks the necessary information but does show most of the role list. Mendussy was the transporter; thanks to an agreement I shot him and he transported it back in me.

https://scontent.fakl8-1.fna.fbcdn.net/ ... e=5DF8CD19
SeerSword
Survivor
Survivor

Re: Ouch Achievement

Postby Jerme » Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:10 pm

I believe I got that achievement by getting conrolled to shoot myself in the Vigilantics gamemode, which doesn't exist anymore.
Please read ths FAQ entry about what to do when you're missing an achievement - viewtopic.php?f=38&t=74369
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby SeerSword » Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:52 pm

Thank you Jerme. I sent through a message to Turdpile although I know I don't have the proof to get the achievement applied. I would still like for someone to look into the coding/play of it anyway, because I genuinely believe this achievement is bugged and I want to be able to earn it ingame.
SeerSword
Survivor
Survivor

Postby kyuss420 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:12 am

Sounds like my theory of classic mode role acheivements needing to be completed in classic modes. But as I have no proof......
goosegoosegoosegoosegoose
Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image
kyuss420
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby MysticMismagius » Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:17 am

Nope, I tried it in classic custom mode a while back and it still didn’t work. The achievement is simply broken.
MysticMismagius
Consigliere
Consigliere

Postby ZedKiller13 » Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:03 am

Quick notice, have you not gotten the achievement for shooting yourself AFTER shooting a Town member? If I remember right that is how I originally earned the achievement, not for getting controlled into myself but for shooting myself after shooting a Townie.
ZedKiller13
Transporter
Transporter

Postby MysticMismagius » Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:21 am

No, I never got it until I had to ask Turdpile to manually give it to me. I sent him proof of both the Transporter and Witch method, but not the guilt method, so I imagine the former two are the methods that you’re supposed to use.
MysticMismagius
Consigliere
Consigliere

Postby Jerme » Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:46 pm

I believe I got that achievement regularly when being controlled to shoof myself by a Witch, which happened in June 2015 or so.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby MysticMismagius » Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:07 pm

I first encountered the glitched achievement on August 23, 2018, so it must have become glitched at some point between 2015 and then. Additionally, the achievement was still broken on April 6, 2019 (I tried to get it again and failed on that date), which, going by the patch notes in the browser version, was after the latest update. It may not have been broken when you got it, but it's broken now and that's what's important.
MysticMismagius
Consigliere
Consigliere

Postby Jerme » Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:09 pm

Alright, I will forward it. Thanks for the heads up.
Are you sure you tried both versions, or would being controlled still count today and the Transproter one is the bugged one in general?

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby MysticMismagius » Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:11 pm

Being controlled was the one I tried in April, so I know for a fact that won't work now. I assume the Transporter method won't work either because SeerSword tried that one when they made this post.
MysticMismagius
Consigliere
Consigliere

Postby SeerSword » Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:40 pm

Hi Jerme! Sorry for the late reply, hadn't checked this for a bit. So, I have definitely tried both versions in the past. I achieved the transporter version for the third time the other day, and this time I have indisputable proof. I messaged TurdPile but I think he's pretty busy. I arranged the transporter shooting this time so as to confirm that this is a bug.

EDIT: I am definitely certain that the witch one did not give me the achievement. It was Coven Leader not Witch if that makes any difference, but being controlled did not give me the achievement and transporter has not either.

https://imgur.com/4JkYIbG
https://imgur.com/IBNGQwt
https://imgur.com/8UzMw3u
SeerSword
Survivor
Survivor

Postby Jerme » Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:58 pm

You are correct it should not make a difference. TurdPile has already forwarded his concerns about this achievements to the devs, so that this problem can be logged and take care of, when the find time for it.

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby SeerSword » Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:11 am

Thank you very much! I just wanted to offer some proof to go along so that it could help with the process of getting devs to listen, or at the very least provide some context for the lack of action.
SeerSword
Survivor
Survivor

Postby Jerme » Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:26 pm

I am grateful for that.

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Transcender » Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:50 am

I think i got it within the glitched timespan.. humus
Transcender
Recruiter
Recruiter

Return to Bug Reports