Frequently being disconnected from my Games, unintentionally

Post any known bugs here!

Frequently being disconnected from my Games, unintentionally

Postby TheEndurianGamer » Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:01 pm

For unknown reasons, the Browser version of Town of Salem has been frequently been freezing, lagging, and effectively crashing (as it forces me to refresh the page, disconnecting me from the game).
This has been happening for a few weeks, and I unfortunately have found no major links as to what causes it.

I should specify, that this isn't someone lying about the reason they're disconnecting from servers. I have been disconnected from winning games, or games where I would have 100% won said game if not disconnected, and as such this has began to cause some annoyance.

Final note before I send this; It SEEMS to actually happen more as a town role, but not exclusively. I don't think this has much to do with it, but in case it does, I'll add it.

If others are ALSO having this issue, it'd be good to know.
Favorite Roles: Bystander Exe, Sheriff, Investigator, Lookout, Arsonist, Medium.
Least Favourite Roles: Godfather, Mafioso, Framer, Consigliarie, Jailor.
TheEndurianGamer

Re: Frequently being disconnected from my Games, unintention

Postby Jerme » Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:08 pm

There are some disconnecti issue being reported, yet none of those could be pinned on a serversided issue, as this would usually result into way more DCs than there are.
Keep in mind that the game currently requires a constnat and stable connection, even a small loss of data could result into a disconnect.
If you are currently using WiFi, I recommend using an ethernet cord if possible.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Return to Bug Reports