Transporter message not showing up

Post any known bugs here!

Transporter message not showing up

Postby blazer3030 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:19 pm

I was in a game where I was revealed mayor, there was a transporter, a mafioso claiming transporter, and some townies.
To validate the transporters, we were going to test by having them move some people around (one of them was myself). However, I was not transported.
This led to the actual transporter being hung and the mafioso staying alive for a little while longer.
The transporter says that he made sure he clicked me and Player 14, but he didn't post an image.

Images posted to Imgur:
https://imgur.com/a/6d2hCEK
blazer3030
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Re: Transporter message not showing up

Postby Jerme » Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:14 pm

Was the other player jailed, perhaps? Or the Transporter controlled by the Coven Leader?
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Brilliand » Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:26 pm

Can the Coven Leader affect this? Transporter has control immunity.
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby blazer3030 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:07 pm

Transporter said nothing happened to him. He said that he did, in fact, transport me, but nothing appeared on my screen.

Sorry for late response, last two days have been hectic
blazer3030
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Jerme » Sun Jun 23, 2019 2:22 pm

Brilliand wrote:Can the Coven Leader affect this? Transporter has control immunity.

The CL can, at least the Witch can, I've tested it. This can have two results: either the Transproter swaps the one the CL made them target with their second target, or they swap the selected players and end up visiting the one they were controlled to for Lookout, Medusa, Tracker(, Veteran) and Werewolf.
blazer3030 wrote:Transporter said nothing happened to him. He said that he did, in fact, transport me, but nothing appeared on my screen.
Sorry for late response, last two days have been hectic

Was there a LO on you or something? Or someone with a similar name?
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby blazer3030 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 2:21 pm

I don't believe so, no. I don't know if there is any way to prove this as although there is no valid reason for a true transporter to lie, he didn't provide any screenshots.
blazer3030
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Jerme » Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:26 pm

That is correct, yet there can be events in which the Transport doesn't go through, for example when they were controlled, or missclicked and swapped targets too late (which didn't get processed due to latency).

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Return to Bug Reports