Disguise not working

Post any known bugs here!

Disguise not working

Postby EgyptFalcon » Fri Jul 23, 2021 1:32 am

https://imgur.com/a/xjRTuYG

(First vigilante was killed n1, the "vigilante" referred to in this post is always the same, second vigilante) I disguised the mafioso as the transporter, the same night mafioso was shot by a vigilante. The mafioso also killed the vigilante that very night. I did not receive any indications that anything failed in the disguising (witching, roleblock, etc), and the retributionist was executed so the transporter wasn't in jail.

When the night ended, all players appeared to be their roles. Mafioso showed up as mafioso and had been shot by vigilante. The only way this could possibly have happened if it weren't a bug is that transporter transported themselves with the mafioso, but I'm not really sure if that happened because they never posted their will. This seems highly unlikely though, so I figured I'd post a bug report so that it could receive some additional testing.
Check out my best role ideas:
Doomsayer (TK)
Kleptomaniac (NE)
Riddler (MK)
EgyptFalcon
Spy
Spy

Re: Disguise not working

Postby techteen3000 » Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:50 pm

you only disguise them to checks and los you dont change their role out right its working as intended
techteen3000
Doctor
Doctor

Postby Benn3 » Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:22 pm

Disguiser got reworked; they don't change the roles of who dies anymore. They can disguise a Mafia member as another Town member, so if a Sheriff checks the Mafia member, they'll appear Innocent, and they'll also have the Investigator results of the Town member they were disguised as. They also affect Lookout, where a Mafia member will appear to be the person they were disguised as. Otherwise, they don't affect any other roles.
My main role concepts:

Caporegime
Spirit
Sniper
Assassin
Benn3
Executioner
Executioner

Postby WildCard65 » Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:14 pm

Benn3 wrote:Disguiser got reworked; they don't change the roles of who dies anymore. They can disguise a Mafia member as another Town member, so if a Sheriff checks the Mafia member, they'll appear Innocent, and they'll also have the Investigator results of the Town member they were disguised as. They also affect Lookout, where a Mafia member will appear to be the person they were disguised as. Otherwise, they don't affect any other roles.

There is a bit of false information in your statement, here's the real truth:
The Disguiser right now is a dual targeting role, the first target they select is a member of the Mafia (they can target themselves), the second target is a non-Mafia player.
The disguised Mafia member will have the same Sheriff results as the second target (unconfirmed, potentially not affected by frames and hexes) while also having the investigative results of the second target.
Instead of Lookouts seeing the disguised Mafia member visit, they will instead see the second target perform the visit (even if the role of the second target can't visit).
The disguised Mafia member's visit will be erased from the Spy's result, instead both of the Disguisers visits will appear instead, if a Disguiser is confirmed to be in play, one of the Mafia visits will always be Mafia themselves, this is most apparent if the disguised member visits a Mafia's kill and there's an unusual visit count to that target (0 visits when the person died to Mafia or 1 visit when the target is killed and cleaned by Mafia).
WildCard65
Doctor
Doctor

Postby techteen3000 » Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:35 pm

Thanks for correcting that statement
techteen3000
Doctor
Doctor

Postby Benn3 » Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:42 pm

WildCard65 wrote:
Benn3 wrote:Disguiser got reworked; they don't change the roles of who dies anymore. They can disguise a Mafia member as another Town member, so if a Sheriff checks the Mafia member, they'll appear Innocent, and they'll also have the Investigator results of the Town member they were disguised as. They also affect Lookout, where a Mafia member will appear to be the person they were disguised as. Otherwise, they don't affect any other roles.

There is a bit of false information in your statement, here's the real truth:
The Disguiser right now is a dual targeting role, the first target they select is a member of the Mafia (they can target themselves), the second target is a non-Mafia player.

"They can disguise a Mafia member as another Town member" should imply dual targeting.

The disguised Mafia member will have the same Sheriff results as the second target (unconfirmed, potentially not affected by frames and hexes) while also having the investigative results of the second target.

This is correct, I just said innocent because, most likely you won't disguise as a Coven/Serial Killer and you'll just disguise as a Town member, so you'll appear innocent most of the time.

Instead of Lookouts seeing the disguised Mafia member visit, they will instead see the second target perform the visit (even if the role of the second target can't visit).

"They also affect Lookout, where a Mafia member will appear to be the person they were disguised as." already explained this, just in a more 'broad' way I guess.

The disguised Mafia member's visit will be erased from the Spy's result, instead both of the Disguisers visits will appear instead, if a Disguiser is confirmed to be in play, one of the Mafia visits will always be Mafia themselves, this is most apparent if the disguised member visits a Mafia's kill and there's an unusual visit count to that target (0 visits when the person died to Mafia or 1 visit when the target is killed and cleaned by Mafia).

Correct, but this has to do with Spy for the most part, and not Disguiser themselves.

Don't really understand what I said was false tho, you just elaborated a bit more.
My main role concepts:

Caporegime
Spirit
Sniper
Assassin
Benn3
Executioner
Executioner

Postby WildCard65 » Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:50 pm

I called it a "BIT" false as to anyone not familiar with the new Disguiser, they may misunderstand and assume disguises only work against Town roles, this is fine for Ranked, but modes like All Any do require exact details, plus you did forget to mention how the Spy's also affected (and instead accidently lumped it in the statement, "All other roles aren't affected")
WildCard65
Doctor
Doctor

Postby Benn3 » Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:01 pm

ah, you're right about that
My main role concepts:

Caporegime
Spirit
Sniper
Assassin
Benn3