Coven Leader's controlled seems to ignore Transport mechanic

Post any known bugs here!

Coven Leader's controlled seems to ignore Transport mechanic

Postby sarysa » Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:46 am

https://imgur.com/a/m2gWzX1

You'll have to trust what we're saying in the screenshots because I have no way of 100% verifying, but:

- I transed myself with "t b"
- "Bernie" was controlled to "t b" (CL confirmed this near end of game)
- As "t b" was medusa, I got stoned, but so was Bernie

Therefore, somehow "Bernie" was able to be stoned in spite of my transport. I've noticed transporting oddities before like this but this is the first time I got confirmation from all involved parties.
"Bernie" was a Bodyguard.
Favorite roles: Jailor, Executioner, Consigliere, Witch, Coven Leader, Guardian Angel
Least favorite: Framer, Disguiser, Jester
Most broken IMO:
Jester - Revert the 2.3.0 patch, give a swiss army knife of nighttime annoyance (ala Potion Master) to aid in fooling the town. Just some kind of agency.
Psychic - Game-breaking enough that I made a thread about it.

VIP - The one true mode.
sarysa
Benefactor
Benefactor

Re: Coven Leader's controlled seems to ignore Transport mech

Postby WildCard65 » Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:14 pm

Well the pictures do paint a clear picture, my guess would be the Coven Leader's targeting logic follows that of the Transporter's where the first target can be redirected but the second target can never be avoided. While unconfirmed, I believe there was reports where it was determined the Transporter's second target is not affected by the effects of other Transporters.
WildCard65
Doctor
Doctor

Re: Coven Leader's controlled seems to ignore Transport mech

Postby kyuss420 » Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:32 am

eh transporter and CL interactions have always been buggy. Its anyones guess what the game decides will happen when trans gets involved with CL..... i have a bunch of screen shots on my broken laptop, from the time I used 200 transporter scrolls....getting controlled to medusa when transing CL and doc was a fun one -_- I think the same thing even happened to me once, CL control stopped the transport...but the visit still happened.
goosegoosegoosegoosegoose
Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image
kyuss420
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Return to Bug Reports