Game freezes after morning death reports.

Post any known bugs here!

Game freezes after morning death reports.

Postby jaehxc » Thu May 21, 2020 10:07 am

Hi,

Originally I played on browser, and that worked fine for a long time, but then it would start freezing pretty consistently. It would always freeze right after it shows in the morning how a player died; it's after all the text goes away, like the spotlight is about to move to someone else, but it never does. So, I bought the steam version, and it fixed it immediately... for like ten games.

The freezing is less consistent through the steam client, so I haven't reported this yet, but have been experiencing it off and on for a few months. Recently, it's as consistent as the browser version was (so bad I paid money for a game I already had for free instead of ditching it). Rounding down, it happens in about 90% of matches. It's not always the first death—maybe the sixth death, or the twelfth.

Notes: Everything is still clickable in-game (character list, wills, my will/deathnote, etc), and the music still plays. The spotlight just never leaves the dead body. I've waited multiple times for up to ten minutes to see if it ever unfreezes, and it never has. And I'm not sure if this matters, but I really only played ranked practice mode (solo and in party), so I don't know if I've seen this happen in other modes or not.

Thanks!
jaehxc

Re: Game freezes after morning death reports.

Postby Descender » Fri May 22, 2020 6:14 am

is your internet stable? That can often freeze things like that.
The platform reached lower and lower depths into the new world, a dark world in which not many had been before. It would seem that my stories of going into this other world be praised, but no. It would seem that I would be known as a hero for discovering this, but no. To many I was simply known as... Descender.

I tend to go between cute and distorted hellscapes for pfps. I dont know why.
Descender
[Forum Mafia XX] Winner
[Forum Mafia XX] Winner

Postby jaehxc » Fri May 22, 2020 2:07 pm

Descender wrote:is your internet stable? That can often freeze things like that.

I don't have serious issues with any other games, except some occasional ping spikes. I would say it's "generally stable."
I'm moving this week to a place with better internet, and I'll be wired instead of Wifi. So, maybe that'll fix it. Will report back.
jaehxc

Postby Jerme » Sat May 23, 2020 1:16 am

A short hiccup could already seal the fate of the disconnect. Using a wired connection is generally more stable than WiFi and thus can be quite an improvement.
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

I tend to write small stories into my will and dislike Forgers and Janitors for removing them.

If you see a Grim Reaper called 'Zoroark', know that you might have encountered me.

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby kyuss420 » Mon May 25, 2020 4:41 am

Happens to me too. Always during morning deaths, after will/death note has closed, recently its been more of a lag than a freeze, and occasionally when it does freeze, if I wait 30 seconds, it will unfreeze, and the chat log will speed thru to wherever the rest of players are at. If theyre upto the next night, it wont unfreeze....
goosegoosegoosegoosegoose
Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image
kyuss420
Consort
Consort

Return to Bug Reports