Search found 117 matches

Return to: VFM 49: SK win #rekt

Re: VFM 49: SK win #rekt

Did Phone really not bother sending in a heal action before he died?

On one hand, when you really think about it, I totally get it, but on the other hand... :/
by Rickdaily12
Mon May 27, 2019 2:08 pm
 
Forum: Game Threads
Topic: VFM 49: SK win #rekt
Replies: 1977
Views: 48697

Re: VFM 49: SK win #rekt

Chemist1422 wrote:I am being salty but I think it's a little bit deserved given how I had to put up with his tunnel for about a week

This is completely fair and all, but it still doesn't change the fact that outside the struggle of the two of you, the rest of you handled the game amazingly.

Lost yourselves a bit when it was time to SK hunt and no longer had any associations to draw upon anymore, but with the SK being T-SK and a solid looking town member there was hardly a whole lot you could have done about that anyway.
by Rickdaily12
Mon May 27, 2019 1:37 pm
 
Forum: Game Threads
Topic: VFM 49: SK win #rekt
Replies: 1977
Views: 48697

Re: VFM 49: SK win #rekt

You're just being salty then, Chemist. As a whole, the teams reads and night actions were accurate and on point. Mafia was wiped out by Day 3 and you were left looking at a 6v1.

The SK was also amazing; perhaps your only shortcoming was tunneling Mafia too much and hardclearing people of being Mafia and not caring if they were SK until it was too late.

In complete brutal fairness though, I thought you were M-SK right up until 0Ver told me differently like, 10 hours before Qva won.

The only move that confuses me this game actually is why Qva didn't reverse Cop switch if he was actually T-SK all along.
by Rickdaily12
Mon May 27, 2019 1:33 pm
 
Forum: Game Threads
Topic: VFM 49: SK win #rekt
Replies: 1977
Views: 48697

Re: VFM 49: SK win #rekt

-Had a Mafia personally actively try to hang herself the whole duration she was alive

-Still stopped her from being lynched D1 and had her eat the cop check when she would probably get lynched anyway

-accurately shot Doctor and Cop while avoiding cross killing with the SK (especially on N2) and outted the Vig on D3

-Stared down the person in the Town who wanted me dead the most as a Vigilante as the final remaining Mafia member, and the amount of hard Towning I'd need to do at that point to convince her to avoid my death would have gotten me SKed instead.


I'll put these on my belt and take this loss with pride. I think for the cards Mafia was dealt and how we played them, we did really well, and simply got completely outplayed by an incredible Town. All it could do for me was make me desperately wish I was Town this game instead. It was surreal.

I hope Towns act more like this in future games. The SK handled himself really well too. What an amazing game.

And Cupcake, please never do anything like what you just did in this game as any alignment ever again.
by Rickdaily12
Mon May 27, 2019 1:27 pm
 
Forum: Game Threads
Topic: VFM 49: SK win #rekt
Replies: 1977
Views: 48697

Re: VFM 49: Day 2

Seththeking wrote:
Rickdaily12 wrote:
Chemist1422 wrote:Tfios is always low-impact

Cupcake is new

Uzay posted 143 times

So I’m not sure where you’re going with this

Night Kills hitting Town so far are Dash, Flake, Eragon, and Phone. Two of the flips are PRs, and the other two were considered to be fairly strong citizens. No cross-kills. Assuming the Vig didn't shoot any of these, I'm not sure if Uzay would be enough as the solo kingpin of the Mafia to pull off all of this.

I guess I should just start ISOing him though, I guess.


Could also be SK that killed Uzay.

On a phone so can't really stay but
Probably not

I can't see the Vig shooting Flake over Uzay if that was the conflict that got their attention.
by Rickdaily12
Mon May 20, 2019 4:59 pm
 
Forum: Game Threads
Topic: VFM 49: SK win #rekt
Replies: 1977
Views: 48697

Re: VFM 49: Day 2

I'm too tired for this.

Instead of reading "Lynch priority", just call those my reads from Most Town -> most Scummy instead. <_<
by Rickdaily12
Mon May 20, 2019 3:10 pm
 
Forum: Game Threads
Topic: VFM 49: SK win #rekt
Replies: 1977
Views: 48697

Re: VFM 49: Day 1

Spoiler:
UzayAltay wrote:
Chemist1422 wrote:Uzay do you think there are wolves on cupcake?

Aggreeing with Flake here .
1 or none
But not aggreeing with clearing protoo and grumby
With saying " Only Ejji can be scum there "

This post immediately stands out, but if I try cutting into it then I'm just going to end up WIFOMing. I think it does at least prove Mafia having planned around the lynch a bit.

UzayAltay wrote:
Flake wrote:
GrumpyGoomba wrote:Oof I am mafia too now? I would like to hear your reasoning as to why proto/ejj are town. Ejj I can somewhat see now but proto has nothing going for him imo.

proto is very likely to be town here by meta, i made an argument for him being town at some point

ejji is likely town for a reason which i'd rather not state yet

I can say town .
Because as I understand You are again anglereading .
When I am trusting my metaread on that .
And I know your angleread is NAI , but You are lucky it goes Same place .

defense of ejj
from Uzay I think this is more clearing than it is incriminating, though iirc he wasn't being as harshly SRed by Flake and others yet.

UzayAltay wrote:
0verki11 wrote:Crimson | 8 | Qvaril, Dash2, Uzayaltay, Flake, Chemist1422, Zucker, Tfoisforevah, Rickdaily12 , ; Cupcakej2 |3 | Grumpygoomba, Ejjinami, Protozigg ; Dash2 | 1 | Eragon1329 ; Uzayaltay | 1 | Cupcakej2 ; Chemist | 1 | , Crimson97,


TBH I am thinking different than Flake here .

My Pool is
Either
1( Goomba , protoo ) , 1 ( Qva , Chem , Rick )
Or 2 ( Qva , Chem , Rick , Zucker , tfios}

About tfios , there are posts Like #3169181 or #3169935I Dont Like , so not aggreeing on tfios being lock-town with Flake .

This is very hard to sort out. He doesn't really explain why he splits the scenarios like this, so it's hard to say what he's trying to set up here.

I think he's responding to this post? From Flake. Still doesn't really make sense on reread though, because he doesn't respond to Flake on a point by point basis, and the language barrier here only makes it harder.

This post is even more arguing and intrigue about ejj

UzayAltay wrote:Seems unlikely.
They could be able to Do that
But What Will be their benefit ?
Only benefit is W!Flake now being able to TR Chem freely
But they could Do that at some other Ways
So it seems hard

(about Flake and Chemist being MvM during the slip exchange)

UzayAltay wrote:
Chemist1422 wrote:
Dash2 wrote:Chemist you're seriously not helping your case

I'm trying, okay?

You're saying I faked the slip knowingly and actually slipped because I knew it would be fake, but I explained what actually happened. If you're not refuting that you can't push me based on the slip.

Wait What This is completely wrong .
If You are Okay with Flake TR ing You with your slip
But not aggreeing with Dash SR ing You with your flip
Than This is LAMIST
Which is FoS
Due You not keeping your original opinion ( Slip was NAI )
Happily take The cred from Flake
But refusing SRs
Actually This deserves A vote
But I Will Wait for your explanation

(I don't think I ever saw Chemist respond to this post for the record)

Chemist did respond to this one though:

Chemist1422 wrote:
UzayAltay wrote:
Flake wrote:chemist is probably town for not crumbling there

i think he would have if he genuinely faked the slip

Or The scum
Which didnt kill Eragon
From your Logic .

But I Dont think Chem's slip was AI
I know , You was thinking "Chem wouldnt give that reactions as scum "

But , If he planned The slip , He can plan How can he defend after slip, too
So I Dont think Chem's posts at there are even AI
Chem can be everything with that slip IMO

This is probably the most logical post that has been made all day

sigh.gif

I feel like the more I try to understand this exchange as it went down, the more horribly confused I'm going to keep getting.

The more I reread Uzay's ISO the more frustrated I get for not really being here, because the exchanges between him and Flake were so obviously Town v Mafia that I'm stunned that no one but Flake (and the Vig) really caught onto this.

I have to walk out for a bit, but here's my current lynch priority barring the Vig and the like, and I'll expand more when I come back:

Goomba
Seth/Zucker
Qvapil
ejj
TheDebil
tfios
Chemist
by Rickdaily12
Mon May 20, 2019 3:09 pm
 
Forum: Game Threads
Topic: VFM 49: SK win #rekt
Replies: 1977
Views: 48697

Re: VFM 49: Day 2

Chemist1422 wrote:
Rickdaily12 wrote:
Chemist1422 wrote:Tfios is always low-impact

Cupcake is new

Uzay posted 143 times

So I’m not sure where you’re going with this

Night Kills hitting Town so far are Dash, Flake, Eragon, and Phone. Two of the flips are PRs, and the other two were considered to be fairly strong citizens. No cross-kills. Assuming the Vig didn't shoot any of these, I'm not sure if Uzay would be enough as the solo kingpin of the Mafia to pull off all of this.

I guess I should just start ISOing him though, I guess.

Dash was a claimed cop

Also for the record Uzay nightkilled the cop N1 in VFM43 (I think) so I’m not sure why you don’t believe he could do it

I didn't know about the latter, and I still thought the other three in face of the former were good kills, but fair.
by Rickdaily12
Mon May 20, 2019 2:48 pm
 
Forum: Game Threads
Topic: VFM 49: SK win #rekt
Replies: 1977
Views: 48697

Re: VFM 49: Day 2

Chemist1422 wrote:Tfios is always low-impact

Cupcake is new

Uzay posted 143 times

So I’m not sure where you’re going with this

Night Kills hitting Town so far are Dash, Flake, Eragon, and Phone. Two of the flips are PRs, and the other two were considered to be fairly strong citizens. No cross-kills. Assuming the Vig didn't shoot any of these, I'm not sure if Uzay would be enough as the solo kingpin of the Mafia to pull off all of this.

I guess I should just start ISOing him though, I guess.
by Rickdaily12
Mon May 20, 2019 2:42 pm
 
Forum: Game Threads
Topic: VFM 49: SK win #rekt
Replies: 1977
Views: 48697

Re: VFM 49: Day 2

On the other hand, though, if tifos/Uzay/cupcake is the Mafia team, they are the laziest and least influencing Mafia that we've probably ever had on this site. And not that I can blame Uzay too much for that, since it looks like he tried everything he could to sway our opinions and run us around in circles as opposed to the other two, I just think Scum are probably better than that particular Mafia team based on the night kills so far.

It's pretty much the only reason why I can picture Chemist or his equal still being in the Mafia unless my bus theory on D2 of Mafia is wrong.
by Rickdaily12
Mon May 20, 2019 2:34 pm
 
Forum: Game Threads
Topic: VFM 49: SK win #rekt
Replies: 1977
Views: 48697

Re: VFM 49: Day 2

Biggest point of the VCA tells me that Goomba is either the biggest busser in the world, or probably not Mafia, as he was voting Cupcake every time, even before Dash cop claimed.

I would probably bet on Cupcake's wagon having a Mafia trying to deepwolf, though, because with that much notice, I can't see no one in the Mafia trying to vote to blend in, so if I kick out Goomba, I'm left looking at Tifos and Chemist.

Chemist1422 wrote:
UzayAltay wrote:
0verki11 wrote:Crimson | 8 | Qvaril, Dash2, Uzayaltay, Flake, Chemist1422, Zucker, Tfoisforevah, Rickdaily12 , ; Cupcakej2 |3 | Grumpygoomba, Ejjinami, Protozigg ; Dash2 | 1 | Eragon1329 ; Uzayaltay | 1 | Cupcakej2 ; Chemist | 1 | , Crimson97,


TBH I am thinking different than Flake here .

My Pool is
Either
1( Goomba , protoo ) , 1 ( Qva , Chem , Rick )
Or 2 ( Qva , Chem , Rick , Zucker , tfios}

About tfios , there are posts Like #3169181 or #3169935I Dont Like , so not aggreeing on tfios being lock-town with Flake .

Hey Rick do you think your bussing read on Uzay could apply to tfios as well

FFS

Yes, but I wish you didn't catch me basically saying I think you and Tifos are probably TvS for the last Mafia.
by Rickdaily12
Mon May 20, 2019 2:32 pm
 
Forum: Game Threads
Topic: VFM 49: SK win #rekt
Replies: 1977
Views: 48697

Re: VFM 49: Day 2

Vote Counts of the past two days (with alignments and timestamps)

Spoiler: EoD1 -3 (~23 Hrs)

Dash2 (2): Eragon1329, Zucker
GrumpyGoomba (1): ejjinami
Zucker (1): Crimson97
tifosforevah (1): Dash2
UzayAltay (1): cupcakeaj2
[NV: (9): Phone0lx, Rickdaily12, Chemist1422, tifosforevah, Qvapil, Flake, UzayAltay, {ProtoZigg/TheDebil}, GrumpyGoomba]

EoD1 -2 (~15 Hrs)

Dash2 (2): Eragon1329, Zucker
Zucker (2): Crimson97, {ProtoZigg/TheDebil}
cupcakeaj2 (2): Dash2, GrumpyGoomba
GrumpyGoomba (1): ejjinami
UzayAltay (1): cupcakeaj2
[NV: (7): Phone0lx, Rickdaily12, Chemist1422, tifosforevah, Qvapil, Flake, UzayAltay]

EoD1 -1 (~2 Hrs)

Crimson97 (4): Qvapil, Dash2, UzayAltay, Flake
cupcakeaj2 (3): GrumpyGoomba, ejjinami, {ProtoZigg/TheDebil}
{ProtoZigg/TheDebil} (1): Zucker
Dash2 (1): Eragon1329
Zucker (1): Crimson97,
UzayAltay (1): cupcakeaj2
[NV: (4): Phone0lx, Rickdaily12, Chemist1422, tifosforevah]

EoD1

Crimson97 (8): Qvapil, Dash2, UzayAltay, Flake, Chemist1422, Zucker, tifosforevah, Rickdaily12
cupcakeaj2 (3): GrumpyGoomba, ejjinami, {ProtoZigg/TheDebil}
Dash2 (1): Eragon1329
UzayAltay (1): cupcakeaj2
Chemist1422 (1): Crimson97
[NV (1): Phone0lx]


Spoiler: D2 (Pre-Cop reveal)

cupcakeaj2 (2): Dash2, GrumpyGoomba
GrumpyGoomba (1): Chemist1422
Chemist1422 (1): Zucker
ejjinami (1): Flake
[NV (7): UzayAltay, {ProtoZigg/TheDebil}, Qvapil, ejjinami, Rickdaily12, tifosforevah, cupcakeaj2]

D2 (Post-Cop reveal)

cupcakeaj2 (6): Dash2, GrumpyGoomba, Chemist1422, Flake, Rickdaily12, tifosforevah
Chemist1422 (1): Zucker
Flake (1): cupcakeaj2
[NV (4): UzayAltay, {ProtoZigg/TheDebil}, Qvapil, ejjinami]
by Rickdaily12
Mon May 20, 2019 2:29 pm
 
Forum: Game Threads
Topic: VFM 49: SK win #rekt
Replies: 1977
Views: 48697

Re: VFM 49: Day 2

Chemist1422 wrote: Spoiler:
UzayAltay wrote:
Chemist1422 wrote:
Chemist1422 wrote:
UzayAltay wrote:
UzayAltay wrote:
Chemist1422 wrote:
Dash2 wrote:Chemist you're seriously not helping your case

I'm trying, okay?

You're saying I faked the slip knowingly and actually slipped because I knew it would be fake, but I explained what actually happened. If you're not refuting that you can't push me based on the slip.

Wait What This is completely wrong .
If You are Okay with Flake TR ing You with your slip
But not aggreeing with Dash SR ing You with your flip
Than This is LAMIST
Which is FoS
Due You not keeping your original opinion ( Slip was NAI )
Happily take The cred from Flake
But refusing SRs
Actually This deserves A vote
But I Will Wait for your explanation

Quoting again for that being visible again

I missed this post

Dash wasn’t acknowledging my points, Flake was

See this

I answered it right here

Make sure you don't miss this post

I missed This .

The thing is It isnt What You First Said .
You Said that " If Dash want to Scumread me , he need to refute my points "
The thing is with that Logic , nobody can read sb based on sth .
How ?
Flake is townreading You based on that slip and afterward , right ?
Okay , Let's wrote , " If Flake want to TR You , they need to refute Dash's point/ points which Show You may be scum . "

If You Gave A reaction Like " Dash , If You aren't listening me and my points , You are just tunneling without thinking I am town , and your scumread is just baseless " , Okay , but This reaction is just Scummy IMO .

This quote chain

Okay, Chemist, I'll grant you that scum theaters often don't involve a mafia member missing one of the posts of another person.

The only thing bothering me about clearing you of Mafia completely, though, is that I know how much Uzay likes to bus his Mafia team, and he didn't do that with cupcake at all.
by Rickdaily12
Mon May 20, 2019 2:16 pm
 
Forum: Game Threads
Topic: VFM 49: SK win #rekt
Replies: 1977
Views: 48697

Re: VFM 49: Day 2

Chemist1422 wrote:If anyone thinks I’m mafia I’d like to direct them to Uzay’s ISO

Working on that after I VCA, the Mafia read is primarily the VCA portion so far, to be fair. My SK read is stronger. (I know, I'm agreeing with Zucker and it's fucking horrifying <_<)

Qvapil wrote:
Rickdaily12 wrote:
Chemist1422 wrote:No one is going to push me because I'm town and everyone can see it

And the bolded is just rude

For the record, Chemist, as of right now, and just putting this out there:

If you don't claim Vig today, you're probably one of my highest Mafia/SK reads on both sides.


Maf I can understand due to their stance on crimson, but why SK? I think they were too "out there" EOD1 to be SK.

Oof what you said about having a not maf+not sk read is harder than it seems.

No, Chemist generally isn't afraid to put himself out there as any alignment. What I said closer to Day 1 about constantly comparing people to meta and interrogating others on that basis has really declined from my viewpoint of Chemist since Day 1. His votes were questionable, the exchange about the slip with Flake was still gross, and I've just expected more from him.

From my briefer ISOs of Uzay and Cupcake, I also think the Mafia have a strong player on their team, and Chemist is one of the first people who come to mind. Uzay is good too, don't get me wrong, but I don't expect him to coach people as often as Chemist.
by Rickdaily12
Mon May 20, 2019 2:13 pm
 
Forum: Game Threads
Topic: VFM 49: SK win #rekt
Replies: 1977
Views: 48697

Re: VFM 49: Day 2

Chemist1422 wrote:No one is going to push me because I'm town and everyone can see it

And the bolded is just rude

For the record, Chemist, as of right now, and just putting this out there:

If you don't claim Vig today, you're probably one of my highest Mafia/SK reads on both sides.
by Rickdaily12
Mon May 20, 2019 2:03 pm
 
Forum: Game Threads
Topic: VFM 49: SK win #rekt
Replies: 1977
Views: 48697

Re: VFM 49: Day 2

Qvapil wrote:Seth if you're sure on both mafia and SK, isn't it more beneficial to lynch the SK and shoot the maf at night? Though I don't think it matters so much.

Not when you're trying to target lynch. If Vig announces who they shoot tonight, and they live, we know that an SK with town immunity got hit last night.

This is why we should really give zero shits about which scum we lynch today and yet another reason why Vig should be claiming today.
by Rickdaily12
Mon May 20, 2019 2:01 pm
 
Forum: Game Threads
Topic: VFM 49: SK win #rekt
Replies: 1977
Views: 48697

Re: VFM 49: Day 2

I suppose I can wait for an alternate suggestion if it can come soon, but we need every hour we can get at this point.
by Rickdaily12
Mon May 20, 2019 1:43 pm
 
Forum: Game Threads
Topic: VFM 49: SK win #rekt
Replies: 1977
Views: 48697

Re: VFM 49: Day 2

Ok, my computer is up again, so I'll return to trying to summarize my ruined VCA with intense saltiness. While I do that, I just want to remind everyone, since our priorities seem to be a bit questionable at best here.

We are down to two Scum with the same power as each other but with different alignments. IF your argument for Town reading someone is because you don't view them as one of the alignments, this is no longer a good enough reason, especially now that we are in MyLo.

Not being Mafia OR not being SK is not good enough anymore. You need to find reasons for both at this point, as both lynches are just as important as each other for now. I'm going to try to use the dead flips to at least help us sort out the last Mafia, but while I'm doing that, remember that this isn't just about Mafia hunting anymore. IIRC just from loosely reading earlier I thought I saw people referring to their strongest Town read as simply being not one of the scum alignments without ruliing out both. We can't be doing that anymore. We need to find our best suspects who have a good chance at being both, and we need to help the Vig do this as well.

Alright, I'm going to be walling for a bit now.

ejjinami wrote:sigh
we're not in mylo if the vig doesn't shoot.
I think I might have found the right way to play here, but I have to think about it a bit more and I don't have time to write it now anyway ):
please, don't claim yet.

This is really not a good idea, ejj. Vig shouldn't be holstering this late in the game, especially if we mislynch, if it's so likely at this point that they die in the process. There's a lot of go off of for other people as well in this stage of the game.

Even if we do correctly lynch today, they can help narrow down PoE in case they do die, and this also solves problems 1 and 2 if people waste time scum reading the Vig. Vig should absolutely be claiming today and they should help us try to solve the game as best they can, and we need them to out in order to do this. We cannot waste any time doubting what a confirmed Town member says today.
by Rickdaily12
Mon May 20, 2019 1:40 pm
 
Forum: Game Threads
Topic: VFM 49: SK win #rekt
Replies: 1977
Views: 48697

Re: VFM 49: Day 2

Chemist1422 wrote:It's not effectively MyLo

It's 6v1v1, so a mislynch+mis-shot is LyLo

Chemist, any Scum kill is a -1 to kill power. At least one, possibly two of the Scum could be weak to the Vig attack. Vig always shoots here.

Mislynches + all three KP missing scum = lost MyLo, so yes, for all intents of purposes, this IS MyLo, and Vig should claim.
by Rickdaily12
Mon May 20, 2019 1:30 pm
 
Forum: Game Threads
Topic: VFM 49: SK win #rekt
Replies: 1977
Views: 48697

Re: VFM 49: Day 2

Ok, so here's my approach to today.

When my computer stops being a nazi, I'm going to try to do another indepth analysis of VCA again. Hopefully in that time I can stop being absolutely enraged in the process.

After that, I'm going to update my reads.

In the meantime, I have a suggestion.

As it is currently effectively MyLo, the Vig should claim today. I know a lot of people have already argued against this so far, and I don't know if you did it for shortsighted reasons or if you don't understand the consequences of this, but the claim needs to happen now. Reasons why:

1. If people keep being themselves and searching for two scum who cannot associate with each other from now on, if someone's strongest SR 24 hours from now is the Vig, they have wasted the entire day for nothing and you now force that person to guess within their remaining PoE with weaker accuracy.

2. Building on the above, everyone's PoE becomes stronger with one less suspect on the list, as we'll have more time to look over everyone else between now and EoD.

3. The Vig has a high likihood of dying after tonight if we mislynch regardless. Outting the Vig also increasing the chances of Scum targetting the same player (we WIFOM mafia and SK into hitting the same target if they try to gamble on whether to be the one to kill the vig or not)

Basically I see every reason for the vig to out and virtually zero reasons not to. With the amount of killing power in the game, it just really doesn't matter at this point. Vigs should claim in every MyLo anyway, it's pretty much straight forward meta.

Let's not waste any time today.

If anyone has any questions that I'm not about to spend time answering anyway, please bump them and I'll get back to them later at some point, but I'm going to start with the flips.
by Rickdaily12
Mon May 20, 2019 1:23 pm
 
Forum: Game Threads
Topic: VFM 49: SK win #rekt
Replies: 1977
Views: 48697

Re: VFM 49: Day 2

I'm fucking mad

Windows 10 just hijacked my computer to do updates without my content and just completely destroyed 2+ hours of VCA

I do not fucking need this right now
by Rickdaily12
Mon May 20, 2019 1:15 pm
 
Forum: Game Threads
Topic: VFM 49: SK win #rekt
Replies: 1977
Views: 48697

Re: VFM 49: Day 2

I was completely wrong about this weekend getting any easier on me. It's not going to. I'm really sorry, guys.

/vote cupcake

It's basically hell from now until Monday. I'll try to pop on when I can between work and family, and if I can't commit, I might have to replace out.

Right now, assuming Dash is actually Cop (because I have every reason to believe this and no reason not to), three more scum remain. I still think the entry between Flake and Chemist was odd and didn't look like TvT to me when I first looked at it.

My strongest Town reads after Dash are probably Qvapil and Ejj. Goomba has also improved just on quick skimming. Zucker is Town or dies fairly soon if he isn't based on EoD yesterday. Everyone else is null or worse or could be Town but has something questionable in my mind right now.

I didn't want to end the day without my vote or without at least giving my take on the very general of it all. If I have time before EoD I'll try expanding on this some more.
by Rickdaily12
Sat May 18, 2019 4:52 am
 
Forum: Game Threads
Topic: VFM 49: SK win #rekt
Replies: 1977
Views: 48697

Re: VFM 49: Day 1

I literally almost fell asleep making that post, so I'll be back after work tomorrow.

Good night, guys.
by Rickdaily12
Fri May 17, 2019 5:00 am
 
Forum: Game Threads
Topic: VFM 49: SK win #rekt
Replies: 1977
Views: 48697

Re: VFM 49: Day 1

@Flake
Spoiler:
Flake wrote:
Rickdaily12 wrote:discussion here is straight up lamist
zero points speculating this without kill credits and with the switches to consider

It's not lamist, it's just me making points from my PoV, is that not acceptable??

And why would I consider switches here, I literally didn't need to at all, first point implies a possibility occurred so switches isn't relevant here, rest of the points are takes regarding kills for which I wouldn't need to mention switches at all

What Scum!Flake is doing here is speculating about information Town cannot possibly know to no benefit in an attempt to pass off useless analysis as Town cred. They want to get us talking about this topic so that we waste time trying to figure out what happened last night when only they have an idea of the actual night targets. It would almost be IIoA, if it weren't for the fact that we even don't know who the kills are credited to, so you can at least pretend not to know about that.

This is why what Town!Flake just did said is virtually nothing of value. You think the kills help solve the game for you, but you don't have a lynch based on the targets because you don't know who the kills were credited to. We don't know if a target was healed, if the vigilante even took a shot, or if a target was struck by two people. What do we gain from it, then?

I see why Scum!Flake brings it up, but not why Town!Flake bothers. So yeah, it looks LAMIST to me.

Flake wrote:
Rickdaily12 wrote:
Flake wrote:
Rickdaily12 wrote:while also pretending to not know that ejj and i are close friends when we openly pair together on threads where i play
is actually pissing me off

show me evidence

if you dont know this
you have zero fucking business meta reading me and speculating what conversations ejj and i shouldnt be having
on this you can straight up piss off

Uh

am I missing something or am i literally being vilified for speculating something that is potentially helpful to the game?

sorry if you're offended by that but i literally don't understand why you would be


I would almost understand and could be a bit less frustrated if you weren't outright imposing into the nature of our friendship here. It was the fact that you were all like "what the actual fuck, Rick and Ejj don't know each other, this interaction can only be MxM because this is atypical behavior from Rick toward a person he hasn't played with". If you know me well enough to meta read me, you have should have some kind of semblance as to who I'm familiar enough with to have some kind of relationship out of the game with without brashly launching into something like this. This is my first game with Ejj, but a lot of people here know that she and I have history and are close. Chemist should know this too, though I can understand why you wouldn't.

Because you don't know that she and I are close friends, I don't expect you to understand that she literally scum reads me from the outside of every game we play, usually for the reason that she feels we approach the game differently and she doesn't know how to properly think about me due to approach.

But the fact that you tried to reconstruct how you thought our relationship ought to have been and used this as a means to argue that this was pointless mafia theater doesn't sit well with me at all, for the fact that you don't have any place to discuss this topic in any way. I don't know you, but I do know her, and I don't expect to have to explain my friendship with her when people like you try to drag it into the game itself, seeing as it's utterly ridiculous and completely out of line coming from you.

Flake wrote:
Rickdaily12 wrote:
Flake wrote:
Rickdaily12 wrote:no
nuh uh
your "slip" exchange with flake felt forced and fake as fuck

if you think the slip exchange is fake you are stupid

scum never orchestrates something as intricate as that

because mafia never do a scum theater
right

They do

But you're missing my point entirely

If you'd somewhat analysed what went down you would know that it is too intricate to ever be faked by literally anyone on this site

Flake, I'm sorry, but no. There are pairings of Mafia teams that would certainly not be able to pull some kind of "slip" tactic in the thread on the fly, certainly, but if your argument is that you and Chemist don't have the skill set to pull this off, don't even bother. You don't qualify for this premise.

You and Chemist are two skilled players who I think wouldn't be afraid to attempt something like this if you put yourselves up to it. If your argument is that "it's too difficult to fake" and that "it's too genuine for people at our skill level", it's never going to fly with me, and I don't care how hard you try to dispute this, you're not going to convince me when I know that you and Chemist are smart enough to make something like this work.

Is my take wrong on this? Possibly. But if your argument revolves around difficulty and skill level between you and Chemist, then it's a pretty shitty argument.

Adding this, since it's relevant:

Flake wrote:To people who think mine and chemist's interaction is orchestrated

In what world does Mafia come up with

"hey chem, you make a fake slip by including someone who dies you out on it, i'll deepwolf and call you outed scum because i'll say i think you make the slip on someone specifically rather than you knowing the possibility that it could be a slip but not being bothered to remove the slip after the flip of the someone who dies, but then i'll realise it's actually you just knowing the possibility it could be a slip pre-flip and do a completee 180 on you"

like can you all use your brains for a bit

NO ONE ORCHESTRATES THIS AS MAFIA EVER

NO ONE COMES UP WITH THAT PLAN

How about, the same world where Mafia!Chemist says this:

Chemist1422 wrote:Cool are we just gonna have everyone townslip


Everyone this game so far has literally spent the entire time talking about how this person or that person derped themselves into being called lock town so far. If I were Mafia in this game and I saw everyone narrowing down their PoE lists because of it, then yeah, I can see myself trying to fabricate something like this, and I can totally see other people doing it as Mafia too. This kind of scum theater would also serve a hell of a lot of purpose under the circumstances too. I don't see it going exactly the way you quoted it in the above (not unless you're the biggest troll literally ever and this is exactly how it went), but I can see it getting suggested no problem at all.

Flake, seriously, like how exactly do you plan on expecting us to believe that you wouldn't pull this off as scum because you don't have the skill for it?


Qvapil wrote:I don't like that Rick doesn't think there's merit in analysing the night kills. I'd quote the post but it's huge. Rick during D1 you were eager to discuss possibilities where we find SK early, even though it was far-fetched. I thought your attempt to gauge the towniness of our responses was very town-motivated, because as Flake told me yesterday, having a solid town pool is very important for narrowing down poe. Why discredit Flake's attempt to explain the night kills? I'd think trying to solve them helps us with the game, and scum might even slip while discussing them.

See my response to Flake, but I'll differ in this way:

There is a solid difference between asking everyone what they think our approach to solving a complicated setup when everyone in the game has little or no experience with it, from speculating over information that we do not have. My question dealt with strategy for dealing with a unique game concept and setup that everyone has little/no experience with. Ways of getting everyone on the same page about how to think about strategy and future risks we might have to take as a result. If this were a typical Mafia game, everyone here would have experience or some kind of knowledge about the endgame. No one had that here.

Flake's post was about speculating reasons for why people were killed and who did it. It's common for scum to do in order for pass off as Town, because only they know why people are killed and who killed who and it doesn't actually tell us much when we have no way to tell apart a Vigilante kill from the rest of the Scum. His analysis only said that he can PoE a bit better now, but doesn't actually argue who (players, not the roles) the information implicates.

Our goals here weren't the same either. I was trying to help myself and others better understand how this game shapes out over time, while asking everyone else to give their thoughts to see who sounded the most like genuine and honest Town. I even had to bump the post just to get people to care about it. If no one bothered to remark about Flake's post at all, I don't think he would have cared at all, so I don't think Flake was trying to provoke any slips with this, Town, Scum, or what have you.
by Rickdaily12
Fri May 17, 2019 4:58 am
 
Forum: Game Threads
Topic: VFM 49: SK win #rekt
Replies: 1977
Views: 48697

Re: VFM 49: Day 1

Ugh I'm so tired. I work earlier tomorrow too, so I'll post some catchup, but I'm not going to be on for too long tonight.
by Rickdaily12
Fri May 17, 2019 3:39 am
 
Forum: Game Threads
Topic: VFM 49: SK win #rekt
Replies: 1977
Views: 48697
Next

Return to: VFM 49: SK win #rekt