Search found 49 matches

Return to: VFM70 | Manatees (pt. 2) | Game Over

Re: VFM70 | Manatees (pt. 2) | Night 4

ZoruaLuhansk wrote:signatures disabled gang gang

don't wanna brag but this works fine in a post too
by lemonader666
Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:54 pm
 
Forum: Game Threads
Topic: VFM70 | Manatees (pt. 2) | Game Over
Replies: 2054
Views: 19848

Re: VFM70 | Manatees (pt. 2) | Night 4

Hellosither wrote:
lemonader666 wrote:Is manatee gone?
cob709 wrote:YAY WE WON

Hope you learned something good

wtf is wrong with ur sig

stop

I'm praying to god
by lemonader666
Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:04 am
 
Forum: Game Threads
Topic: VFM70 | Manatees (pt. 2) | Game Over
Replies: 2054
Views: 19848

Re: VFM70 | Manatees (pt. 2) | Night 4

Is manatee gone?
cob709 wrote:YAY WE WON

Hope you learned something good
by lemonader666
Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:10 pm
 
Forum: Game Threads
Topic: VFM70 | Manatees (pt. 2) | Game Over
Replies: 2054
Views: 19848

Re: VFM70 | Manatees (pt. 2) | Night 4

Chemist1422 wrote:setup was way townsided but I definitely carried

Yeah mafia was fucked from the start with there being 4 PRs
by lemonader666
Sun Jul 12, 2020 5:52 pm
 
Forum: Game Threads
Topic: VFM70 | Manatees (pt. 2) | Game Over
Replies: 2054
Views: 19848

Re: VFM70 | Manatees (pt. 2) | Night 4

F
by lemonader666
Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:14 am
 
Forum: Game Threads
Topic: VFM70 | Manatees (pt. 2) | Game Over
Replies: 2054
Views: 19848

Re: VFM70 | Manatees (pt. 2) | Day 2

(fyi I replaced out like 7 hours ago manatee's internet just sucks currently i think)
by lemonader666
Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:03 pm
 
Forum: Game Threads
Topic: VFM70 | Manatees (pt. 2) | Game Over
Replies: 2054
Views: 19848

Re: VFM70 | Manatees (pt. 2) | Day 2

Sorry for the general thread inactivity, i don't know what's up with me this game. Everything just feels so...slow to process...
I don't know if this benefits town or scum more, so I'll take a look at the scenarios in a moment.
Readlist coming soon + I can guarantee to be at EoD this time as I need to be on for something else too.
by lemonader666
Thu Jul 02, 2020 6:05 am
 
Forum: Game Threads
Topic: VFM70 | Manatees (pt. 2) | Game Over
Replies: 2054
Views: 19848

Re: Daystart

It's neApolitan, not neOpolitan, for gods sake people
https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Neapolitan
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neapolitan
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neapolitan_ice_cream
https://rwby.fandom.com/wiki/Neopolitan
--------
Crimson's new avatar made me thought Diru just came back to life and replaced in the game out of nowhere
kosmo16 wrote:Sounds like Uzay's kill.

Can you fill me in? The majority of uzay's posts haven't been getting through my thick skull.
Jabichuelas wrote:Hold on, this is not right at all

Are we just gonna ignore the fact that Wabbit flipped town and immediately start hypoclaiming?
He strongly disagreed to it, are we not going to talk about how his death feels too convenient for you and your plans, or about how much of a threat he could have been to the mafia while we're at it?

and imo, Sparking doesn't feel too bothered about it
3cheers' sudden vote also seemed too unexpected to me, didn't bring that up during the end of D1 because during then I thought maybe she was just convinced about Wabbit being the right vote but after reading the entire thread again it bugs me off
(assume I read the entire thread once in a day before beginning to post)

After seeing wabbit being mislynched I considered something like this to happen, and I'm bringing this up because it happened.

Mindmeld
SparkingJayYT wrote:Gut feeling both wagons at EoD were TvT

"v" implies both wagons were opposing eachother, while in reality half the thread just got complacent and half the thread was like "I don't like either wagons, but I can't be arsed to create a new one".
Crimson97 wrote:
polypies73 wrote:
ScarredSamurai wrote:/vote Polypies73

Time to finish this that EoD was blatant. I'm mad I forgot about it.


ok so i will be playing today, and if i stop playing then you can hound me to play.

first of all I'll say be prepared to stop tunnelling me. For a start, your case on me is pretty level 1, meaning it's really something to respond to, plus I know you can find actual "scummy" things if you wanted a case.

secondly, we are talking about that wabbit cfd. I will be honest in saying that i sort of "knew" I would be cfd'd cause hey that's what we do, and secondly, we're basically never right on our first choice of a lynch that survives as a wagon the whole day (and you're still not right).

thirdly, i swear if i see people hypoclaiming, when it's clearly not good a play reiterated by a man who just flipped green who although sometimes, INtEReStInG, knows what they are talking about, if you don't want to believe me.

Do you think there's scum within Kosmo/Sparking?

I'm a bit slow on putting things together rn, what's the connection between them?
brb gotta take a break my ass is still lazy
by lemonader666
Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:22 am
 
Forum: Game Threads
Topic: VFM70 | Manatees (pt. 2) | Game Over
Replies: 2054
Views: 19848

Re: VFM70 | Manatees (pt. 2) | Day 1

TheWabbit wrote:
ScarredSamurai wrote:
UzayAltay wrote:
TheWabbit wrote:
UzayAltay wrote:
TheWabbit wrote:What makes hypoclaiming a good strategy for this setup?

We start with 4 PRs , e.g. 4 Roles that If Mafia cant kill , they'll eithers confirm self or Mafia needs to cc.
Visitors are A bit More compliated Because Mafia claiming there gives 2/1 odds but still , It's unpreferable for Mafia .
The point of hypos are , A citcheck of Neo is locktown.
So even If Mafia manages to kill Neo somehow, that conftowns can hurt them hard.

An example situation to Show that :

D1 citlynch n1 visitorkill d2 citlynch n2 jkkill d3 citlynch n3 neokill -> 4v3 with 2 confcit and 1 visitor.

Cool.

We're not hypoclaiming then.

Why???
Look, I chose an example situation that's bad for us ( Mafia kill PR Each night, cit is lynched every day) but still, end is 33% mechanichal WR.


Wabbit SR's you. He will not follow your hypoclaim strat assuming you are scum and it will benefit the scum faction.


I'm not following any hypoclaim plans solely because it's doomed to fail with this playerlist.
It only works for those that actually utilize information obtained from flips to help further Town's goals

that and there's a scum strat to counter hypoclaiming and SHC completely in this setup that i won't explain in cases everyone still thinks that hypoclaiming for SHC is a good idea

SparkingJayYT wrote:Wabbit please don't hurt me

Also ngl I'm happy with Dota nightkill, they were a weird slot.

Doing stuff later

SparkingJayYT wrote:hypoing nea

Lemon - Not cit.

by lemonader666
Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:24 am
 
Forum: Game Threads
Topic: VFM70 | Manatees (pt. 2) | Game Over
Replies: 2054
Views: 19848

Re: VFM70 | Manatees (pt. 2) | Day 2

WHY THE HELL ARE YOU PEOPLE HYPOCLAIMING
by lemonader666
Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:15 am
 
Forum: Game Threads
Topic: VFM70 | Manatees (pt. 2) | Game Over
Replies: 2054
Views: 19848

Re: VFM70 | Manatees (pt. 2) | Day 1

til EoD
Spoiler:
lemonader666 wrote:
TheWabbit wrote:
Jabichuelas wrote:OH
he voted using three cheer emojis
wow it all makes sense now

Obscure the vote. Perfect.

déjà vu
/vote TheWabbit

I'm really conflicted on this decision, wabbit wasn't my top choice at the time(well tbf I wasn't confident on any of my scumreads since they were weak), and the wagon progression was quite odd, but I didn't quite mind having his alignment confirmed, blah blah blah I should stop whining
Hellosither wrote:
lemonader666 wrote:
Hellosither wrote:
lemonader666 wrote:
TheWabbit wrote:@lemon

too bad you're not getting anything like my XX7 play ever again
unless of course i get tired of mafia and get overly cranky
-----
how strong is your wolfread on hellosither?

The post where I said he was lockscum wasn't completely serious but I generally disliked how he was just deliberately trying to achieve nothing from his interactions, I guess cob is in a similar light but he seems more clueless than anything.

there are plenty of posts I have where I am trying to achieve something by interacting. just because I wasn’t when I jokingly said ‘im mafia’ doesn’t mean you should disregard the rest of my posts. you can mafia read most or maybe all of the players in this game with that logic, including you :P

I wasn't referring to every single one of your posts, I just found the overdone gig not towny.

I’m aware, and that’s what i find inaccurate in what you are saying. almost everyone has a post or few that aren’t trying to achieve anything, so why is mine in particular scum indicative?

UzayAltay wrote:https://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/search.php?t=108842&author=3cheersforidiots

That is 3cheers' Last scum Game.

search.php?f=17&t=108553&author=3cheersforidiots

That is Last town Game of them.

First Let me explain "The list."
I realized that in their scum Game , they avoid making exclamation marks, or showing emotion , to their mafbuddies.
(Speaking things Like oh, Bruh, ???, or similar.)

About Why I think they are scum , it is A Meta read as You probably guessed So far. At their town Game , they ISO people after their catchup at their town Game.
For example: #3444689
#3443763
At their scum Game , it Dont felt that way. It felt they catch-up, and Than Look around for posts to comment.
At that game, it is clearly The latter one. They seems as catch-up, state their opinion on posts, and Than? Do Nothing.

/vote 3cheers

Why are you using metareads as a main driving force behind your case? What about their actual posts then?
Jabichuelas wrote:so dota and wabbit have to be v/v from this...?

uzay, no offense but no one knows what you're doing

and poly
idk about poly he's not caring enough about anything

it's just d1 what even is this

I don't think it was particulary alignment indicative, seeing as it's a meta topic
SparkingJayYT wrote:Dota pulling the peacemaker card as a reason for not making content recently sounds like a terrible excuse that I don't expect wolves to think would work.
/vote unvote

I agree, but excuses don't have to be good here in order for them to work.
3cheersforidiots wrote:dota next
- supports hypoing
- immediately after, gets into an argument with Uzay and backs out 2 posts later
((((unvotes when he didn't even vote before))))
- has consistent townreads for the most part, but has no scumreads whatsoever
- overall tone is very dota-ey
Now, I certainly get the feeling that dota is absent-minded in this thread and that he doesn't pay attention. Perhaps as a consequence, his posts are generally scummy in nature. My thought process here is that since he's absent-minded, he doesn't pay attention much to controlling his posts or his content, and in this case, I think this more likely has led to his scumminess being exposed, as opposed to him seeming off despite being town because of how different he acts in this game.
I'm not sure if I phrased this well, but I hope y'all get the idea.

wouldn't that inadvertently make him more towny, since, ya know, townies would be more likely to be reckless?
Hellosither wrote:my gut tells me that a polypies lynch is not a good idea.

Crud, my post on poly being safe jinxed it. I don't really understand why people started piling on him, I guess he's just naturally scummy and was basically a filler lynch to get him out of the way? Perhaps the reason I tr him while others don't is because I can relate with his situation while others can't?
3cheersforidiots wrote:
UzayAltay wrote:
3cheersforidiots wrote:
Hellosither wrote:
Hellosither wrote:my gut tells me that a polypies lynch is not a good idea.

mainly what i mean by this is that i think the progression today has not been in favor of polypies - i think they've remained a likely lynch candidate for almost all of day 1 and i dont think mafia would be ok with allowing that. i think they would make polypies change their behavior.

okay, you're correct in that there is not much resistance to the poly wagon, unlike there is to the Wabbit wagon
/vote Wabbit
see where this goes
also I'm not 100% here bc I'm playing Drawful with friends but I'll try to read the thread

They had Same amount of votes.

yes, but while no one really contested the piling of votes on poly, there were some people going up against Wabbit as soon as started to take off

Not a fair point tbh since it was wabbit specifically
Jabichuelas wrote:i mean wabbit is going anyway, it seems

SparkingJayYT wrote:I have nothing to say

Hellosither wrote:...

i don't want either to be lynched...

this sucks.

...not w/w between all 3 of them?
by lemonader666
Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:13 am
 
Forum: Game Threads
Topic: VFM70 | Manatees (pt. 2) | Game Over
Replies: 2054
Views: 19848

Re: VFM70 | Manatees (pt. 2) | Day 2

hey, just wanna say sorry for not showing up to EoD like I promised(I overslept) and sorry for not posting today, I kinda lost my wim for the whole day but i promise i'll resolve things tomorow
prodge
by lemonader666
Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:50 am
 
Forum: Game Threads
Topic: VFM70 | Manatees (pt. 2) | Game Over
Replies: 2054
Views: 19848

Re: VFM70 | Manatees (pt. 2) | Day 1

I'm frozen scum and also tired
Uhhh
It seems with the trend of the meta poly is safe for today
I guess when town inevitably CFDs I'd be against 3cheers and cob but I haven't examiined the thread thoroughly
See y'all at EoD
by lemonader666
Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:24 am
 
Forum: Game Threads
Topic: VFM70 | Manatees (pt. 2) | Game Over
Replies: 2054
Views: 19848

Re: VFM70 | Manatees (pt. 2) | Day 1

Hellosither wrote:
lemonader666 wrote:
TheWabbit wrote:@lemon

too bad you're not getting anything like my XX7 play ever again
unless of course i get tired of mafia and get overly cranky
-----
how strong is your wolfread on hellosither?

The post where I said he was lockscum wasn't completely serious but I generally disliked how he was just deliberately trying to achieve nothing from his interactions, I guess cob is in a similar light but he seems more clueless than anything.

there are plenty of posts I have where I am trying to achieve something by interacting. just because I wasn’t when I jokingly said ‘im mafia’ doesn’t mean you should disregard the rest of my posts. you can mafia read most or maybe all of the players in this game with that logic, including you :P

I wasn't referring to every single one of your posts, I just found the overdone gig not towny.
by lemonader666
Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:07 am
 
Forum: Game Threads
Topic: VFM70 | Manatees (pt. 2) | Game Over
Replies: 2054
Views: 19848

Re: VFM70 | Manatees (pt. 2) | Day 1

kosmo16 wrote:Yeah I forgot why I wanted Hello dead.
/vote unvote

BRUH
by lemonader666
Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:53 am
 
Forum: Game Threads
Topic: VFM70 | Manatees (pt. 2) | Game Over
Replies: 2054
Views: 19848

Re: VFM70 | Manatees (pt. 2) | Day 1

TheWabbit wrote:@lemon

too bad you're not getting anything like my XX7 play ever again
unless of course i get tired of mafia and get overly cranky
-----
how strong is your wolfread on hellosither?

The post where I said he was lockscum wasn't completely serious but I generally disliked how he was just deliberately trying to achieve nothing from his interactions, I guess cob is in a similar light but he seems more clueless than anything.
by lemonader666
Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:51 am
 
Forum: Game Threads
Topic: VFM70 | Manatees (pt. 2) | Game Over
Replies: 2054
Views: 19848

Re: VFM70 | Manatees (pt. 2) | Day 1

Oh god I don't have enough time for this
by lemonader666
Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:42 am
 
Forum: Game Threads
Topic: VFM70 | Manatees (pt. 2) | Game Over
Replies: 2054
Views: 19848

Re: VFM70 | Manatees (pt. 2) | Day 1

TheWabbit wrote:
lemonader666 wrote: Spoiler:
TheWabbit wrote:
cob709 wrote:I think either poly, scarred, or hello is scum.
It's really easy to create a list D1 and point fingers, especially at me.
You're pretty much moving attention towards a specific group of people to poe, hoping everyone else agrees with you.

Introduction and Mechanics


First of all, welcome to NFM. Some of you have already played before, while others are brand new, so I'll try to keep this simple.
Forum Mafia, or FM in short, is a game about deception between the two main factions: The uninformed majority (town) and the informed minority (mafia) duking it out. Logic, mind games, etc. are all part and usual of mafia.

Town and Mafia both have pretty straight-forward win conditions: eliminate the opposite team. While the mafia has the opportunity to kill periodically, the town cannot rely on their own killing roles to win the game - for that, they must vote to kill a player by "lynch".

The game is divided in two phases: the Day, and the Night.

  • Day is when the players post on the game thread, discussing about what happened during the night, other players and who should be voted for the lynch. The days last 120 hours (5 real-life days) and lynches are allowed, these which will occur after the majority has been reached. To vote, just post "/vote PlayerNameExample". When a player reaches majority, they are automatically lynched, there is no trial phase. When a player is lynched, they are immediately removed from the game, with their role being shown to the public.
  • The latter is a 48-hour period where any player who has a night action may use it. **During this phase the Mafia privately talks on their mafia chat. After the 48 hours are over, all actions are carried out, and the personal results of this phase shall be privately messaged (PM'd) to each player.

**There are no whispers present in this game.
**There are no last wills or death notes in this game.
**Jailor may not roll in this set-up.


The game will only end once one of the major factions fulfills their condition.

PM Protocols
When sending the host the information below, make sure one of the following is in the subject line:
For sending me Night actions or whatever, include "NFM61" in the subject line, it would also help if you included "Night Action" for your actions

Mafia Killing Revamp is in play: Meaning - Any member of the Mafia may sacrifice their night action to make the factional kill at night.
------

Terminology

General terms:
Role Card: The PM which contains the player's role, alignment and abilities.
Hard Claim: Directly stating one's own role on the game thread.
Soft Claim: Hinting one's role without explicity stating it. For instance, saying "there are alot of people that are more important than me" may imply that you are softclaiming citizen. Make sure you have a plan in mind before attempting this.
Counter Claim (CC): Making a claim which directly contradicts someone else's. E.g Player A hardclaims Citizen, but Player B is a Lookout who saw them visiting, so they hardclaim and bring up their evidence.
Fake Claim: Claiming a role which is not their own's. E.g When a mafia member is demanded to hardclaim, they almost always fakeclaim instead.
Scum/Scummy: Scum is the name given to any role which doesn't win with town, and needs to be eliminated for town's win condition. Being scummy means adopting a behaviour which doesn't line up with the behaviour expected from a town member.
Confirmed: Being 100% confirmed as a certain [role]/[alignment].
No Lynch: Instead of voting for a player, you may also "/vote No Lynch". If majority reaches on a No Lynch, no player is killed. A No Lynch will also occur when the amount of time for the Day phase is over and majority hasn't been reached. No Lynching is, the majority of the time, benefitial to scum, so aiming towards it is generally scummy.
Reads/Reading: The read you have on a player is the conclusion about their alignment and/or role through their posts or other factors. If player X posts things that look like their a mafia member, you have a scumread on them!
WIFOM: WIFOM is the circular reasoning that results from trying to determine the choices of an opponent who acted with full knowledge that their behavior would be subject to scrutiny. For instance, if you think player Y wouldn't kill Z because Z townreads Y, but then realize that may well be a reason that Y would kill Z: to make people think Y isn't a mafia member, you've stumbled on WIFOM. Tread lightly.
Mislynch: An incorrect lynch on a town member.
Tunneling: Solely focusing on a player and their posts, ignoring others. Often considered scummy.
Game Throwing: Playing against your win condition with the intent of making your own faction lose. Extremely subjective term not to be taken lightly.


Slightly more uncommon terms:
FoS - Finger of Suspicion. Putting the Finger of Suspicion onto a player means that one is calling that player scummy and saying that other players should keep an eye on that player. [Alt. Hand of Suspicion (HoS)]
LyLo - Lynch or Lose. A stage in the game where town must lynch scum or they lose. See also: MyLo.
MyLo - Mislynch and Lose. A stage in the game where if town mislynches (lynches town) and the Mafia make a kill town loses.
PoE - Process of Elimination.
OMGUS - "oh my god you suck". An acronym used to describe retaliatory actions such as votes. Ex: voting a player because they voted you citing the reason "because they are stupid".
PbPA - Post by Post Analysis. Analyzing a player's posts in succession, typically associated with ISO.
ISO - Isolation. Looking at a player's total posts in a game, in succession.

For a more complete list, feel free to look here.

------

Playing as Town

While Mafia can talk strategy during the night, the town needs to use the day phase to discuss and figure out who is and isn't town as well. What can you do, then?
Try to look for posts that feel scummy, ask and answer questions other players have made, try to see which intentions a player has behind their posts, be active and post what you think of other players regularly. Avoid plays which could benefit scum instead (e.g Hardclaiming for no reason, fakeclaiming), and try your best to think for yourself - it's a common mistake to follow blindly whatever other players have to say.
Townies have no reason to lie and should never do it, in NFM. Spotting a lie can be almost as sure as spotting a mafia itself.

And be sure to read ObiWan's guide about playing as Citizen.

Playing as Mafia

As scum, you should play exactly like you would as town - be active, post reads, try to look productive, etc. The difference here are your goals: Hiding information, misleading the town and stalling out long enough until they no longer outnumber you. This means appearing as scum-hunting, but in actuality pushing for a mislynch by questioning, false reading and trying to depict a player as scum. However, keep in mind that if a teammate is acting undeniably scummy and their lynch looks like the right call, try not to oppose it too obviously - or it could be tracked back to you.
And remember: you are a team, and thus communication is essential. Try to talk over every situation so you can plan in advance.

FM Academy has further guidance to playing scum.

Golden Rules:
Don't claim Neutral.
Don't be inactive.
Remember what your goals are at all times.
Don't panic if you commit a mistake, but try to work your way around it.
Have fun. It's a game, after all.

totally didn't make this post to get the image

Nice shade, this really enforces my point.

Image

seriously I did all of that just for a mere UNORIGINAL image?
by lemonader666
Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:52 am
 
Forum: Game Threads
Topic: VFM70 | Manatees (pt. 2) | Game Over
Replies: 2054
Views: 19848

Re: VFM70 | Manatees (pt. 2) | Day 1

Spoiler:
TheWabbit wrote:
cob709 wrote:I think either poly, scarred, or hello is scum.
It's really easy to create a list D1 and point fingers, especially at me.
You're pretty much moving attention towards a specific group of people to poe, hoping everyone else agrees with you.

Introduction and Mechanics


First of all, welcome to NFM. Some of you have already played before, while others are brand new, so I'll try to keep this simple.
Forum Mafia, or FM in short, is a game about deception between the two main factions: The uninformed majority (town) and the informed minority (mafia) duking it out. Logic, mind games, etc. are all part and usual of mafia.

Town and Mafia both have pretty straight-forward win conditions: eliminate the opposite team. While the mafia has the opportunity to kill periodically, the town cannot rely on their own killing roles to win the game - for that, they must vote to kill a player by "lynch".

The game is divided in two phases: the Day, and the Night.

  • Day is when the players post on the game thread, discussing about what happened during the night, other players and who should be voted for the lynch. The days last 120 hours (5 real-life days) and lynches are allowed, these which will occur after the majority has been reached. To vote, just post "/vote PlayerNameExample". When a player reaches majority, they are automatically lynched, there is no trial phase. When a player is lynched, they are immediately removed from the game, with their role being shown to the public.
  • The latter is a 48-hour period where any player who has a night action may use it. **During this phase the Mafia privately talks on their mafia chat. After the 48 hours are over, all actions are carried out, and the personal results of this phase shall be privately messaged (PM'd) to each player.

**There are no whispers present in this game.
**There are no last wills or death notes in this game.
**Jailor may not roll in this set-up.


The game will only end once one of the major factions fulfills their condition.

PM Protocols
When sending the host the information below, make sure one of the following is in the subject line:
For sending me Night actions or whatever, include "NFM61" in the subject line, it would also help if you included "Night Action" for your actions

Mafia Killing Revamp is in play: Meaning - Any member of the Mafia may sacrifice their night action to make the factional kill at night.
------

Terminology

General terms:
Role Card: The PM which contains the player's role, alignment and abilities.
Hard Claim: Directly stating one's own role on the game thread.
Soft Claim: Hinting one's role without explicity stating it. For instance, saying "there are alot of people that are more important than me" may imply that you are softclaiming citizen. Make sure you have a plan in mind before attempting this.
Counter Claim (CC): Making a claim which directly contradicts someone else's. E.g Player A hardclaims Citizen, but Player B is a Lookout who saw them visiting, so they hardclaim and bring up their evidence.
Fake Claim: Claiming a role which is not their own's. E.g When a mafia member is demanded to hardclaim, they almost always fakeclaim instead.
Scum/Scummy: Scum is the name given to any role which doesn't win with town, and needs to be eliminated for town's win condition. Being scummy means adopting a behaviour which doesn't line up with the behaviour expected from a town member.
Confirmed: Being 100% confirmed as a certain [role]/[alignment].
No Lynch: Instead of voting for a player, you may also "/vote No Lynch". If majority reaches on a No Lynch, no player is killed. A No Lynch will also occur when the amount of time for the Day phase is over and majority hasn't been reached. No Lynching is, the majority of the time, benefitial to scum, so aiming towards it is generally scummy.
Reads/Reading: The read you have on a player is the conclusion about their alignment and/or role through their posts or other factors. If player X posts things that look like their a mafia member, you have a scumread on them!
WIFOM: WIFOM is the circular reasoning that results from trying to determine the choices of an opponent who acted with full knowledge that their behavior would be subject to scrutiny. For instance, if you think player Y wouldn't kill Z because Z townreads Y, but then realize that may well be a reason that Y would kill Z: to make people think Y isn't a mafia member, you've stumbled on WIFOM. Tread lightly.
Mislynch: An incorrect lynch on a town member.
Tunneling: Solely focusing on a player and their posts, ignoring others. Often considered scummy.
Game Throwing: Playing against your win condition with the intent of making your own faction lose. Extremely subjective term not to be taken lightly.


Slightly more uncommon terms:
FoS - Finger of Suspicion. Putting the Finger of Suspicion onto a player means that one is calling that player scummy and saying that other players should keep an eye on that player. [Alt. Hand of Suspicion (HoS)]
LyLo - Lynch or Lose. A stage in the game where town must lynch scum or they lose. See also: MyLo.
MyLo - Mislynch and Lose. A stage in the game where if town mislynches (lynches town) and the Mafia make a kill town loses.
PoE - Process of Elimination.
OMGUS - "oh my god you suck". An acronym used to describe retaliatory actions such as votes. Ex: voting a player because they voted you citing the reason "because they are stupid".
PbPA - Post by Post Analysis. Analyzing a player's posts in succession, typically associated with ISO.
ISO - Isolation. Looking at a player's total posts in a game, in succession.

For a more complete list, feel free to look here.

------

Playing as Town

While Mafia can talk strategy during the night, the town needs to use the day phase to discuss and figure out who is and isn't town as well. What can you do, then?
Try to look for posts that feel scummy, ask and answer questions other players have made, try to see which intentions a player has behind their posts, be active and post what you think of other players regularly. Avoid plays which could benefit scum instead (e.g Hardclaiming for no reason, fakeclaiming), and try your best to think for yourself - it's a common mistake to follow blindly whatever other players have to say.
Townies have no reason to lie and should never do it, in NFM. Spotting a lie can be almost as sure as spotting a mafia itself.

And be sure to read ObiWan's guide about playing as Citizen.

Playing as Mafia

As scum, you should play exactly like you would as town - be active, post reads, try to look productive, etc. The difference here are your goals: Hiding information, misleading the town and stalling out long enough until they no longer outnumber you. This means appearing as scum-hunting, but in actuality pushing for a mislynch by questioning, false reading and trying to depict a player as scum. However, keep in mind that if a teammate is acting undeniably scummy and their lynch looks like the right call, try not to oppose it too obviously - or it could be tracked back to you.
And remember: you are a team, and thus communication is essential. Try to talk over every situation so you can plan in advance.

FM Academy has further guidance to playing scum.

Golden Rules:
Don't claim Neutral.
Don't be inactive.
Remember what your goals are at all times.
Don't panic if you commit a mistake, but try to work your way around it.
Have fun. It's a game, after all.

totally didn't make this post to get the image

Nice shade, this really enforces my point.
by lemonader666
Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:17 pm
 
Forum: Game Threads
Topic: VFM70 | Manatees (pt. 2) | Game Over
Replies: 2054
Views: 19848

Re: VFM70 | Manatees (pt. 2) | Day 1

SparkingJayYT wrote:
lemonader666 wrote:
SparkingJayYT wrote:Clear uncertainty of a Vigilante existing in the setup whilst acknowledging 1 KP is in game, jesus christ

Scum are more likely to pay attention to the setup to strategize thus meaning they know Vigilante can't roll.

more likely doesn't mean knowing it for certain, but you use "thus", and "know", which seems like you know it for certain.

Imagine not reading the op to know Vigilante rolled

surprise, some people actually do that
the more you know
by lemonader666
Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:54 pm
 
Forum: Game Threads
Topic: VFM70 | Manatees (pt. 2) | Game Over
Replies: 2054
Views: 19848

Re: VFM70 | Manatees (pt. 2) | Day 1

nvm I can't focus on this rn brb gonna play some paladins
by lemonader666
Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:51 pm
 
Forum: Game Threads
Topic: VFM70 | Manatees (pt. 2) | Game Over
Replies: 2054
Views: 19848

Re: VFM70 | Manatees (pt. 2) | Day 1

SparkingJayYT wrote:Clear uncertainty of a Vigilante existing in the setup whilst acknowledging 1 KP is in game, jesus christ

Scum are more likely to pay attention to the setup to strategize thus meaning they know Vigilante can't roll.

more likely doesn't mean knowing it for certain, but you use "thus", and "know", which seems like you know it for certain.
by lemonader666
Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:47 pm
 
Forum: Game Threads
Topic: VFM70 | Manatees (pt. 2) | Game Over
Replies: 2054
Views: 19848

Re: VFM70 | Manatees (pt. 2) | Day 1

SparkingJayYT wrote:
Hellosither wrote:
SparkingJayYT wrote:fyi this is the 3cheers slip that feels very disingenuous:
3cheersforidiots wrote:
ScarredSamurai wrote:
TheWabbit wrote:
ScarredSamurai wrote:Pretty sure its just Citizens. And Goons are considered "Non Cits" But that doesnt stop them from claiming PR in a 1 for 1. With lack of Vigi in this setup it's gonna be painful dealing with these 1 for 1's.

that's what lynches are for?
vig is likely to fuck over town with hero shooting anyway

Eh, good point. Vigis should always shoot within the PoE to help solve. But im saying we lynch one and shoot the other during the night instead of wasting a day of solving when we can just lynch a lock-scum.

wait, is there a Vigi in the setup?
I'm pretty sure there is no vigi in the setup
don't go confusing me


Beofre that post they acknowledged only 1 KP with this post:
3cheersforidiots wrote:
TheWabbit wrote:
SparkingJayYT wrote:This game is going to be very hard to solve with no kill credits, prepare yourselves.

Ah yes, disabling kill credit when there can only be one kill source.

the horror

i dont see how thats disingenuous, they previously believed there was no vigilante and then had their belief questioned by what ScarredSamurai said. i also dont see how 3cheers as either alignment would benefit by being disingenuous here.

"ah the horror of 1 KP with killcred"
--2 seconds later...
"wOAh vIGi eXiSt?!"

I shouldn't have to answer why attempting to townslip is beneficial

How is that a slip...? I can't see it.
by lemonader666
Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:42 pm
 
Forum: Game Threads
Topic: VFM70 | Manatees (pt. 2) | Game Over
Replies: 2054
Views: 19848

Re: VFM70 | Manatees (pt. 2) | Day 1

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

this is my venting post
by lemonader666
Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:39 am
 
Forum: Game Threads
Topic: VFM70 | Manatees (pt. 2) | Game Over
Replies: 2054
Views: 19848

Re: VFM70 | Manatees (pt. 2) | Day 1

I was born a unicorn
Spoiler:
TheWabbit wrote:
lemonader666 wrote:
TheWabbit wrote:
cob709 wrote:What about me?

Ah yes, the genius behind the posts "post" and "quoted reply" thinks he can leave the play pen.

He's new blood

Sure. That's excusable? You'd expect someone new to ask around what is typically done or even try to mimic how others play.

Fair I guess. Dude's been really weird, but my outside interaction with him makes it kinda justified, no offense to him though.
ScarredSamurai wrote:/vote 3cheersforidiots for now...

their reads are all over the place and they can't quite justify their reasoning following such reads.

Ill see what they come up with later.

Erm, shouldn't you give her some time to explain before coming to a conclusion?
UzayAltay wrote:
Hellosither wrote:
UzayAltay wrote:
lemonader666 wrote:
cob709 wrote:What about me?

>rand scum
UzayAltay wrote:/vote Hello
Their entrance seems underwhelming to me.

Why do you think them being underwhelming indicates them as scum?

I, cannot explain that for now.
3.Do not discuss ongoing games outside of the thread unless otherwise stated

your point would still be trivial.

You sure?

Seems like it. If you can't explain it then it's obviously not gonna be valuable.
Jabichuelas wrote:([...] means I've removed part of the post, if that's allowed)

it's fine if the context is still there
ScarredSamurai wrote:
UzayAltay wrote:
ScarredSamurai wrote:
TheWabbit wrote:{Jabichuelas, Hellosither, ScarredSamurai}
{3cheersforidiots, dota2reporter, kosmo16}
{UzayAltay, SparkingJayYT, lemonader666, Crimson97, polypies73, cob709}

top bracket's core
middle are those who haven't checked in
bottom ring is PoE


Got it, Wabbit is tryhard townie. Me Likey :)

Why You thought Wabbit is townie?

No one would be so tryhard at the game as scum. At least how I originally thought till I found out he has no meta and theres rarely a difference between his town and scum games.

This seems like a towny stance, w!/ss/ prob would have talked about it in mafchat
3cheersforidiots wrote:
ScarredSamurai wrote:
3cheersforidiots wrote:aight, lemme see my readlist (not guaranteed to be coherent):

[Jabi, dota, lemon, Wabbit]
[Uzay, Hello, kosmo] - null
[Sparking, Crimson, Samurai]
[poly, cob]


Cheers im sorry but your reads are all over the place.

You said Sparking/Wabbit Scum team calling it now
then you said Lemon/Poly are scum and yet again lemon is your townread? Im having trouble following your process.

don't worry, I'm having trouble following my own reads as well

is this, dare I say, towny?
UzayAltay wrote:
lemonader666 wrote:
TheWabbit wrote:
Jabichuelas wrote:OH
he voted using three cheer emojis
wow it all makes sense now

Obscure the vote. Perfect.

déjà vu
/vote TheWabbit

Can I ask This is dejavu of what?

XX7, I found where wabbit is weakest
Crimson97 wrote:
dota2reporter wrote:
UzayAltay wrote:
dota2reporter wrote:ok good point, didn't see such a long pause between the first and second post

what about my first point tho

I don't see it.
Like I cant see anyone Who would Do something when I wrote 3cheers cannot Do it Because I wrote :D :D :D instead.

ok you're chill
/unvote

i knew my point was already incorrect from the start since it's just an rvs vote, i just wanted to see your responses

Image

Image
Crimson97 wrote:
UzayAltay wrote:
TheWabbit wrote:{Jabichuelas, Hellosither, ScarredSamurai}
{3cheersforidiots, dota2reporter, kosmo16}
{UzayAltay, SparkingJayYT, lemonader666, Crimson97, polypies73, cob709}

top bracket's core
middle are those who haven't checked in
bottom ring is PoE


Bolded are people posted before that post
Not-bolded are people havent posted before that post.
Wabbit?

Why is that important?

pretty sure he just meant that wabbit was wrong
Jabichuelas wrote:
UzayAltay wrote:@Javi what I think is either Wabbit made that reads in a rush, or random.org is real.

okay then, let's see what kind of response you'll get

also why does "search this topic" never work?

use the ISOs instead, the search engine is broken because posts in fm games don't count as legitmate ones I think
cob709 wrote:
Jabichuelas wrote:...anyone else think cob will be replaced?

why? do you think im too inactive?

I'm sure you can figure it out, sherlock.
polypies73 wrote:jabi that's like not pushy at all gotta try harder than that.

locktown
ScarredSamurai wrote:
polypies73 wrote:jabi that's like not pushy at all gotta try harder than that.

bad post.

/vote Polypies73

locktown
cob709 wrote:Well I'll try to be useful.

The votes are completely spread out. We should focus on one person so we have a chance of hitting mafia.

My dude. My man. This isn't passable. Did you seriously not have any experience with mafia beforehand?
ManateeDude wrote:
Image


Manatee's are more closely related to Elephants then other aquatic mammals such as dolphins

UzayAltay|1|TheWabbit;polypies73|1|Jabichuelas;ScarredSamurai|1|lemonader666;SparkingJayYT|1|polypies73;TheWabbit|1|Crimson97;HelloSither|1|UzayAltay;dota2reporter|1|SparkingJayYT;TheWabbit|1|lemonader666

Not Voting: SparkingJayYT, ScarredSamurai, HelloSither, kosmo16, cob709

yoo i gained a doublevoter modifier
TheWabbit wrote:
UzayAltay wrote:
Hellosither wrote:guys i think im mafia. :(

umm
What?

w!hellosither → w!uzay

bah
Hellosither wrote:
polypies73 wrote:/vote hello

seems like a good idea.

lockscum
Hellosither wrote:so... since im mafia i guess i will vote my self?

/vote Hellosither

bloody hell, vfm65 sparking is leaking again
Hellosither wrote:
TheWabbit wrote:
Crimson97 wrote:
Hellosither wrote:so... since im mafia i guess i will vote my self?

/vote Hellosither

Wtf are you doing this game?

Gauging for reactions.

no. im just bored.

lol, I feel like this is indicative
by lemonader666
Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:19 am
 
Forum: Game Threads
Topic: VFM70 | Manatees (pt. 2) | Game Over
Replies: 2054
Views: 19848
Next

Return to: VFM70 | Manatees (pt. 2) | Game Over