Coven Leader is overpowered plz nerf

Suggest new roles or changes to current roles for the game here.

Coven Leader is overpowered plz nerf

Postby Ben4lyfe » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:41 pm

Coven Leader has these abilities with the necronomicon

1. Controling people to whoever they want
2. Knowing the role of the person they sent
3. Having a basic attack on when they send them
4. Having a basic defence
5. Having a super cool awesome book to read

Although not all of these powers are overpowered, I really think there needs to be some sort of nerf because all together, this person could win a game outright, on their own. I think only Pestilence is more powerful, but that is for good reason.

Any nerf suggestions are welcome!
toz means fart in Arabic.

Just thought everyone should know.
Ben4lyfe
Benefactor
Benefactor

Re: Coven Leader is overpowered plz nerf

Postby MysticMismagius » Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:50 pm

1. Fundamental to the role of Coven Leader. You can't change this without completely overhauling the role.
2. This is necessary to prevent the CL's abilities from becoming a completely random shot in the dark. Back before the Coven was released and the Witch (which has the first two powers that CL has) didn't know who their victims were, it was an absolute shitshow.
3. If you remove this, and the CL ends up by themself somehow (all other Coven dead, not having another Coven member to begin with, etc.), how exactly are they going to eliminate the town? They can't.
4. Coven Leader is to Coven as Godfather is to Mafia, so this is fitting. Unlike the Godfather, CL doesn't gain defense until N3.
5. what
MysticMismagius
Consigliere
Consigliere

Postby Ben4lyfe » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:08 pm

MysticMismagius wrote:1. Fundamental to the role of Coven Leader. You can't change this without completely overhauling the role.
2. This is necessary to prevent the CL's abilities from becoming a completely random shot in the dark. Back before the Coven was released and the Witch (which has the first two powers that CL has) didn't know who their victims were, it was an absolute shitshow.
3. If you remove this, and the CL ends up by themself somehow (all other Coven dead, not having another Coven member to begin with, etc.), how exactly are they going to eliminate the town? They can't.
4. Coven Leader is to Coven as Godfather is to Mafia, so this is fitting. Unlike the Godfather, CL doesn't gain defense until N3.
5. what

Last one was a joke, I don't want to make a post that is entirely serious.

Outside of that though, having all of these abilities is very powerful. I would suggest there being something put in place to make it slightly more difficult for the CL or having one of these nerfed, not necessairily removed. I can't think of any original ideas though, so anything that could be added would be wonderful in my eyes.
toz means fart in Arabic.

Just thought everyone should know.
Ben4lyfe
Benefactor
Benefactor

Postby Joacgroso » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:37 pm

Maybe they don't need to know the role of their target, since they usually have a potion master in their team. And knowing the role of their target isn't that important anyway, since if the controlled person is town then they will claim anyway, and if he is evil then the witch will see that the visited person died, deducing that his target is a killer. If they are an evil who doesn't kill, then they won't claim controlled and the witch will recognise them as allies. Also, the witch can scumread and townread anyway.
But I don't think CLs are OP. They can't easily confirm themselves because everyone knows if a CL visits them, so they can't fake roles like a framer, and can be easily found out due to claimspace. Having to hide through the entire game is a pretty big disadvantage. And as Mystic said, they are the leader of the coven, so they are supposed to be slightly better.
Joacgroso wrote:I feel like I went from Light Yagami to Keiichi Maebara.

I still hope one day the game will have private lobbies. They would really help.
Also, please nerf vampire hunters.
Joacgroso
Werewolf
Werewolf

Postby Mystoc » Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:31 pm

only nerf CL needs is cant control NK is dumb CL can control NK forever and use them has puppet to kill town safetly and ensure at same time NK cant target any other coven members
Mystoc
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Soulshade55r » Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:50 am

CL Nerf No. Coven in total nerf yes please.
Favourite Roles (To play)
Spoiler: Town: Jailor
Mafia: Consort
NE: Witch
NB: Guardian Angel
Coven: Necromancer
NC: Pirate
Soulshade55r
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Return to Role Ideas