Will I Be Banned or Will They?

Post anything related to the game here!

Will I Be Banned or Will They?

Postby danihaley » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:15 pm

I was in a ranked match and two players started ganging up on me for calling out their misplays. They first said they'd find my discord to view my winrate. I told them I did not have a discord. They then said they would find my previous reports and push to get me banned. Then, another player joined in, claiming that I was cheating with them on discord (I once again do not have a discord). The other two players began harassing me further, saying that I was cheating and they were going to get me banned. I was not cheating.

I reported all three for harassment because let's face it: they were harassing me.

But I'm still definitely scared that they'll do everything they said they would. Additionally, I'm scared I'll be banned for cheating even though I didn't cheat; I don't know how to prove that I didn't.

I love this game but hate feeling so powerless like this. I definitely felt bullied in this situation, which really stinks... I'm sad that I was harassed in this way but am moreover scared that they will actually get me banned.

Does anyone know how I can prove my innocence in this situation and ensure they are punished as deserved? I did not get their usernames but I did report them.

3 Highest Town Role Winrates:
Doctor (98), Jailor (98), Spy (87)

3 Highest Mafia Role Winrates:
Mafioso (60), Godfather (45), Janitor (22)

3 Highest Neutral Role Winrates:
Jester (36), Witch (28), Executioner (22)

danihaley
Witch
Witch

Re: Will I Be Banned or Will They?

Postby LaughingInsanity » Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:43 pm

Just ignore those salty idiots. There are people like that who doesn't have anything better in their lives. And no, they can't do shit to you
LaughingInsanity
Spy
Spy

Postby kiryusento » Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:05 pm

they are annoying people, i do hope u don get banned
kiryusento
Witch
Witch

Postby losingisfun » Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:35 am

I have some experience with the Trial System as a juror (normal players who vote on reports.)
I am NOT a judge, moderator, or bmg employee, so none of this should be taken as fact (heck, I mess up all the time!)

Do know that if people falsely report you, the report will be closed as innocent/invalid and will have no bearing in terms of your track record. Not only that, but jurors can AND will report (called duping) the people who falsely reported/accused you, even if you couldn’t manage to send a report against them. They’ll be the ones getting punished, not you.

That being said, always bring it up to other players that people are falsely reporting you so that there are enough people reporting them (the category is hs/h) for it to be submitted (against the people who are reporting you). That’s the only way to best ensure that those bad players will be evaluated and most likely punished (this is a good thing to do with pretty much all violations of the rules).

Continue to enjoy playing the game, or doing whatever you would do normally. :BlobTea:
Tl;dr: unofficial answer: (just don’t think that I have much authority here) If what you say is true, you won’t be punished, they’ll probably be suspended or banned... I think.

Btw: You can check the reports against you by pming TrialBot (go to https://blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewt ... 40&t=68801 for help). But if your report is still open, I would recommend not worrying about it.
I always seem to lose...
losingisfun
Jester
Jester

Postby danihaley » Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:15 am

losingisfun wrote:Continue to enjoy playing the game, or doing whatever you would do normally.

This entire message is very sweet and reassuring.Thank you! You truly made my day; I SO appreciate it.

danihaley
Witch
Witch

Postby FrankLeeAwful » Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:23 am

For what it's worth, I checked your reports via Discord, and you literally have none.

I would say you have very little chance of being banned.
FrankLeeAwful
Doctor
Doctor

Postby Andrej3 » Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:18 pm

you wont get banned for cheating someone falsely reported me for using multiple accounts even tho i wasnt and i wasnt banned
Andrej3
Witch
Witch

Postby danihaley » Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:21 pm

FrankLeeAwful wrote:For what it's worth, I checked your reports via Discord, and you literally have none.

You're sweet. Thank you for checking. :)

danihaley
Witch
Witch

Postby Kombinator1991 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:57 am

Tribunal requires more, than one vote, and people who reported the case cannot be assigned to that case. Unless you did something, that proves IN-GAME, that you were cheating. Such as revealing info you couldn't possibly know, or admit yourself, then their report worths nothing. However if they were harassing you, then your report will passed by many voters.
Kombinator1991
Transporter
Transporter

Postby lalasex » Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:53 am

dont made attention to those pesky salty players

they defo MUST get a life and be alive

just deal with it: this community sometimes can be worse than Undertale and FNAF fandoms combined EVER
RIP Town of Salem 2017-2018

You will not be remembered

lalasex
Transporter
Transporter

Postby Kombinator1991 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:28 am

lalasex wrote:dont made attention to those pesky salty players

just deal with it: this community sometimes can be worse than Undertale and FNAF fandoms combined EVER

I think his problem is not the harassment. Anyone can deal with that either with some balls, or using the ignore function. His fear is to get banned which we told, that will be unlikely. To be honest in certain forums, and games moderators are trigger happy as hell. On Paradox's forum you don't even need to be reported. Simply, if the one moderator decide, that you should get banned, then you will.
Kombinator1991
Transporter
Transporter

Postby lalasex » Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:53 pm

Kombinator1991 wrote:

I think his problem is not the harassment. Anyone can deal with that either with some balls, or using the ignore function. His fear is to get banned which we told, that will be unlikely. To be honest in certain forums, and games moderators are trigger happy as hell. On Paradox's forum you don't even need to be reported. Simply, if the one moderator decide, that you should get banned, then you will.

anyways he SHOULD NOT be banned. am I wrong?
RIP Town of Salem 2017-2018

You will not be remembered

lalasex
Transporter
Transporter

Postby MsDarkMagician » Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:28 pm

Does this game have some sort of "tribunal" like in League of Legends?

If so, then hopefully those tasked with the job of evaluating behavioral reports in context will exercise appropriate and fair judgment.
MsDarkMagician
Jester
Jester

Postby danihaley » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:14 am

Kombinator1991 wrote:

I think his problem is not the harassment. Anyone can deal with that either with some balls, or using the ignore function.

You're definitely right; the harassment itself is easy to deal with. However, I also wish there was a way of ensuring those players were punished as they should have been.

It was some of the most severe harassment I've experienced after about a year and a half of playing ToS. I hate that these players could be doing this very same thing to other players; it's a sickening thought.

danihaley
Witch
Witch

Return to Town of Salem Discussion