This game needs serious re-balancing for Ranked.

Post anything related to the game here!

This game needs serious re-balancing for Ranked.

Postby Scootaloofilly » Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:06 pm

The devs built this game on the idea and principle that a bunch of random people would be less likely to work together and that this would
balance things out but here's the issue when it comes to ranked:

THIS IS NOT HOW IT WORKS AT ALL!

From day 1, town players in ranked are quick to find each other and root out evils with quick and damn near overpowered effectiveness.(especially if RTs are also TIs)
This leads to most evils being rooted out by day 3 or day 4. You think I'm joking? watch the last 200 games in your severs devs, you'll see how often this happens.

Mafia is the only evil faction that has a chance IF and I mean IF the town doesn't work together and is stupid. The town being stupid is a big factor believe or not because even a collection of non-morons can pull a win just be playing their roles properly. That's right, the town DOESN'T EVEN HAVE TO WORK TOGETHER to win. Once again, you think i'm over-exaggerating or joking? I've seen a game with one vet and 3 mafia at least 150+ times in my playtime career where the vet kills all 3 mafia in one night because they didn't know that he was an RT vet. In fact the game i'm CURRENTLY IN(as of 12/8/18 at 2:52 PM) is yet another game where the town was not working together at all and yet we STILL pulled a win because the jailor and a single doctor played their roles properly while they let an SK kill the mafia then lynched the SK at the end.

That's right, ONLY TWO PLAYERS needed to play the game smart in order to win.

Any evil role aside from mafia doesn't stand a chance, even with a dumb town.

A rework needs to be done for ranked alone.
Scootaloofilly
Jester
Jester

Re: This game needs serious re-balancing for Ranked.

Postby SantanaTheSmall » Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:24 pm

What ELO are you in?

I’ve found that mafia almost never wins in gold and platinum.

But now that I’m around 2300 ELO, I’ve found that evils win a lot more often, and the reason is as you say. At that ELO, the people in mafia actually try and don’t just immediately shrug their shoulders and DC.

My winrate for playing mafia increased dramatically, and the only thing that changed was my ELO and the skill level of the people around me.
SantanaTheSmall
Medium
Medium

Re: This game needs serious re-balancing for Ranked.

Postby DragonClaw66 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:54 pm

The first thing we can do is add the Osservatore (a Mafia Lookout/Tracker hybrid) and remove the Spy. With this change, the Lookout and Spy can't instantly find the Mafia and the Lookout also doesn't auto confirm itself when it sees visits because now there is a Mafia role that can do it.
DragonClaw66
Summer 2019 Winner
Summer 2019 Winner

Return to Town of Salem Discussion