Lost my connection, do I get banned now?

Post anything related to the game here!

Lost my connection, do I get banned now?

Postby Monkstar » Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:03 am

Hey guys, I'm a bit worried so I'm asking. I lost my connection the moment the game started. My internet provider crashed all over the country for an hour. I know that's terrible for my team as I was actually Godfather and probably made mafia lose and ruined the game for everyone, but I couldn't do anything about it. Is there anything I can do to prevent being banned for that? I mean, for the other players it probably looks like I just left so I believe I certainly got reported - I do the same if someone leaves on day one.
Monkstar

Re: Lost my connection, do I get banned now?

Postby SantanaTheSmall » Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:32 am

You have to rack up multiple leaving reports to be suspended, and even then, you can plead your case that it was due to a bad connection. I have been DCd multiple times on mobile and nothing happened to me yet.
SantanaTheSmall
Medium
Medium

Postby Monkstar » Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:29 am

Okay, thank you.
Monkstar

Postby JoltikIsDubby » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:34 am

SantanaTheSmall wrote:You have to rack up multiple leaving reports to be suspended, and even then, you can plead your case that it was due to a bad connection. I have been DCd multiple times on mobile and nothing happened to me yet.

Lots also not forget that literally no one gets guiltied from a leaving report. I've seen someone with like eight leaving reports before, all of which were inno'd or closed without judgment.
Hi. I'm an enormous wild card. About half of the time, I'll carry. The other half of the time, I'll be 5 IQ. Half of the time, I'll play super aggressively. The other half, I'll play it really safely.

Last updated: 21:28 EST, 1/23/19
FORUM MAFIA
3 Wins - 2 Losses - 0 DNF - 2 iP
Spoiler: Image
JoltikIsDubby
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby Djaouida » Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:26 pm

JoltikIsDubby wrote:
SantanaTheSmall wrote:You have to rack up multiple leaving reports to be suspended, and even then, you can plead your case that it was due to a bad connection. I have been DCd multiple times on mobile and nothing happened to me yet.

Lots also not forget that literally no one gets guiltied from a leaving report. I've seen someone with like eight leaving reports before, all of which were inno'd or closed without judgment.

The odd leaving report will get guilted. It's not a very high priority for judges to close. Because of the amount of them. Also worth noting a leaving report can be guilted without history if you signalled that you were leaving. Eg. Saying 'Bye don't like this role', 'gtg bye'
(There is no signature)
Djaouida
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Majik518 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:28 am

Except that the new judges do not care and are guilting leaving reports even without a history. They also said that people leaving games in ranked will be found guilty for only a single instance of leaving, even if you can prove it was just a disconnect.
Majik518
Medium
Medium

Postby oddluck » Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:11 am

An unfortunate disconnect is a whole lot different from someone having their name be ILeaveIfEvil and they leave when they get evil, that's the guy who should be banned
oddluck
Witch
Witch

Postby JoltikIsDubby » Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:27 am

Majik518 wrote:Except that the new judges do not care and are guilting leaving reports even without a history. They also said that people leaving games in ranked will be found guilty for only a single instance of leaving, even if you can prove it was just a disconnect.

Where do they say this? Because honestly, this is kind of fucked up if true.
Hi. I'm an enormous wild card. About half of the time, I'll carry. The other half of the time, I'll be 5 IQ. Half of the time, I'll play super aggressively. The other half, I'll play it really safely.

Last updated: 21:28 EST, 1/23/19
FORUM MAFIA
3 Wins - 2 Losses - 0 DNF - 2 iP
Spoiler: Image
JoltikIsDubby
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby Djaouida » Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:58 am

Majik518 wrote:Except that the new judges do not care and are guilting leaving reports even without a history. They also said that people leaving games in ranked will be found guilty for only a single instance of leaving, even if you can prove it was just a disconnect.

TurdPile has not hired a new judge hired in a while. And the rest of the statement is untrue.
You CAN get a guilty leaving report on one instance of leaving if you signaled that you are going to leave before you actually do.
(There is no signature)
Djaouida
Veteran
Veteran

Return to Town of Salem Discussion