A totally legit guide to lying as evils.

Post anything that doesn't belong in any other forum.

How often do you get away with your bluffs?

Always no one saw my bluffs ever.
8%
I was only called out once and that is because the rts were all TS.
17%
It takes a very skilled player to see through my bluffs so im fine 99% of the time.
25%
Any lower amount.
50%

Total votes : 12

A totally legit guide to lying as evils.

Postby Stiersquid » Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:57 pm

In this guide I will be going over the basics of lying as an evil. I will not be going into each evil specificity. Also don't use this guide as jester or executioner this is to help you as mafia nks or the witch.

Lying doesn't come naturally to all. But with this guide no townie will ever see through your bluffs.

Acting: Acting as an evil is simple. Most townies realize how to play the game and are there for quite all game. As an evil you should be even more quite than other townies and there for look more like a townie. Never speak and just vote with the masses but be sure to have a good will to show to the town. To make it easier to be quite in chat go turn on a movie while the game plays.

when to speak: As an evil the only time you should say something is when you or your teammates being accused or you are voted up. When somebody accuses you or your teammate be sure to call them an executioner if you do the to will ignore the TI that called you out 9 out of 10 times. If your being voted up be sure to complain about there being no proof of you being evil post your will (or not) and watch the town vote you down.

What to claim: There are many roles to claim in this game. Some bad some good some risky but only one role is in your invest results. When claiming look up the investigator results and claim from there. This way the investigator will not call you out on your lies ever. The only time you should claim something else is when the claimspace doesn't allow for your role to be in game.

Well done now you know how to lie. Be sure to try this in high ELO, report your results on the poll and suggest what I should make a guide on next.
Stiersquid
Retributionist
Retributionist

Re: A totally legit guide to lying as evils.

Postby Joacgroso » Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:07 am

Stiersquid wrote:What to claim:The only time you should claim something else is when the claimspace doesn't allow for your role to be in game.

This is stupid af. What if you are investigated? You have to be cautious of them and pray town doesn't notice it. Claiming outside your results would be riskier! Also, don't forget to never vote your teammates up, so they don't get lynched. If they happen to be on trial, however, guilty them, so you don't seem sus. Everyone will notice your guilty vote and you will seem like a townie :)
Joacgroso wrote:I feel like I went from Light Yagami to Keiichi Maebara.

I still hope one day the game will have private lobbies. They would really help.
Also, please nerf vampire hunters.
Joacgroso
Werewolf
Werewolf

Postby Renomash » Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:01 am

I'd argue that being quiet isn't always going to be the best thing for an evil to be doing. Being quiet only gives TI's a motive to find out what you are, in some cases it's safer to claim early on and not give them much of a reason to come by. However, if you claim outside of your results and an investigator decides to confirm your claim by investigating you-- well, all I can say is good luck. Personally, when it comes to the timing of claims, I'm more likely to believe someone who claims early on. It really just depends on the people you're with.

I really dislike the "when to speak" section. To be honest, if I saw someone doing any of that, no matter if I'm a vigilante or a jailor, I'd probably kill you or the person you defended.. right on the spot. For your advice to work, I think you'd need either nonexperienced players or a masterpiece of a defense.

I sort of agree with you on claims. But on the other hand, sometimes claiming out of your results is better. There have been many cases where town hangs a BG simply because of the slim chance they're godfather. There is also the chance of claiming you are doused (as a GF) when an inves calls your claim BS-- but obviously, don't do that in nonarso games.

I don't think I really like this guide and I probably won't use it in the future. I recommend that as a member of the mafia, you should do your best in not being afraid to lie. I've seen many games where people just give up when things aren't going well. I don't care what you have to do to survive, when in a pickle, just lie. Sheriff accuses you of being in the mafia? You were transported. You were framed. It doesn't matter. The most important thing to do is to remain calm and reasonable.

In the end, there won't ever be a perfect guide to always winning town of Salem. Whether your game runs smoothly or there will be bumps in the road all depends on the people around you and yourself. Because trust me, they've got some form of strat too.
you've been hit by a smooth criminal
Renomash
Jester
Jester

Postby polypies73 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:28 am

This is sarcastic bye and a follow up of his guide about town.
E
polypies73
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Stiersquid » Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:43 am

Renomash wrote:I'd argue that being quiet isn't always going to be the best thing for an evil to be doing. Being quiet only gives TI's a motive to find out what you are, in some cases it's safer to claim early on and not give them much of a reason to come by. However, if you claim outside of your results and an investigator decides to confirm your claim by investigating you-- well, all I can say is good luck. Personally, when it comes to the timing of claims, I'm more likely to believe someone who claims early on. It really just depends on the people you're with.

I really dislike the "when to speak" section. To be honest, if I saw someone doing any of that, no matter if I'm a vigilante or a jailor, I'd probably kill you or the person you defended.. right on the spot. For your advice to work, I think you'd need either nonexperienced players or a masterpiece of a defense.

I sort of agree with you on claims. But on the other hand, sometimes claiming out of your results is better. There have been many cases where town hangs a BG simply because of the slim chance they're godfather. There is also the chance of claiming you are doused (as a GF) when an inves calls your claim BS-- but obviously, don't do that in nonarso games.

I don't think I really like this guide and I probably won't use it in the future. I recommend that as a member of the mafia, you should do your best in not being afraid to lie. I've seen many games where people just give up when things aren't going well. I don't care what you have to do to survive, when in a pickle, just lie. Sheriff accuses you of being in the mafia? You were transported. You were framed. It doesn't matter. The most important thing to do is to remain calm and reasonable.

In the end, there won't ever be a perfect guide to always winning town of Salem. Whether your game runs smoothly or there will be bumps in the road all depends on the people around you and yourself. Because trust me, they've got some form of strat too.

This is a sarcastic guide your not meant to take it seriously
Gladiators! Are you ready for the opportunity of a lifetime? Fight in a battle that will go down in history. Eight challengers enter and one leaves with a prize no man could imagine. Are you ready to rumble?!
https://discord.gg/UNf4QJuA
Stiersquid
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby Stiersquid » Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:50 am

polypies73 wrote:This is sarcastic bye and a follow up of his guide about town.

I already made a guide for town it's in my signature.
Gladiators! Are you ready for the opportunity of a lifetime? Fight in a battle that will go down in history. Eight challengers enter and one leaves with a prize no man could imagine. Are you ready to rumble?!
https://discord.gg/UNf4QJuA
Stiersquid
Retributionist
Retributionist

Return to The Lounge