BtM Upick - Zombigeddon (Part 2)|Re-rolling soon.TM

A place for old, unplayed, and completed games go to lie.

BtM Upick - Zombigeddon (Part 2)|Re-rolling soon.TM

Postby tardispaten » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:59 pm

Six years ago, a terrible virus had plagued the South Coast created by the notorious Black Cat (code-named Juliet Capulet) and worked alongside with their partner the Goat (code-named Scout). The head conspirator, the Wolf, alongside with the Swan and Stallion had as well made the world a crueler place, after sending bombs to destroy the Southern states, only to have infected the water and crops in the Northern states which eventually spread across the globe. The Wolf now had the chance to become the hero, while solving the war, poverty and hunger crisis by reducing the population. The Black Cat had perfected an antidote that would kill half of the zombie population infected with certain enzymes, while reverting those not infected with those enzymes back to human, as well as antidotes for the recently infected that are still managing to hold out by themselves, but only just. The Wolf sighed heavily with a heavy heart. He had destroyed the world to make it better, but it would be worth it. He then turned around and faced his 16 hand picked recruits. "TEN HUT!" he yelled...

Welcome, to the beginning of the end... The end, of the Zombie Apocalypse. This is BtM Zombigeddon 2, a Upick adventure

Roles:

(Unknown until the joined player makes their role. Roles will be made by me and two other game hosts)

The role cards:

(These will remain hidden until the players have made a decision to what their role will be, but again, the details will be hidden until the end of the game)

Challenge Phase:

- As per usual in other BtM games, players have an option to either dance or duel another player. Rules will be enforced much harsher, meaning that a specific posting requirement has to be met when challenging or performing actions (whether it be in the main thread or private messaging). In order for a valid challenge, you must post the challenge in italics and have it bolded, as well as having the '/' present. For example "/Duel the Swan."
- You may only send one challenge per phase. This means you can do either a dance or a duel. Not both. However, there is no limit to how many people can challenge you.
- When responding to a challenge, just as you would send a challenge or actions, you must follow the formatting (to make sure that the rules have been read and this has been understood, you must also use the format when you join the game. This will not be mentioned on how to join, so make sure you have read everything before signing up).
- No challenges are valid providing yet again, they follow the same format.
- Failure to make a challenge will result in an automatic no challenge. Those who have not responded to their challenges will be auto accepted.
- Challenges will last for 48 hours or once everyone has made a challenge. If all challenges have been made, but there is at least six hours of challenging left, I will keep the phase going to allow time for me and the other hosts to register player challenges.

Duel:

Steampunk Apocalypse Megaman
Kratos
Knight of the Western Plains
Lizard Person
Team Rocket Grunt
The Velociraptor
Apprentice
Nomadic Shaman
Tardispaten
Zombie with Sunglasses
30 year old boomer
Icarus
Your Mom
Cotton Eyed Joe
Pennywise the Dancing Clown
Rick Astley

Dance:

Steampunk Apocalypse Megaman
Rick Astley
Cotton Eyed Joe
Pennywise the Dancing Clown
Tardispaten
Icarus
30 year old boomer
Your Mom
Nomadic Shaman
Apprentice
Lizard Person
Zombie with Sunglasses
The Velociraptor
Team Rocket Grunt
Kratos
Knight of the Western Plains

Action Phase:

- Roles with abilities that are used during the Action Phase can PM the General (as well as his Lieutenants PokemonKidRyan and ElusiveBelle)
- At the moderator’s discretion, players may use their actions should they have any to use within this phase. Remember to use the correct formatting set. You can change your actions if you wish to within the allotted time while using the specified format
- The results for duels and dances will be posted at the end of the Action Phase
- This phase will last for 24 hours

Voting Phase:

-The Voting Phase will still occur during the first round, but no players will be voted and no execution will occur.
-Any player who lost a duel or dance during the past Challenge Phase is a valid vote target.
-The player with the most votes at the end of the phase will be executed (This will be plurality based, not majority based)
-For each challenge participated in (no matter if won or lost) the player earns one gift. Gifts are revealed at the end of the Voting Phase. Gifts must be sent to the General as well as his Lieutenants (See gifts for what you can recieve)
-Any roles that have abilities in the voting phase will be able to use their ability then
- This phase will last for 48 hours. You are able to change your vote as many times as you wish providing you use the same format as actions in thread and private messages

IMPORTANT!
Everyone must vote someone, including the first voting phase (despite there being no execution). This will show us whether you are active or not. If you fail to make a vote the first time, you will be prodded for inactivity. The second time you fail to make a vote, you will be replaced.

Gifts:

Extra Deny- grants an extra deny to deny a challenge (see Challenge Phase) (each player starts with one unlimited deny. This can only be used during the first challenge phase. If you don't use it for the first phase, it will become a regular one)
Extra Switch- grants an extra plate switch to swap plates (see Dinner Phase) (each player starts with one switch)
Free Guess- during the upcoming Dinner Phase, you may make a guess as to a player’s role. If you are correct, they will be executed. You may only choose one of this gift per round.
Guess Immunity- you are not a valid guess target during the next Dinner Phase.
Premium Food- you are not a valid Poisoner target during the Voting Phase (you can still be poisoned if your plate is switched)
Gift Reserve - This gift can be redeemed at any point later in the game for a gift of your choosing. You can only hold up to 3 of this gift at a time.

Dinner phase:

- Each player is given a plate of food.
- You may “/switch” the food of any two players, consuming a plate switch (each player begins with one plate switch).
- Once you have no switched or switched, your action is locked. However, if a player was to have "/no switched" and someone was to switch plates with them, then the player that locked their plate is able to decide whether they would switch then or keep the swapped plate. The second time it's locked, it remains locked, even if a third person was to swap with you. Once a plate has been swapped to you, you cannot swap it with the person who swapped with you. Remember, correct format is key as it can lead to your survival (if the format is incorrect, the plate will still remain in your possession until rectified)
- At the end of the phase, each player eats the food in front of them.
- As this is Upick, it is currently unknown what will happen if a person eats tainted food
- Any abilities that can be used during the dinner phase can be used here (remember to format correctly)
- In addition, if you received a free guess as a gift, you must use it during the Dinner Phase. If you are correct, that player will be executed at the end of the Dinner Phase. All attempted guesses are revealed at the end of the Dinner Phase.
- If you do not have a free guess, you may still make a guess as to another player’s role as normal. However, if you are incorrect, you will be executed.

Testing Roles/Mechanics:

- Phases will last 48 hours (whereas action phase will last for 24 hours)
- Alliances are allowed (with ALL THREE HOSTS included either in Forum PM chain or a group DM. Make sure if you make a discord alliance to post the link to all three of us)
- Wills are not allowed
- Based on the details you pm me and the other hosts (more details in "How to sign up?")

Rules of inactivity:

As stated above, phases will last 48 hours with the exception of Action Phase (24 hours). However, if a player does not make a post within 26 hours, then they will be prodded (action phase is an exception to this rule). After the initial prod, the player will need to respond to the hosts and the thread, which must be done within 10 hours of the prod (overall, 36 hours). If a player has not responded by this time, they will be replaced. A similar rule will apply. If you go inactive and you have been prodded three times overall in the game, you will be replaced (even after confirming via pms and thread). If you feel like you may be busy and subject to being prodded due to being on holiday or have no internet, let the hosts know in advance, and we may make an exception for you. However, those with actions that could be used in action phase that is limited/unlimited, please send us a courteous "/no action" .

How to Join?

In order to be considered into the game, you must join by doing the usual "/join" and with an animal mask. As well as an animal mask, you will need to then send me and the other two mods pms a name of a role you would wish to use. For example, it can be gardener, Donald Trump or Queen Mab. Once a name/role has been given (but do not make it too easy to guess), the other two mods will be creating the roles based on the names given. The game will not start until the roles have been made and then have been confirmed after 24 hours of sending the roles out. If a person does not confirm, then a backup will use the original role that has been created for the replaced player.

List of mods and their colours:

tardispaten (The Wolf) - #FF0080
PokemonKidRyan (The Swan) - #FF0000
ElusiveBelle (The Stallion) - #004000

(Please refrain from using colours as coloured text by the mods are for when phases are moving or for flavour posts)

IMPORTANT!!!
You will not be on the player list without meeting the required criteria when signing up.
Last edited by tardispaten on Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:46 am, edited 9 times in total.
I'm the alpha wolf with the howl that is worse than my bite!
A gentle, caring creature that will gladly be your companion or let you become part of the pack.

BtM: Main mask - The Wolf
Spoiler: Image

Death Note Moderator

tardispaten
[Forum Mafia XVII] Winner

Re: BtM Upick - Zombigeddon (Part 2) - 15/16|Sign Ups

Postby tardispaten » Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:01 pm

Reserved for host

Players:

1. TimetoReap - The Kookaburra
2. Chemist1422 - The Yoshi - Brutally murdered CP 2
3. npromin1 - The Serpent
4. Jalandh - The Dolphin
5. yauaustin202 - The Dragon - Guessed as Nomadic Shaman by Snoot DP 1
6. Technitium - The Goose
7. Multiuniverse - The Wyvern
8. KingoftheRocks - The Spider Queen (this is not Undertale!!!) (EDIT: THIS IS STILL NOT UNDERTALE!)
9. VucubCaquix - The Parrot
10. EyeOfTheTiger - The Selkie
11. Lemonader666 - The Hippogriff - Voted Out VP 2
12. QnSb - The Stag
13. BRVR - The Snoot
14. XerxesLeFan - The Behemoth
15. TheEyeOfRed - The Hawk
16. timurtheking - The King Frog

Backups (Open and will remain open even when game is in session)

1. FoxoftheVoid
2. Moleland
3. Free
4. Free
5. Free
(Slots can be added if needs be)

Also, thanks to Elusive for allowing the sign ups to run slightly early so we can create roles before going on holiday and create the flavour while we are away. The game will start when me and Ryan return from our holiday.
Last edited by tardispaten on Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:42 am, edited 15 times in total.
A gentle, caring creature that will gladly be your companion or let you become part of the pack.

Death Note Moderator

tardispaten

Re: BtM Upick - Zombigeddon (Part 2)

Postby TimeToReap » Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:07 pm

/join as Kookaburra
Last edited by TimeToReap on Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
if you are wondering where i have gone check my website

Locking myself out of this account now *dab*
TimeToReap
Doctor
Doctor

Postby tardispaten » Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:10 pm

TimeToReap wrote:/join as Kookaburra

You currently do not qualify for the sign up.

(Sorry I'm being harsh, but what I'm doing is drilling people to do something to make it easier for us hosts to see actions.)

Reread the rules and try again

Death Note Moderator

tardispaten

Postby Chemist1422 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:13 pm

/join as the Yoshi (this counts as an animal, right)

Role name will be sent in shortly.

EDIT: Honestly this is a good way to get people to pay attention

Props
Last edited by Chemist1422 on Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mist ~ she/her

i guess this is goodbye?
(still here for danganronpa i guess)

stop sending reports to me i'm not a tos game moderator
Chemist1422
FM Game Moderator
FM Game Moderator

Postby npromin1 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:14 pm

/join as The Serpent (if I'm allowed to join as The Cloaked N put that down instead)
Last edited by npromin1 on Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
npromin1
Lookout
Lookout

Postby tardispaten » Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:15 pm

Chemist1422 wrote:/join as the Yoshi (this counts as an animal, right)

Role name will be sent in shortly.

I'll allow the name as an animal, but you also do not qualify as a player yet. Same response as time

Reread the rules and try again. I'll allow edits by the way if it does not show up as an edit

Death Note Moderator

tardispaten

Postby Jalandh » Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:25 pm

/Join as a Dolphin
Use your full power. Take out your soul weapon, and do your best. Otherwise...

You'll die.
Jalandh
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner

Postby yauaustin202 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:53 pm

Its a upick!
Yknow im feeling like these formatting rules on how to submit actions mean that there is a possible role that screws with the posts we make as well. Hopefully there isnt some vowel wizard that kills us if we make a post with a vowel in it or something. Anyhow, this is gonna be glorious.
/join as the dragon(if not applicable, i'll settle for eagle.)
yauaustin202
Christmas 2016 Winner
Christmas 2016 Winner

Postby Chemist1422 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:59 pm

yauaustin202 wrote:Its a upick!
Yknow im feeling like these formatting rules on how to submit actions mean that there is a possible role that screws with the posts we make as well. Hopefully there isnt some vowel wizard that kills us if we make a post with a vowel in it or something. Anyhow, this is gonna be glorious.
/join as the dragon(if not applicable, i'll settle for eagle.)

vowel wizard?
mist ~ she/her

i guess this is goodbye?

Chemist1422
FM Game Moderator
FM Game Moderator

Postby yauaustin202 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:00 pm

Its a mafia thing i've seen.
Upick/Theypick roles that restrict how you communicate and post are the worst tbh
yauaustin202
Christmas 2016 Winner
Christmas 2016 Winner

Postby Chemist1422 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:42 pm

we gonna post about this on the BtM hub?
mist ~ she/her

i guess this is goodbye?

Chemist1422
FM Game Moderator
FM Game Moderator

Postby Ocelittle » Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:21 pm

/join as the Phoenix
here 2 vibe, the dead has risen
Ocelittle
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Multiuniverse » Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:35 pm

/join as the Wyvern

Thanks parker for the gif and SuperDuper for suggesting rotational sig
Multiuniverse

Postby KingoftheRocks » Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:40 pm

/join as the Spider Queen
KingoftheRocks wrote:also of course my combat trial
would end up f***ing a fire slime and become a half reptile
and being won
by giving a slime couple relationship counseling

*click this spoiler for my sig.

KingoftheRocks
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner

Postby VucubCaquix » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:08 pm

/join as parrot

I'll do the thing in a sec
Coming 2020 - Who is The Mole?
VucubCaquix
[Forum Mafia X] Winner
[Forum Mafia X] Winner

Postby EyeOfTheTiger » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:51 pm

yeet

/join as the Selkie
EyeOfTheTiger
Transporter
Transporter

Postby lemonader666 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:32 am

/join as the Hippogriff

you can email me at lemonader666@gmail.com if need be
lemonader666
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner

Postby QnSb » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:49 am

Multiuniverse wrote:/join as the Wyvern

/join as the Wy-

Damnit Multi, you stole my mask

/join as the Stag
Click this 'cause I'm unoriginal!
She/her pronouns please
QnSb
Jester
Jester

Postby BRVR » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:13 am

/join as snoot
THE GREAT KIJAH IS BACK AND IS HERE TO STAY!
I AM OPEN TO MAKING NEW FRIENDS TO FILL THE VOID IN MY HEART OF SADNESS!
BRVR
Survivor
Survivor

Postby PokemonKidRyan » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:23 am

Hello everyone. Remember to read the OP carefully as this will be important throughout the game and you will not be able to qualify for signups without it
~The Swan
My personality:

My alts were EdwardMidford and TsuchiyaTenaka. I apologise profusely for being bad and hiding behind them. I ask for forgiveness but know that won't be a simple feat. Please stop bringing up my past, as I'm striving towards a new future. I just sometimes struggle to show that I truly want said change.
PokemonKidRyan
[Forum Mafia XI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XI] Winner

Postby XerxesLeFan » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:49 am

/Join as the Behemoth

Spoiler:
ImageImageImage
【Horane - Lucius - Phoenix】
chubee wuz heer
XerxesLeFan
Christmas 2016 Winner
Christmas 2016 Winner

Location: ᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴏɴ ᴀɴᴅ ʟᴀʏ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ, ᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴏɴ ᴀɴᴅ ʟɪᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴍᴇ, ᴛᴇʟʟ ᴍᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴍᴇ, ꜱᴀʏ ɪ'ᴍ ᴛʜᴇ ᴏɴʟʏ ᴏɴᴇ

Re: BtM Upick - Zombigeddon (Part 2) - 13/16|Sign Ups

Postby KingoftheRocks » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:50 pm

tardispaten wrote:8. KingoftheRocks - The Spider Queen (this is not Undertale!!!)

What the

there's no spider queen in undertale
KingoftheRocks wrote:also of course my combat trial
would end up f***ing a fire slime and become a half reptile
and being won
by giving a slime couple relationship counseling

*click this spoiler for my sig.

KingoftheRocks
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner

Re: BtM Upick - Zombigeddon (Part 2) - 13/16|Sign Ups

Postby Chemist1422 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:01 pm

KingoftheRocks wrote:
tardispaten wrote:8. KingoftheRocks - The Spider Queen (this is not Undertale!!!)

What the

there's no spider queen in undertale

Oh really?

Ahuhuhu~
mist ~ she/her

i guess this is goodbye?

Chemist1422
FM Game Moderator
FM Game Moderator

Postby PokemonKidRyan » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:10 pm

I really wanted to put your mask as The Muffet, but general Wolf wants to be literal
My personality:

My alts were EdwardMidford and TsuchiyaTenaka. I apologise profusely for being bad and hiding behind them. I ask for forgiveness but know that won't be a simple feat. Please stop bringing up my past, as I'm striving towards a new future. I just sometimes struggle to show that I truly want said change.
PokemonKidRyan
[Forum Mafia XI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XI] Winner

Next

Return to Completed/Abandoned Games