Filter previous innap usernames

Suggestions you have for the Trial System go here.

Filter previous innap usernames

Postby greenrabbit7 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:49 pm

Why not just make a system to, when someone is banned for an innapropriate username, filter it out so we don'tget as many username reports and shave a few future reports away?
greenrabbit7
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Re: Filter previous innap usernames

Postby Jerme » Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:01 pm

What do you mean with that?
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby greenrabbit7 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:23 pm

Jerme wrote:What do you mean with that?

Let's say I named myself Nate Higgers and I got banned from town of salem from a innapropriate username report. Why not censor the word "Nate higgers" in game if it qualifies as an innapropriate username?
greenrabbit7
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby Jerme » Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:38 pm

I see what you mean, the idea might have some merit.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby RedHeadStepChild » Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:46 pm

I am sorry for putting my 2 cents in but I have to at this point... All Due Respect Jerme, but "Might" have some merit? Of course it has merit! I think you devs should implement this filter, is because I personally have seen and reported more than one different account name for using THAT EXACT username! yes I know there are SEVERAL different put there that people have found to evade the filter, and it is a lot of work to find and and enter those names into the filter, trust me I know data entry is a pain in the ass, i did it for years, but seriously, this does need to be implemented asap! The easiest way to do it is to go back through all of the inappropriate username posts and start from there. and I am betting you if you go through all of the Account names you will find several that are just as inappropriate, and truthfully I would be willing to help!
If you have ever called me an Asshole, I thank you. I wear that title with Pride and Honor.

No matter how big of a troll you think you are, there is always someone out there that is a lot bigger of a troll than you.
RedHeadStepChild
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Jerme » Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:59 pm

repeatedly updating the filter manually would not be a good idea and more or less the work of Syssiphos. Doing it automatically could be something that migth be implemented, but atm there isn't manpower available to do so.
Also please mind the forumrules and don't revive threads, of which the latest post is older than a month.

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Return to Trial System Suggestions