See joined groups, Trial Reviewer logo?

Suggestions you have for the Trial System go here.

See joined groups, Trial Reviewer logo?

Postby faerielaw » Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:03 pm

So, not sure if this has been suggested before but it came to mind as I'm going through some reports

I would like for there to be some way for Trial reviewers to see the players who joined a queue as a group. I know you can create a duplicate report for other offenders within an open report but there are times when it is a group of players cheating via Discord or other service and I think it would be helpful to be able to tag Group Cheating behaviors as part of the reported issue. At the very least I feel this would help direct reviewers to closely inspect interactions between said groups that have clear indicators of cheating so as to improve accurate assessment of a cheating/game-throwing report.

I was also wondering, since I often see offenders in game brazenly proclaim that "the mods dont do anything with reports" if perhaps those who participate in the Trial System could have something like a lobby queue logo that would serve to show other players that there is an in game presence that actively participates in the Trial System. This would allow them to remain annonymous within the game itself but maybe with knowing there's a "security guard" there of sorts during gameplay that can and will not only report offenders but also able to DO something about that report as well. Though now with the game being pay to play the level of offenders is going to decrease anyway.

Just a few thoughts.
faerielaw
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Re: See joined groups, Trial Reviewer logo?

Postby bluewave41 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:33 pm

faerielaw wrote:I would like for there to be some way for Trial reviewers to see the players who joined a queue as a group.

Requires dev intervention and trial is at the verrrry bottom of their priority list.

faerielaw wrote:if perhaps those who participate in the Trial System could have something like a lobby queue logo that would serve to show other players that there is an in game presence that actively participates in the Trial System.

There is a juror icon that's planned to be given to the top few voters each month or something but probably not until trial v2 which won't come out for who knows how long. You'll just be laughed at for using it in game anyway since jurors have no actual power. It wont deter anyone.
bluewave41
Halloween 2017 Winner
Halloween 2017 Winner

Postby faerielaw » Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:18 pm

Thanks for the reply. Nice to hear about the icon. I know it won't deter the obvious repeat offenders but I prefer to take a little more optimistic view that maybe such a presence will have some type of effect.

I know the devs are busy people and have other priorities. This section of the forums are for suggestions though, no? I don't mind throwing out some of my ideas knowing full well the devs probably won't even receive them. I'm just here to participate.
faerielaw
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby bluewave41 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:25 pm

faerielaw wrote:Thanks for the reply. Nice to hear about the icon. I know it won't deter the obvious repeat offenders but I prefer to take a little more optimistic view that maybe such a presence will have some type of effect.

It won't but if that makes you feel better.

faerielaw wrote:I know the devs are busy people and have other priorities. This section of the forums are for suggestions though, no? I don't mind throwing out some of my ideas knowing full well the devs probably won't even receive them. I'm just here to participate.

You're free to post whatever suggestions sure. This has already been suggested before multiple times though and isn't happening. Maybe in 2032.
bluewave41
Halloween 2017 Winner
Halloween 2017 Winner

Postby faerielaw » Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:32 pm

I live for 'maybe" :D I think the Trial System is a great idea, but of course needs continued work, updates to the rules, that sort of thing. Especially frustrating to see reports as Innocent when they are anything but. I love this game and don't want to see it die off since active player participation is a requirement to keep it going.

Fingers crossed for 2032 then!
faerielaw
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby bluewave41 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:42 pm

faerielaw wrote:I live for 'maybe" :D I think the Trial System is a great idea, but of course needs continued work, updates to the rules, that sort of thing. Especially frustrating to see reports as Innocent when they are anything but. I love this game and don't want to see it die off since active player participation is a requirement to keep it going.

Fingers crossed for 2032 then!

You'll realize eventually just like I did that it's useless. The game devs have barely touched trial at all the past year and the few things they did do just made it worse and pushed people away to the point that only like 10-100 reports are actually closed a day. That's not gonna fly when there's a backlog of 145k reports that are only open for 30 days.
bluewave41
Halloween 2017 Winner
Halloween 2017 Winner

Postby faerielaw » Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:06 pm

I can understand that. I myself feel bad that I haven't logged on much to the system to review reports as much as I wanted to. Must certainly be disheartening to the devs as well for such low results in the Trial System, I can see why making it a low priority would be very logical and realistic in terms of where to put their best energy and focus into.

Devs, if you did ever see this, I'd love to be hired on to review reports. I don't need much in terms of pay wage, don't need benefits. Just a little something in return for time spent and a chance to be part of something bigger :)

I can hear you now bluewave41 lol "dream on! NEVER gonna happen" :P Anyway, I'm gonna get back to things. It's been nice chatting with you. Thanks for the replies and have a nice day!
faerielaw
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Return to Trial System Suggestions