Make dupes give TR again

Suggestions you have for the Trial System go here.

Make dupes give TR again

Postby abizoey » Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:21 am

Right now, jurors are getting no reward and therefore have no incentive (besides the most dedicated ones who really care about doing things properly) to look through reports thoroughly and duplicate on other rulebreakers. If anything, jurors are actually punished for doing what they should, since TR can be lost from dupes, but not gained. This makes me reluctant to duplicate some borderline rulebreaking, since I lose TR if it gets deemed innocent but don't gain any if it's deemed guilty.

From what I've heard this was first taken out because of the duplication buttons in blue's script that gave people free TR just for clicking a button, but that's long gone now. I've also heard a lot of "no changes are being made until 2.0" but I heard recently that judges who close reports now get TR gain for it, which is also a good and much needed change that I have no problem with, but if that's been added surely this can be too?

I see lots of benefits to this such as encouraging jurors to look through reports more closely, as well as encouraging them to go through reports on blue's tracker site such as the purple/yellow list which hasn't been done for ages now. Jurors can look through reports on there, do dupes and add the guilty ones to juror list for judges to close easily, and gain TR for it. Yes TR shouldn't matter that much because it's just a number, but it's very satisfying to see it go up as a result of working on voting on reports. It's pretty unfair that at the moment I could go through tracker lists which need to be dealt with and get no reward for it, yet someone botting reports and autoguiltying everything in juror queue gets TR gain.
abizoey
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Re: Make dupes give TR again

Postby RetralMega » Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:57 am

And give us points for Innocent with Exception when we Guilty it. We did get it right after all.
RetralMega
Patron
Patron

Postby TurdPile » Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:02 am

can't.. me too corrupt sry. ask wen not corrupt thx.

RetralMega wrote:And give us points for Innocent with Exception when we Guilty it. We did get it right after all.

tbh thought this was the case already.
I have mostly rescinded my role as Admin.

All previous contact should instead be redirected to Flavorable.

If your inquiry doesn't directly have to do with Trial 2.0 or TrialBot, then please refrain from messaging.

Thank you.
TurdPile
Vampire
Vampire

Postby Flavorable » Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:14 am

Trial Rewards are pointless when people still use scripts/bots to automate their voting.
TR for dupes is pointless because:
a) it gives no rewards anyway
b) people use bots/scripts for auto-duping
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby abizoey » Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:21 am

TurdPile wrote:can't.. me too corrupt sry. ask wen not corrupt thx.

RetralMega wrote:And give us points for Innocent with Exception when we Guilty it. We did get it right after all.

Super professional when trial admins respond to a serious suggestion that would benefit trial as a whole and all the jurors with this, just because of who it came from.

Flavorable wrote:Trial Rewards are pointless when people still use scripts/bots to automate their voting.
TR for dupes is pointless because:
a) it gives no rewards anyway
b) people use bots/scripts for auto-duping

TR in itself is more of a reward than nothing. And just ban the botters from trial, simple. I don't know why that hasn't been done already.
abizoey
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby TurdPile » Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:36 am

So let me get this straight: you call me, Trial, and everything it stands for as corrupt... then come here to suggest something that has nothing to do with the former and has zero impact on such? Some nerve. Go back to your Trial-free cave, it misses you. I've given you numerous chances as a person, but when you come at me publicly for the sole purpose of slandering me as a person, I draw the line. You've burned your bridge, now stay on the other side.

Just because dupe script was removed from Blue's end, doesn't mean it doesn't, or can't, exist again. It was removed for a reason.

TurdPile wrote:

Will get this fixed when I'm next in that code.

Locking.

If your inquiry doesn't directly have to do with Trial 2.0 or TrialBot, then please refrain from messaging.

Thank you.
TurdPile
Vampire
Vampire

Postby TurdPile » Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:07 pm

Misread this, Guilties on Exception should give no TR. Innocent on Exception should give TR. At the moment I think neither give TR, although I believe I intended Exception to give Innocent voters TR. But with the leaving reports, I'd rather have people guiltying than inno'ing knowing it is going to get an Exception just to farm TR. So I'm just going to leave it as-is for now and revisit the subject in 2.0

Thank you.
TurdPile
Vampire
Vampire

Return to Trial System Suggestions