So am i getting it right? - new patches make no sense -

Put any feedback about the game here.

So am i getting it right? - new patches make no sense -

Postby zzjay » Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:35 pm

I didn't like the new chat limitations that ocassionally couldn't let you correct typos or wrong things you said...so i left,and checking back now things seem to have gone full fallout 76...

So ToS most discussed issue is how mafia's non killing abilities but consort are useless...

So BMG thinks that making frames permanent will fix it?
How?
I still see forger as very situational and only good with consigliere combo...

So now we have town's abilities that are mostly useless (investigtor)

What's the point of this? A spy will still counter the whole mafia alone,so framer remains useless...in spy games,and sheriff's results will be less incriminating,making frames even less hangable.

We still have the spy problem.
Any game with a spy is won by hanging non visited persons,and framer can't still visit every night,or he'll out the town to the spy...
zzjay
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Re: So am i getting it right? - new patches make no sense -

Postby shapesifter13 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:39 pm

Are you aware that this was not added to the game?
shapesifter13
Developer
Developer

Postby zzjay » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:03 pm

shapesifter13 wrote:Are you aware that this was not added to the game?

What happens in PTR (or whatever you call it) is still what people think might help the game.

The point is BMG is looking the wrong way it's not mafia who needs a buff (rn mafia is better played without using abilites) it's the spy who needs a nerf.
So of course i feel like i should let you know what i think is the best way to fix the game.
Afterall it's gamer's fedback that turns the game into what gamers want.

So look at the town,instead of trying to buff mafia so massively ( 3 maf members+ any minus vampire was okay imo),better nerf town instead,and remove some gamebreaking features (yes spy...you,not retri)

There are many things that can fix spy,but in the meantime we could limit to 3 uses the ability for the spy to see mafia visits and see how it goes?

Or totally remove the name,just a message 2/3 mafia visited tonight,but not who,and maybe add a bit more info on bugs.

On the retri thing i think he should die to give life back to someone.
zzjay
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby shapesifter13 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:45 pm

I am not disagreeing that Spy needs to be looked at, specifically seeing Mafia visits.
shapesifter13
Developer
Developer

Postby kyuss420 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:41 am

Spy is OP...if all the mafia visit different people every night. by day 3/4 they can have a 50/50 of who maf is, if they arent killed by then, but its also dependant on the maf roles, and what they find, and how pro the players are who rolled mafia.
- Janitor/forger will visit the same target as the GF/mafioso, who will usually visit an important role that consig found the night before, giving spy only 1 name to add to the ''visited by maf'' list (the consigs next target), or target a random that results in the below...
- GF/mafioso target usually dies, so everyone knows they arent mafia anyway, if they dont die, spy usually calls them out to be immune resulting in town lynching them, instead of mafia, giving maf a days grace and outing the spy who can then be targeted
- Blackmailer/Disguiser will usually pick one target and stay on them (well....not always usually) which wont add anyone to the ''visited by maf'' list after night 1
- consort/framer will easily be found to exist by a spy, but to share that info, they have to come out, which should result in them being targeted

- Most spys dont keep a ''visited by maf'' or ''not visited by maf'' list and concentrate their wills on where they bugged and the nothing that happened there.
- As spy I try to stay quiet til I have 6 names left on the ''not visited'' list, which i will share with town, whether that happens fast or slow, depends on the maf. Sometimes they almost have majority before I can find them, sometimes they all visit 4 different people for 2-3 nights. But if LO saw consort visit someone, who claimed RBed, I will usually blow my cover to get a fast lynch
goosegoosegoosegoosegoose
Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image
kyuss420
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby zzjay » Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:39 am

kyuss420 wrote:Spy is OP...if all the mafia visit different people every night. by day 3/4 they can have a 50/50 of who maf is.

Not only that.
Spy directly counters any 'play' the mafia could try.

Forging a sheriff's will framing a person...
Disguisers (expecially when they are killed by NK at night)
Frames...
Any consig/other role combo.

Not obly this...but now spy also has bugs...which is cool on its own,but it makes it pretty hard to be a fake spy for the mafia and confuse the town on who's right...

For example the 2 rms can't fake both ro be spy and say sheriff's target was visited,and framed.
Not to mention the risk of a real spy being in game,limiting fuether the mafia gameplay to a wait and be quiet and see when/if we manage to get votes.

And with the insane amount of evils...it's even not to hard...like we want a gane where we can trick town into mislynching townies,not tricking them into mislynhing another evil xD.
zzjay
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby Brilliand » Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:59 pm

My favorite idea for nerfing the Spy is to let them choose just one role slot to see the visits of, instead of the entire mafia (like a tracker that targets role slots instead of players). The spy's visits would have to be immune to detection by the tracker/lookout of course.
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Return to Feedback