Positive feedback expanded

Put any feedback about the game here.

Positive feedback expanded

Postby greenrabbit7 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 5:11 pm

Ok. The last time I made a positive feedback topic, I did not touch on it and as such people thought I was trolling. So in here, I am going to START with the negative feedback (in a spoiler) just to show what I am feeling, but the primary focus of this is the positive.

Spoiler: Moderation:
I STRONGLY disagree with some moderation choices as well as some rules. They seem silly, they seem counter intuitive and I notice people leaving and saying bad things about these moderators. Not to mention the moderators, while the game was F2P, started making it more and more like one of those shitty phone games what with the bundles and town points; I can't have a skin now without thinking "I wonder if people think I bought this with money?"

Gameplay:
I get it. It takes a while to change things. But stuff like ww changes have been in tg for years, can't you just move ww to nc and call it a done deal? Boom, everyone's happy; casual players get ww in all any while non-coven players get a neutral chaos alignment with actually more then just vamp. The ranked players get a balanced role in the form of the butcher. Why not just change these things? I get it, it's hard to code them, but there has been plenty of time no?

Report system:
Hoo boy this one makes me mad. It's wonderful and all that you have a report system people can take part in, but hardly any reports are actually handled. If you just hired people or offered them a reward for doing it, it would help, but as it stands it is 12% of reports that genuinely get handled. I even asked for a ban at one point because of a report that should have been guilty, and let a moderator know about it while it was being judged, and it did not get handled. Seriously, what?

Now that the negative stuff is out of the way, I want to focus on the main point of this post. The positives. These will NOT be in a spoiler, as I want everyone to see these.

1. This game is efficient. I can just click play, click chaos - > all any, then either create a party or hit play again and boom. I have a game for ~15 minuites where I can either deceive people or help people not be decived. It's incredibly efficient, I can just play whenever and I really do appreciate that. With the mobile app and an internet connection, I can play it wherever too. I want this game to become more popular for this reason alone.

2. It's easy to play with friends; just put in their username and boom, I can play a game with them whenever. I've made a lot of cool friends and its fun to joke around with them and mess with other people. All you need to do is make a party and invite them, there's nothing else, and it is glorious in it's simplicity. It does not overcomplicate things and as such becomes much more efficient.

3. All the roles are unique, I look at some roles and think "Huh. This is just x + x." Even a mafia consort is unique in it's central focus, every role makes it feel like I am playing a completely new thing. I like all of them pretty much. Except spy, I hate making wills for it >:c

4. EVERYONE GETS A ROLE!! Ok, in fourm mafia I HATE getting cit. You do nothing, you just talk. A PR can do the same thing, but they get to actually do something, feel like all of this is leading up to something in the night. I love that, the simple fact that everyone gets a role is wonderful.

5. The moderation is down to earth. You guys have been commenting and actively being on these fourms. I can name tons of games where the moderation does no such thing and just sits back and drinks tea while reading. You don't look up at people, or at least, I haven't seen you guys doing it.

So. Thank you, mods, for making this. I appreciate it, the game, the effort, everything.
greenrabbit7
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Re: Positive feedback expanded

Postby Jerme » Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:16 pm

Regarding your critism of the report system: The report wasn't guilty, as you did not do what you were accused of by the reason of the report. Then I lost track of it and forgot to duplicate it on the correct reason to give it a verdict.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby greenrabbit7 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:18 pm

Jerme wrote:Regarding your critism of the report system: The report wasn't guilty, as you did not do what you were accused of by the reason of the report. Then I lost track of it and forgot to duplicate it on the correct reason to give it a verdict.

Gotta say, man, what if I didn't give you that report though? I wouldn't have gotten banned, just because it was the wrong reason even though I did a bad thing. If somoene sues me for manslaughter but I actually robbed a bank I should still be arrested.
greenrabbit7
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby BasicFourLife » Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:52 am

if you dont like cit, you shouldnt play FM. Its that simple. If you think "/heal X" is supposed to make the game fun, then you are at the wrong place. It needs less PRs, not more.
RNG is never good for any strategy based game. Please learn the definition of what that means, especially if you're one of the people constantly defending it.

FM / TG: 5 - 10 - 8
BasicFourLife
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner

Postby greenrabbit7 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:37 am

BasicFourLife wrote:if you dont like cit, you shouldnt play FM. Its that simple. If you think "/heal X" is supposed to make the game fun, then you are at the wrong place. It needs less PRs, not more.

Yes, all fms should be the same thing. Screw having a hook to draw players in, be one of the many!
greenrabbit7
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby shapesifter13 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:33 pm

Thank you for the positive parts of your post, and I wanted to address the negative part of Game play, since the other parts seem to have been addressed. Yes it may be an easy change to make the new role, and change WW to NC. That does not mean that is what we want to do, or that it is a priority though. We are a small team, and have to make sure our time is usedeffiecently.
shapesifter13
Developer
Developer

Return to Feedback