Feedback on upcoming Custom player limit change

Put any feedback about the game here.

Feedback on upcoming Custom player limit change

Postby shapesifter13 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:20 pm

Hey Townies,

Due to some recent abuse that has been found we are going to be upping the player limit in custom and rapid game modes to 7 like all other game modes. Before we did this though we wanted to first ask all of you if there are any valid role lists that can be played with less players. Are there any semi-popular/fun role lists that can, and are, played with less that 7 players in custom? These changes will apply to Coven Custom and Rapid modes as well.
shapesifter13
Developer
Developer

Re: Feedback on upcoming Custom player limit change

Postby Stiersquid » Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:59 pm

Please no I love it when you get a game with like 3 people.
Gladiators! Are you ready for the opportunity of a lifetime? Fight in a battle that will go down in history. Eight challengers enter and one leaves with a prize no man could imagine. Are you ready to rumble?!
https://discord.gg/UNf4QJuA
Stiersquid
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby Villagerlover » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:14 pm

Honestly, no.

Vigilantics is your best bet at a "valid rolelist" that is less than 7 players, cause no one ever plays it. You'd be lucky if you even had a game in that mode cause now with the Witch-sigliere ability, it's pretty much an auto-win for witches every vigilantics game.

Other than that, I see no reason to go against having a limit of 7 or more players just like everything else.
Wanna say somethin'? >B3
PM
Villagerlover
Consigliere
Consigliere

Postby shelboo » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:22 pm

Already responded on the subreddit but there's just one thing I wanna ask.
What's the abuse?
Is it something that can be changed otherwise? Is it achievement farming? Someone mentioned if it would be possible to not allow achievements to appear in matches with less than 7 if that's the case.

I don't play ToS anymore, but I do like sticking around in case something needs testing like how a role works. There's always some sort of confusion going on, and testing is the best way to get an answer, instead of hearing of how things -should- function.
Click here to send TrialBot a message where you will receive all reports ever filed against your account.
Just click on that link and then select "Submit" towards the bottom of the message.

shelboo
Halloween 2015 Winner
Halloween 2015 Winner

Postby Jackparrot » Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:44 pm

No. I dont think there should be any limit as its CUSTOM, what do you exepect?
And also, if you wanted to tes mechanics of the game that involved less than 7 people how would we test it
I am not as active as I used to be, although I should be somewhat active.
Jackparrot
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby Villagerlover » Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:48 pm

Jackparrot wrote:No. I dont think there should be any limit as its CUSTOM, what do you exepect?
And also, if you wanted to tes mechanics of the game that involved less than 7 people how would we test it

The problem with not having a player limit is that it would be way too easy to exploit for achievements.
Wanna say somethin'? >B3
PM
Villagerlover
Consigliere
Consigliere

Postby HereThereEverywhere » Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:13 pm

shelboo wrote:Already responded on the subreddit but there's just one thing I wanna ask.
What's the abuse?
Is it something that can be changed otherwise? Is it achievement farming? Someone mentioned if it would be possible to not allow achievements to appear in matches with less than 7 if that's the case.

I don't play ToS anymore, but I do like sticking around in case something needs testing like how a role works. There's always some sort of confusion going on, and testing is the best way to get an answer, instead of hearing of how things -should- function.

If the abuse is grinding for MP or trying to get achievements, make matches that are less than seven not reward anything, no wins, losses, or draws on the record, no MP, no achievements, there's no reason to remove the option instead of just making it pretty much not abusable. If the abuse is something else, you should've said it from the start, so we know how to base our opinions on the matter.
canadian joker says a lot aboot society
HereThereEverywhere
Vampire Hunter
Vampire Hunter

Postby Jackparrot » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:04 am

Turns out its the amount of games played, also, why are you implementing it? atleast set up a poll.
I am not as active as I used to be, although I should be somewhat active.
Jackparrot
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby HereThereEverywhere » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:24 pm

Polls are not a good idea. A thread without a poll means anyone who wants to state an opinion has to actually say it, instead of saying yes or no. Sure, some people will have the same ideas as other people, but it shouldn't be based on what the majority thinks, it should be based on the better side of the argument.

Though asking for feedback on a change that's going to be implemented is a bit odd, it's like saying "We're doing this, but tell us why you think we shouldn't, but we are."

And my fix addressing the amount of games played, if that's really the issue. That's barely an issue, but if it is, just make games with under seven people not give any sort of noticeable effect after playing them.
canadian joker says a lot aboot society
HereThereEverywhere
Vampire Hunter
Vampire Hunter

Return to Feedback