Inconsistent 1v1-scenarios as werewolf

Put any feedback about the game here.

Inconsistent 1v1-scenarios as werewolf

Postby MashFlob » Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:13 am

So the stalemate mechanismt when only one werewolf and one townie is left is very confusing.

Since the new ranked season I have now experienced two situations in which I was the veteran with still an alert left, together with once a werewolf and in the other case an arso. Both times the game immediately ended, not giving me the chance to gamble upon my alert and possibly draw it out.

I dont necessarily agree with that, but didnt think too much into it. After all giving the NK an edge over town makes somewhat sense, consindering the winrate. However now I am in a game where I am the werewolf and am left with just one sheriff. The game doesnt end. I actually have to wait 2 days in order to kill him.

So why is that? Is it a bug? Because from a gameplay view changing the outcomes makes way more sense. Or if this is really about giving the NK an advantage when only left with a vet, then make it so that the game ends in any 1v1 scenario so people dont have to wait around for 2 days.
MashFlob
Lookout
Lookout

Re: Inconsistent 1v1-scenarios as werewolf

Postby HereThereEverywhere » Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:14 am

While I don't understand why it doesn't end early in the WWvSheriff situation, VetvWW being an instant WW win is fair because Town has no chance of winning, whereas WW can. For Arso maybe they just wanted to help it's winrate, since it's pretty lacking. Though any scum vs a Townie that can't win should just end in that scum's win.
canadian joker says a lot aboot society
HereThereEverywhere
Vampire Hunter
Vampire Hunter

Postby MashFlob » Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:44 am

HereThereEverywhere wrote:While I don't understand why it doesn't end early in the WWvSheriff situation, VetvWW being an instant WW win is fair because Town has no chance of winning, whereas WW can. For Arso maybe they just wanted to help it's winrate, since it's pretty lacking.

I dont quite get this logic. Why does it matter if its an arso or a ww in this case? both can win. Even vet can win, considering that he hold onto his alerts long enough, or they can decide to draw.

Understandable if they want to push NK winrates and give them the lead in this situation, but your argument is rather confusing.
MashFlob
Lookout
Lookout

Postby HereThereEverywhere » Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:55 am

MashFlob wrote:
HereThereEverywhere wrote:While I don't understand why it doesn't end early in the WWvSheriff situation, VetvWW being an instant WW win is fair because Town has no chance of winning, whereas WW can. For Arso maybe they just wanted to help it's winrate, since it's pretty lacking.

I dont quite get this logic. Why does it matter if its an arso or a ww in this case? both can win.

Let me stop you right there. If a Werewolf attacks an alerting Veteran, both die. So in a 1v1 with WW and Vet, only the Werewolf can win. Thus they do, because it's a lot harder for a WW to make it to that 1v1 scenario, and the Devs don't want the game to be a draw. A draw is a waste of time for everyone. For Arso v Vet, Arso can still win. That's why Arso v Vet isn't an automatic Vet loss. It's listed on the wiki as not a draw, because it's not. Maybe you're somehow mistaken about your game, or maybe it bugged out. But Arso v Vet isn't supposed to be an automatic win or loss for either side because either can win. WW v Vet isn't the same, so that's why WW automatically wins.
HereThereEverywhere
Vampire Hunter
Vampire Hunter

Postby Myersvandalay » Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:01 am

MashFlob wrote: Even vet can win, considering that he hold onto his alerts long enough, or they can decide to draw.

Vet cannot win. WW's and vet both have powerful attacks that pierce eachothers immunity. Meaning here's the list of possible outcomes

WW attacks, vet doesn't alert = WW win
WW attacks vet is alert = Vet and WW die, draw
WW does not attack vet alerts - draw
WW does not attack vet does not alert - draw.

The only possible way for a vet to "win" would be if the WW signs off.
Myersvandalay
Disguiser
Disguiser

Postby MashFlob » Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:57 am

AH now I get what you mean. Yeah sorry for my poor choice of words an alerted vet obviously gets killed when a werewolf visits him.

Well I still have to say that I still dont agree with making it an automatic win, but for the sake of the game and not letting games draw its definitely good.

I guess then the feedback can be cut down to:

If a veteran loses 1v1 vs a werewolf, pls make it so that everyone else, besides jailor and mayor also loses in a 1v1.
MashFlob
Lookout
Lookout

Postby HereThereEverywhere » Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:01 pm

For WW I can see that happening, but say like SK or Arso. In the off chance they don't know the other player is Veteran, the Vet can alert if they have any left and pretty much get a confirmed kill. However if the game ends with every role but Jailor, Mayor, Vet, and other NKs that can win - like Arso v WW, then the Arso/SK knows to be more careful which could screw over the Vet. It is only two game days, but maybe with two people left, the discussion phase could be chopped out entirely. It keeps time for a Mayor to reveal and vote, and for Jailor to jail and execute, while also shortening the game to bearable levels.
HereThereEverywhere
Vampire Hunter
Vampire Hunter

Postby Miervaldis » Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:23 pm

My latest game, me as werewolf and one transporter townie left, dragged on for two more nights. I don't see why.

There was no way for the town to win. Werewolf cannot attack self even if transported. He just ends up rampaging home and killing the transporter. Having to wait two days was really quite dull.
Miervaldis
Jester
Jester

Postby Emberguard » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:35 am

@KatiyaKramer Arso wouldn't need to time it for a non-full moon night. Igniting rb's kills on it's targets. So unless that's been changed since I found that out through playing then igniting would actually save Arso from dying against a WW
Emberguard
Transporter
Transporter

Postby HereThereEverywhere » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:51 am

If that was a thing, I don't think it is now Ember. Arsonists don't have any sort of capability to roleblock their targets.
HereThereEverywhere
Vampire Hunter
Vampire Hunter

Postby Emberguard » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:07 pm

Yeah. And I don't know if it was ever intentional anyway. It never said anything about being rb'd, only ignited, just when I was playing regularly (1-2 years ago) I noticed the mafia kills never went through when the Mafioso was ignited, both when I was mafia, and when I was doing the igniting. Probably fixed by now if it was a coding glitch
Emberguard
Transporter
Transporter

Postby Myersvandalay » Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:18 am

Miervaldis wrote:My latest game, me as werewolf and one transporter townie left, dragged on for two more nights. I don't see why.

There was no way for the town to win. Werewolf cannot attack self even if transported. He just ends up rampaging home and killing the transporter. Having to wait two days was really quite dull.

The stalemate detectors primary function is to prevent draws. It generally doesn't kick in just to save time.

WW vs vet could end in a draw if he alerts, SK vs GF obviously would end in a draw etc...

mafioso vs sheriff, we already know mafioso is going to win, but the detector does not kick in and the mafioso has to complete his kill to win.
Myersvandalay
Disguiser
Disguiser

Return to Feedback