"Attempting to link account"

Bugs reports for the Steam Client

"Attempting to link account"

Postby Aznpride925 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:31 pm

Hello, just bought the game on Steam, created a blank media games account, verified through email, and now when I load the game and try to link to existing steam account (I had tried to make the account initially through the game, by "login through steam" and create new ToS account, and it would not create) I am stuck at "Attempting to link account" which it sits at for an excessive amount of time without doing anything. I AM putting in my Blank Media Games account information, as when I tried to put in my Steam information it says that it is invalid.

I have closed and reopened steam.
I have uninstalled Town of Salem and reinstalled.

Even when I login to the game, with the ToS account, and attempt to play, it says I need to link to Steam, which I press Yes, and nothing happens.

Would like to resolve this rather than refund.
Aznpride925

Re: "Attempting to link account"

Postby Jerme » Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:02 pm

What happens when you click on "log in with Steam"?
Usually when nothign happens when prompted ingame to link, it means your Steam ID is linked to an other account.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Return to Steam Bug Reports