Need to be premium to play?

Ask questions you may have about the game here.

Need to be premium to play?

Postby cheerfulbritt » Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:27 pm

Hello! I created a account and I am super excited to play. I pressed the play button, but it said I need to upgrade my account to premuim, if that is so,I'm afraid I cannot play and that is super disapointing. I hope there is someone to help me out! Do you need to be premuim to play?
cheerfulbritt
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Re: Need to be premium to play?

Postby shapesifter13 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:02 pm

Yes, we are now a Pay to Play game, so a premium account is required for new users to play the game. We are sorry for the inconvenience. If you read the patch notes it will explain why this change was made.
shapesifter13
Developer
Developer

Postby cheerfulbritt » Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:22 pm

That is disappointing! I heard good things about this game and was very excited to play! Great job with the idea, but I think that you should add something so when registereing you account, you know this. Add a big note letting new users know that this game is not free. Big waste of time. Overall really disappointing and hopefully I can find a mafia game like this that is free, as I am not looking at paying for a game. Not a great idea as I spent hours looking for the reason why. Good luck with future development!
cheerfulbritt
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby cheerfulbritt » Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:43 pm

Quick question, I am REALLY considering buying an upgrade but I am wondering if I have to buy it every month to keep playing? Or is it a one time thing? Also, when I go on mobil, it says premium mobile, in the web it says premium web, if I buy on mobile can I still play on my pc (web)
cheerfulbritt
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby bluewave41 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:32 pm

cheerfulbritt wrote:Quick question, I am REALLY considering buying an upgrade but I am wondering if I have to buy it every month to keep playing? Or is it a one time thing? Also, when I go on mobil, it says premium mobile, in the web it says premium web, if I buy on mobile can I still play on my pc (web)

One time purchase. Once you purchase it you can play on all current (pc and mobile) and any new platforms.
bluewave41
Halloween 2017 Winner
Halloween 2017 Winner

Postby cheerfulbritt » Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:37 pm

Thanks for letting me know!!!
cheerfulbritt
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Achilles » Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:45 pm

cheerfulbritt wrote:Thanks for letting me know!!!

Thank you for being understanding. It seems like you will make a great addition to our community!
Achilles
Developer
Developer

Postby player187 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:53 pm

Hi,

I also have a question: do we need to buy premium before being able to buy coven? I already have an account that existed before the move to P2P, but am unable to buy coven without buying premium. I don't want to buy premium, and wish to only pay $5 instead of $10 for premium. Will BMG be allowing people to buy coven without buying premium? Premium frankly seems like a useless microtransaction that has no value to me, and I'd rather just be able to buy Coven directly. I've got no use for extra town points.
player187

Postby Descender » Fri Nov 23, 2018 1:42 pm

Coven is DLC and so you need to buy a premium account for it. I'm pretty sure that free coven weekend is now a thing, so you can use that while you either think over or save up for it.
Possibly known as TodaysStory
TG Frequenter and Host
she/her
Descender
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby shapesifter13 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 5:01 pm

player187 wrote:Hi,

I also have a question: do we need to buy premium before being able to buy coven? I already have an account that existed before the move to P2P, but am unable to buy coven without buying premium. I don't want to buy premium, and wish to only pay $5 instead of $10 for premium. Will BMG be allowing people to buy coven without buying premium? Premium frankly seems like a useless microtransaction that has no value to me, and I'd rather just be able to buy Coven directly. I've got no use for extra town points.

Coven was always meant to be a $10 purchase. Premium was born out of the fact that Steam was already a $5 purchase, so a Web and Mobile premium purchase was made that was required before buying Coven.
shapesifter13
Developer
Developer

Postby itaicool » Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:00 am

VinchVehide wrote:I am very disappointed to find out you need to buy premium to play the game. I have played this before a while ago, but now it seems you have to pay to play. I am very disappointed about this and I have lost all interest in the game now. Maybe in the future if I have enough money buy it I might, but their are other things I can be spending my money on and it is not going to be on a game that was once free.

If you already played it your account should be grandfathered meaning you don't have to pay to play. Only new users need to pay.
itaicool
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby itaicool » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:00 pm

You should be. I think that you should try to contact a mod.
itaicool
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby Jerme » Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:57 am

meru wrote:
obliviousgamer1 wrote:Tried to return to this game, didn't play for a couple years, and I was not grandfathered in. Is this a mistake how can I get this fixed?

I came back to find I wasn't either. Though it has been years since I played. I played it when it first came out too. Such a disappointment.

You should have been grandfathered in, as you have played two games as far as I've seen.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Return to Ask Questions