5 Mafia in Chaos mode...

Leave your suggestions about the game here!

5 Mafia in Chaos mode...

Postby SnowGlaceon » Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:37 am

Has this been mentioned by anyone? I've been in loads of games of chaos, both as a townie and as a mafia member now, and this just seems a bit too strong.

Most of these games end with a five mafia majority. I feel like you have to rely on the arsonist, jailor, mayor, WW or SK to take some of them out to even have a shot. The VIG usually won't shoot, or takes out a townie, in my experiences, then gets hated on. The witch/survivor and amnesiac also frequently join the 'dark' side too.

I personally think 4 should be a max limit. You get 15 people with a MAX of 5 mafia in a game. Town usually fight over themselves too much. I actually find the mayor is the only role who can bring a town together, and that just starts off mayor games. Does anyone else feel the same?

I personally think the Consig and GF are the worst of these. Though, the latter is technically a big boss so that makes sense. I laugh when I get Consig because I just roll the answers off to the godfather/Mafioso and watch people die.

Does anyone else agree? :/ (EDIT: I put this here instead of discussion because it's about nerfing the mafia. Balance enquiry.)
SnowGlaceon
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Re: 5 Mafia in Chaos mode...

Postby Jerme » Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:44 am

It is called CHAOS for a reason.
I had games with 0 Mafia, or only 1-2. It happens. That is what makes All Any that fun in my opinion.
Also: 5 Mafia is the current softcap. It was already lowered from 6 some patches ago, so it was worse before~
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby SnowGlaceon » Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:09 am

You could have 6?!

Yeah, I just played a few normal games and realised how it's the opposite in normal mode. Or ranked practice.

But I've never seen 0 mafia in all of my games.
SnowGlaceon
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Jerme » Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:20 am

All Any is the mostly played mode of me, so I have 1,5k+ gmaes of this mode. 0 Mafia occurred at least once, though.
Now the maximum of Mafia is lowered to 5, but 6 were once possible.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby murat1996 » Sun Jul 24, 2016 12:15 pm

6 mafia could have still lost depending on the roles and all.
33-40-3 : My FM Record

Hosted: VFM13

My discord is fluffymurat#2318 if you really want it I guess...it's now a legacy name.

My discord is just fluffymurat
murat1996
[Forum Mafia X] Winner
[Forum Mafia X] Winner

Postby LevinSnakesRise » Sun Jul 24, 2016 12:26 pm

murat1996 wrote:6 mafia could have still lost depending on the roles and all.

I've seen this happen plenty of times. We had two Investigators, a Vig, and a Jailor leading the Town basically. Once both invests found one-another, they started sharing their info in whispers. Whispered Jailor as to who to jail, and Vig who to shoot.
Please contact BMG with any questions regarding your account issues;
support@blankmediagames.zendesk.com

Thanks.
LevinSnakesRise
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby RetralMega » Sun Jul 24, 2016 1:15 pm

With Amnesiacs, you can have 14 Mafia.
RetralMega
Patron
Patron

Postby murat1996 » Sun Jul 24, 2016 2:14 pm

RetralMega wrote:With Amnesiacs, you can have 14 Mafia.

That seems improbable.
33-40-3 : My FM Record

Hosted: VFM13

My discord is fluffymurat#2318 if you really want it I guess...it's now a legacy name.

My discord is just fluffymurat
murat1996
[Forum Mafia X] Winner
[Forum Mafia X] Winner

Postby mdb1023 » Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:56 pm

murat1996 wrote:

That seems improbable.

It is. In order to have 14 Mafia, you would need 5 Mafia, 1 Mafia to die and 9 amnesiacs remembering that role. Pretty sure it would be impossible, because the game would end day 2 with Mafia auto win since there's no opposition. Additionally, it's impossible for a Mafia to die night 1 in that case because there is no opposition.

I think murat's point was that it is possible to break the soft cap for Mafia with numerous amnesiacs. I have yet to see this happen myself, but i don't doubt that it has happened.
Discord: Finn#5059

http://www.twitch.tv/mikeakafinn?sr=a

Do you like Mafia? You'll love Survivor, and and we're hosting games of them all the time! It's super easy to join and learn how to play, and the best part is- it's all on discord! Join the Finnvivor discord server to see when signups for a new game go up! Click here to join the server or DM me on discord for details! !
mdb1023
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Location: At work, rehearsal, or finishing whatever I pushed off to the last minute this time.

Postby monkeymacman » Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:00 pm

mdb1023 wrote:
murat1996 wrote:

That seems improbable.

It is. In order to have 14 Mafia, you would need 5 Mafia, 1 Mafia to die and 9 amnesiacs remembering that role. Pretty sure it would be impossible, because the game would end day 2 with Mafia auto win since there's no opposition. Additionally, it's impossible for a Mafia to die night 1 in that case because there is no opposition.

I think murat's point was that it is possible to break the soft cap for Mafia with numerous amnesiacs. I have yet to see this happen myself, but i don't doubt that it has happened.

Mafia could die n1 by leaving, Then of course town could have 1 of anything and then 13 alive mafia v 1 town. Possibilities. Then because the townie will by chance be vet and every single mafia visits town will win.perfect. 13 kills in one night
monkeymacman
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby mdb1023 » Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:05 pm

It's called "All Any," it's not supposed to be fair.
Discord: Finn#5059

http://www.twitch.tv/mikeakafinn?sr=a

Do you like Mafia? You'll love Survivor, and and we're hosting games of them all the time! It's super easy to join and learn how to play, and the best part is- it's all on discord! Join the Finnvivor discord server to see when signups for a new game go up! Click here to join the server or DM me on discord for details! !
mdb1023
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Location: At work, rehearsal, or finishing whatever I pushed off to the last minute this time.

Postby LauraTheSssnake » Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:03 am

The thing with Chaos is that the point of it is, well, there is chaos. It's like the real world, one will always overpopulate/outrank the other and the other side has to fight.
I just finished a game with the only mafia/neutral killing roles being Mafioso, Consig, Forger and SK. I was forger but got bumped up to mafioso on day two or three because the mafioso got shot by the vet and the consig was killed by SK. Every other role except the Mafia and SK was town, meaning it was basically 11 > 4 (I know, maf doesn't win with SK, but I was including SK because it's basically towns largest enemy). It was unfair, but the point of the game was to try and get to the top and have a challenge. Mafia still lost though, didn't help that mafia was full of noobs xD.
I've seen people put their favourite roles here so I may as well. Also, mine are rather out of the ordinary xD
Favourite roles: Witch (Yes, I'm weird like that), Spy and WW
Least favourite roles: Surv, Amne, Retri and Arso
LauraTheSssnake
Jester
Jester

Postby alex1234321 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:31 pm

Surprisingly, only 39% of games have five Mafia. If the cap got reduced to four, 61% of games would have four Mafia. I like All Any because of its variety, and there would be less variety if the cap got reduced to four. Also, All Any is meant to be chaotic, not balanced. (although it is more balanced than you would think)
#SaveTheTG

Tired of trying to play discord Mafia games and not getting enough people? Join Town of Morons! We now have our own bot!

Credit to PurpleSidewalk1
alex1234321
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Return to Suggestions