Dangan Rompa Rule /Explanation Thread

Subforum for the popular Dangan Ronpa forum games.

Dangan Rompa Rule /Explanation Thread

Postby LordofFail » Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:20 pm

OK - I have no idea how to play this game at all, and the main reason I got kicked from DR VI was a result of false assumptions because I have no idea how to play or what is going on.

So, can somebody please explain how the game works, in detail?

Note that I have never played the Dangan Ronpa game and have not read any of the threads. I know absolutely nothing about DR.
Last edited by LordofFail on Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"The Hardest Game to Win is a Won Game"

~~ Emanuel Lasker ~~

Mystery Link
LordofFail
[Forum Mafia I] Winner
[Forum Mafia I] Winner

Re: Dangan Rompa Rule Thread

Postby Nellyfox » Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:21 pm

What's Dangan Rompa ?
Nellyfox
[Forum Mafia V] Winner
[Forum Mafia V] Winner

Postby LordofFail » Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:21 pm

nellyfox wrote:What's Dangan Rompa ?

Oh, aren't you just the best comedian ever. I'm laughing so hard at that. If you couldn't tell, I was really not impressed by what happened in DR VI. So lets just get some things straight, starting with the rules and the way the game works, all the way down to the minor details that are considered to be common knowledge to all players.

~~ Emanuel Lasker ~~

Mystery Link
LordofFail
[Forum Mafia I] Winner
[Forum Mafia I] Winner

Postby Nellyfox » Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:25 pm

LordofFail wrote:

Oh, well arent we all comedians today?

Trying to be a comedian in situations like this is what I try to do. :x
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danganronpa <- I looked at this first before joining DRIV and then followed DRIVA. All the games here seem to have different mechanics with one in common...kill someone and get away with it.
Nellyfox
[Forum Mafia V] Winner
[Forum Mafia V] Winner

Postby LordofFail » Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:27 pm

nellyfox wrote:
LordofFail wrote:

Oh, well arent we all comedians today?

Trying to be a comedian in situations like this is what I try to do. :x
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danganronpa <- I looked at this first before joining DRIV and then followed DRIVA. All the games here seem to have different mechanics with one in common...kill someone and get away with it.

And how do you kill? How do you move? What are the roles or tasks or whatever that you can have? How do you perform actions? When do you post in the thread and when do you communicate through PMs? Are you working as individuals or in groups?

~~ Emanuel Lasker ~~

Mystery Link
LordofFail
[Forum Mafia I] Winner
[Forum Mafia I] Winner

Postby Nellyfox » Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:29 pm

LordofFail wrote:And how do you kill? How do you move? What are the roles or tasks or whatever that you can have? How do you perform actions? When do you post in the thread and when do you communicate through PMs? Are you working as individuals or in groups?

I am feeling so much deja vu.

No roles/tasks unless it's a mechanic that's specific to a certain game. You preform actions at night via PM. Kill however you like, really. You post on the thread during intermission/investigation/trial phases...basically every phase except night. Communicate via PMs at night with the moderator. You can work alone or with groups but I'd say alone is probably better.
But I've never played the actual game, so I'm not the best person to ask.
Nellyfox
[Forum Mafia V] Winner
[Forum Mafia V] Winner

Postby LordofFail » Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:31 pm

nellyfox wrote:
LordofFail wrote:And how do you kill? How do you move? What are the roles or tasks or whatever that you can have? How do you perform actions? When do you post in the thread and when do you communicate through PMs? Are you working as individuals or in groups?

I am feeling so much deja vu.

No roles/tasks unless it's a mechanic that's specific to a certain game. You preform actions at night via PM. Kill however you like, really. You post on the thread during intermission/investigation/trial phases...basically every phase except night. Communicate via PMs at night with the moderator. You can work alone or with groups but I'd say alone is probably better.
But I've never played the actual game, so I'm not the best person to ask.

Then why are you answering? -__-

Oh, and the game has phases? How many phases? What are they? What do you do in each phase that distinguishes it from the other phases?

~~ Emanuel Lasker ~~

Mystery Link
LordofFail
[Forum Mafia I] Winner
[Forum Mafia I] Winner

Postby Nellyfox » Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:38 pm

LordofFail wrote:Then why are you answering? -__-

Oh, and the game has phases? How many phases? What are they? What do you do in each phase that distinguishes it from the other phases?

Is the answer I'm trying to help you acceptable ?

Intermission, Night, Investigation, Trial is what happened in DRIV. Intermission is basically...audience can give thoughts and basically day 1 of FM. Night is like roaming of VLDR. Investigation is where you can explore to find clues of who murdered the most recently killed person. Trial is basically the voting phase...no more investigating, put what you have found together for a killer.
Nellyfox
[Forum Mafia V] Winner
[Forum Mafia V] Winner

Re: Dangan Rompa Rule /Explanation Thread

Postby Arckas » Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:40 pm

Rules:
-Only one death per day, even if you say that you say that you wanna murder someone. I will either put in random for a number for the victim/murderer on Random.org
-If innocent people finds who killed the victim, the killer dies.
-(I changed from the game) If the killer is not found, one person dies in the place of the killer. (The perp doesn't die unless they are chosen.)
-I will be making the evidence. I will be also describing the room, so that you can choose where you think the evidence is or I can put where the evidence is.
-The person who is last wins. (You cannot win with anyone else.)
-You can make up your own Ultimate name for your character. (Example is I am the Ultimate DR Host)
-There are no roles, just people trying to survive.

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=3143&p=25598#p25598
(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)
Arckas
Vampire
Vampire

Postby LordofFail » Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:42 pm

nellyfox wrote:
LordofFail wrote:Then why are you answering? -__-

Is the answer I'm trying to help you acceptable ?

Intermission, Night, Investigation, Trial is what happened in DRIV. Intermission is basically...audience can give thoughts and basically day 1 of FM. Night is like roaming of VLDR. Investigation is where you can explore to find clues of who murdered the most recently killed person. Trial is basically the voting phase...no more investigating, put what you have found together for a killer.

I appreciate the help, but I would like answers from someone who is 100% sure of their answers. I dont want to be at the center of another shitstorm.

~~ Emanuel Lasker ~~

Mystery Link
LordofFail
[Forum Mafia I] Winner
[Forum Mafia I] Winner

Postby LordofFail » Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:42 pm

Arckas wrote:Rules:
-Only one death per day, even if you say that you say that you wanna murder someone. I will either put in random for a number for the victim/murderer on Random.org
-If innocent people finds who killed the victim, the killer dies.
-(I changed from the game) If the killer is not found, one person dies in the place of the killer. (The perp doesn't die unless they are chosen.)
-I will be making the evidence. I will be also describing the room, so that you can choose where you think the evidence is or I can put where the evidence is.
-The person who is last wins. (You cannot win with anyone else.)
-You can make up your own Ultimate name for your character. (Example is I am the Ultimate DR Host)
-There are no roles, just people trying to survive.

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=3143&p=25598#p25598

Thanks

~~ Emanuel Lasker ~~

Mystery Link
LordofFail
[Forum Mafia I] Winner
[Forum Mafia I] Winner

Postby Nellyfox » Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:42 pm

Arckas wrote:snip

Not necessarily the case.
Hosts do have standard rules but they have their own as well. Like Sarah's game doesn't have Ultimates and I believe she said three people will win, not just one.
I'm also pretty sure if anyone kills and gets away with it...they win automatically ? Or do they just get immunity of sorts ?
Nellyfox
[Forum Mafia V] Winner
[Forum Mafia V] Winner

Postby enderitem » Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:44 pm

nellyfox wrote:

Hosts do have standard rules but they have their own as well. Like Sarah's game doesn't have Ultimates and I believe she said three people will win, not just one.
I'm also pretty sure if anyone kills and gets away with it...they win automatically ? Or do they just get immunity of sorts ?

Pretty much everything depends on the game.

If you get away with a kill in Dragon's game, you get a Vest.
In my game, you get a cure.
In Hip's game, you get immunity.

The core aspect doesn't change though. People will kill each other at night.
enderitem
FM Awards: Creator
FM Awards: Creator

Postby Arckas » Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:46 pm

nellyfox wrote:

Exactly the point.

This is the framework for the game entirely, and based on these principals we have made the game. If there is anything that needs to be changed, the moderator should include them in the OP. If you have any further questions, contact me or the moderator.
(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)
Arckas
Vampire
Vampire

Postby TheThief » Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:38 am

The game is based on the game:

The rules of the basics of the game are these:
-Intermission
This is for people to send in night actions. This is what I like to think of this as, "The Planning Period"
-Night Phase
This is where the killer and everyone else does whatever they want. This is sort of like FM without Mafia discussion. You usually find a group of people to chill with or you hide from the killer/become the killer.
-Investigator
Search for clues to find the killer. You see "whodunnit". You ask questions about places that might provide clues.
-Trial
Gather alibis and find out "whodunnit". Usually, you find out the killer pretty easily unless they are cunning.
-Execution
Each person gets executed in a way that is related to their talents. It is suppose to be very ironic in their deaths.
A gay man who appreciates the artistic value in innuendos and bad jokes.
TheThief
[Forum Mafia II] Winner
[Forum Mafia II] Winner

Return to Dangan Ronpa