My Strange way to play Arsonist

Discuss the newest strategies involving the game in a professional manner and spread your knowledge

My Strange way to play Arsonist

Postby Descender » Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:52 pm

I just douse people until I gotten everyone, but if someone calls me out as bg,gf,arso I say I'm doc and I must be doused. This strat never failed me. Any better ideas?
Possibly known as TodaysStory
TG Frequenter and Host
she/her
Descender
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Re: My Strange way to play Arsonist

Postby JoltikIsDubby » Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:38 pm

One time, confirmed invest checked me as Arso and I tried to claim doused doc. I literally said "he was confirmed invest, why wouldn't I just claim BG" and I still got lynched, I still don't understand why.

I don't remember what mode this was, I think it was classic all any (which would explain this tbh).
Hi. I'm an enormous wild card. About half of the time, I'll carry. The other half of the time, I'll be 5 IQ. Half of the time, I'll play super aggressively. The other half, I'll play it really safely.

Last updated: 21:28 EST, 1/23/19
FORUM MAFIA
3 Wins - 2 Losses - 0 DNF - 2 iP
Spoiler: Image
JoltikIsDubby
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby Mathelete » Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:08 am

Why would you wait to get everyone? You should wait to get all except one.
Mathelete
Janitor
Janitor

Postby kyuss420 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:41 am

I claim investigator, then tell everyone I visit they are BG/GF/Arso, therefore they must be doused, then sit back and watch the panic, as you are now confirmed investi and they want the real arso lynched ASAP. Seems to work well, as long as other evils dont hit you, find you immune and call you out via death notes, (best to ignite after being attacked), also need to fake panic yourself, and push on people to make them suspect as the arso.
goosegoosegoosegoosegoose
Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image
kyuss420
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby fwogcarf » Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:54 pm

how in the hell did you get away with that so many times
Spoiler: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1M79vYZu-WIKrW0WQ0pCISBq66DeBfSir5T7RCuy0OWY/edit?usp=sharing
We are creators of our own future

We are supporters of forces against despair

We defend against the evils of the world

We are guardians, we are strong
fwogcarf
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby Descender » Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:36 am

JoltikIsDubby wrote:One time, confirmed invest checked me as Arso and I tried to claim doused doc. I literally said "he was confirmed invest, why wouldn't I just claim BG" and I still got lynched, I still don't understand why.

I don't remember what mode this was, I think it was classic all any (which would explain this tbh).

I did it in classic all any until I got coven a few weeks ago.

Mathelete wrote:Why would you wait to get everyone? You should wait to get all except one.

My bad, I do that unless there is a ww who I forgot to douse.

kyuss420 wrote:I claim investigator, then tell everyone I visit they are BG/GF/Arso, therefore they must be doused, then sit back and watch the panic, as you are now confirmed investi and they want the real arso lynched ASAP. Seems to work well, as long as other evils dont hit you, find you immune and call you out via death notes, (best to ignite after being attacked), also need to fake panic yourself, and push on people to make them suspect as the arso.

I used to do this, but people get sus that you are visited all the doused.
fwogcarf wrote:how in the hell did you get away with that so many times

s c i e n c e
TG Frequenter and Host
she/her
Descender
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby oddluck » Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:35 pm

Just douse the Jailor twice or more so the Lookout can confirm you as a TP
oddluck
Witch
Witch

Postby Descender » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:30 am

You don't always know who jailor is,
and in some modes (mostly the ones I play) there is a good chance there are none.
TG Frequenter and Host
she/her
Descender
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby EgyptFalcon » Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:16 pm

kyuss420 wrote:I claim investigator, then tell everyone I visit they are BG/GF/Arso, therefore they must be doused, then sit back and watch the panic, as you are now confirmed investi and they want the real arso lynched ASAP. Seems to work well, as long as other evils dont hit you, find you immune and call you out via death notes, (best to ignite after being attacked), also need to fake panic yourself, and push on people to make them suspect as the arso.

You aren't "confirmed" until your targets are ignited. But if you claim doused before that everyone will know you weren't doused when you ignite. Before you're "confirmed" finding BG/GF/Arso over and over is actually extremely suspicious just like Framer/HM finding suspicious over and over.

What I do is scumread and claim sheriff VERY EARLY and find mafia VERY EARLY. If you get it wrong you can claim they were framed or act like executioner but if you're talkative enough you'll get by. And if you get it right you'll be confirmed sheriff and can claim doused until you ignite when you have everybody except for one, two, or three people. If you know the alignments of the people you're dousing, you can take advantage of the fact that town will give you a tiebreaker for your ballsy strategies (you can win in a 2v1v1 this way).

This strategy will end up getting you killed a fair percentage of the time, but almost anything is better than the abysmal winrate of NK in general. And when you do get confirmed you get left alone all game.
Check out my best role ideas:
Doomsayer (TK)
Kleptomaniac (NE)
Riddler (MK)
EgyptFalcon
Spy
Spy

Return to Strategic Discussion