VFR d2 is a stupid tatic

Discuss the newest strategies involving the game in a professional manner and spread your knowledge

VFR d2 is a stupid tatic

Postby PrincessHonoka » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:58 pm

If a town investigative finds someone, sure, go ahead and vote. But in a lot of my games people vote from 1 or 15. I'm in Master ELo, circling around 2400, and even still people do not understand how dumb this is.

No matter how many games I watch as town crumbles apart because of this strat, people tell me it's fullproof.Town is not going to lose just because an evil didn't get voted d2, yet people act like it is.

The only good I can see coming out of it is a town gets lynched in a way of helping evils slightly. But other than that I disagree with random voting.

Like what is the point of sherifs, investigators, and even lookouts if people don't want TI info?

After d2 I say go right ahead, at that point town is starting to crumble.

And there may be a small case for this in a serial killer game, but even then I'm not voting d2.

I mean if you want to win as town it's a dumb strat that people glorify. If you want to lose as town, go right ahead and do this.

Again, I say from the third day on things are alittle more settled and ti's should have more info. But d2 if ti's don't have info, don't just lynch anyone.

And yes, VFR is different from vote for lynch, but in my games, they're the same thing.

And furthermore, I am master elo. Thhat's right. The best players in the game think it's start to lynch townies d2.
PrincessHonoka
Witch
Witch

Re: VFR d2 is a stupid tatic

Postby kyuss420 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:55 am

just claim your role BEFORE you get voted up....you dont get lynched, easy as that, then TIs have valuable information and can perform their job better, giving more valuable information to town, like, instead of checking the jailor or vet claim, sheriff or investi can check a non claimer.

So you are saying, doing nothing for 2 nights except visiting random people, or saying nothing for a day doesnt help evils???
goosegoosegoosegoosegoose
Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image
kyuss420
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby Ben4lyfe » Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:30 pm

Never been in Master level, if this is what it's like, I'm happy with playing casual xD
toz means fart in Arabic.

Just thought everyone should know.
Ben4lyfe
Benefactor
Benefactor

Postby kyuss420 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:06 am

JoyDecision wrote:people who don't put the time into a game don't deserve to win. if you're content to watch the game get solved for you, i suggest you take a look at your view of the world.

So you prefer the do nothing until Mafia are 1-2 days away from majority, then get people to start claiming strat? The only difference I see is that mafia have the advantage when town claims late, as they have more role slots to hide in, early game, until they gain majority. Chances are they will also randomly hit the important roles, like jailor or TPs before any town has claimed, As TIs are busy checking other townies instead of suspects under role disputes, and TPs are busy protecting maf or self vesting instead of protecting jailor or mayor.

Its not about having the game solved for you, its about working together as a faction, except as town you dont know the other members of your faction from the word go. The sooner you can work together, the bigger advantage you have. The later you start working together the more favourable it is for mafia/NK/NE. End of the day, youre gonna have to claim and work together at some stage, much easier, for town, to do it earlier, staying silent doesnt protect you from mafia, it puts a target on you, cos you obviously have something to hide, makes you sus to your own faction and closes the majority margin that town need to win.

TL:DR VFR is a good tactic, but just because you VFR, you dont HAVE to lynch someone
goosegoosegoosegoosegoose
Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image
kyuss420
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby Betelgeuse44 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:52 am

VFR day 2 is a good tactic. Diamond elo doesn't mean anything on viability of tactics when a massive elo spread occurs in every game.
Betelgeuse44
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby itslitatthenightsh0w » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:44 pm

I'm also in the master ranks, and my strategy is to say my role day one, even as scum. You can fake claim as well. No one ever suspects someone who says their role day one because they are confirmed town. Then from their you can lead the vfr.
CALL ME ITSLITATTHENIGHTSH0W, BECAUSE I'M LIT (AT THE NIGHT SHOW)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yA6W2pOi3XY
itslitatthenightsh0w
Witch
Witch

Postby Descender » Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:00 pm

I disagree, VFR is a bad tactic just in general.
Possibly known as TodaysStory
TG Frequenter and Host
she/her
Descender
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby foggyartsit3 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:50 am

Helicooler wrote:I disagree, VFR is a bad tactic just in general.
I agree with you 100%. The only problem is that's wrong.

Does anyone remember the jailor meta? The one that worked in large part from acquiring information through VFR. What if I told you that in any game with a SK/WW, or any leaving NK, the jailor meta is not only viable but the best solution to secure a town win.

VFR is good and jailor meta being viable in 2/3 of the games should show you that hardly anything has changed and that voting 1-15 is a confirmed town win.
living your best life despite knowing that your life couldn't have unfolded any other way is the most effective condemnation of the nature of reality. Done by complying with it in its entirety. Be your best self, you don't have a choice either way.
~A rather optimistic determinist
foggyartsit3
Survivor
Survivor

Return to Strategic Discussion