Best tip you'll ever encounter.

Discuss the newest strategies involving the game in a professional manner and spread your knowledge

Best tip you'll ever encounter.

Postby Ecoste » Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:02 pm

KEEP A LAST WILL
Godfather? Keep a LW.
Serial Killer? Keep a LW.
Useless Medium? Keep a LW. (On a separate note, I think Medium should be changed in classic mode to another role. Lots of people leave.)

I can not exaggerate how many times a LW has saved my ass, and how many of my false accusations have succeeded because I simply copy pasted my LW.

Steps to keeping a tidy and believable LW:

1. Choose what false role you're going to pretend in your LW. I find Sheriff or Investigator easiest.

2. Make sure your LW is neatly formatted.

N1- John Smith = SK/Doc

OR

N1 John Smith [SK/Doc]

3. Make sure you keep your LW updated and try to keep it accurate. Keep your LW dynamic.

- I usually update my LW right after the first night and pretend that I've investigated the person who died. People will see that the info is accurate. Don't put down too many dead people.

- Don't forget to check your LW after someone died to make sure you don't have them written down as the wrong role.

4. Going back to the last point, do try and not put down too many town roles because if you get a role wrong then the actual person with the role won't support you. Insert some one or two "role blocked" if you find it fit.

6. Use your LW. Many people don't spill their LW when getting lynched. Also, don't forget to accuse random people and then copy paste your LW with their name being the last one investigated. Some times you even guess correct and you're golden. Works like a charm.

5. If all goes bad, accuse who you think your team's opponent is. This usually doesn't work since people will see that you lied before with your LW, but it still works sometimes.

Have fun winning games!
Ecoste
Donor
Donor

Re: Best tip you'll ever encounter.

Postby Keagle » Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:18 pm

The strategy works sometimes, but if the town is smart enougth it will only work if you claimed investigator(Make sure to have randoms) end-game when you kinda know everyone's roles, because sheriff is easier to lie so that would make you more of an suspect. You migth want to say one of your mafia members possible roles as well to make yourself less suspicious, if they are alive.(I faked wills before)
Keagle
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby fleja » Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:00 am

Keagle wrote:The strategy works sometimes, but if the town is smart enougth it will only work if you claimed investigator(Make sure to have randoms) end-game when you kinda know everyone's roles, because sheriff is easier to lie so that would make you more of an suspect. You migth want to say one of your mafia members possible roles as well to make yourself less suspicious, if they are alive.(I faked wills before)

Maybe, maybe not.
fleja

Postby Near94 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:43 pm

If you want to do metagaming or just be a decent player, there is ONE simple rule! Make full use of every tool you got:

1. INTERNAL INFO {graveyard, role list, chat, last will (and death note, e.g. to reveal immunes <.<) ...}
2. EXTERNAL INFO {wiki "roles" page (and blankmedia "roles" page, e.g. to read the role attributes of your choice to the jailor <.<) ...}
3. YOUR INPUT {your brain --> analyzing every visible action of every person as efficiently as possible and acting based on results, knowledge, estimated probabilites, ...}
Near94
Humanitarian
Humanitarian

Postby LeScraf » Sat Nov 01, 2014 12:08 pm

I would use this but you ordered it (1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 5)

.: No Use >:(
LeScraf
Consigliere
Consigliere

Postby ItsSplit » Sat Nov 01, 2014 1:43 pm

I keep a last will.Sadly people will not read sometimes :/
Image thx Burgy
ItsSplit
Retributionist
Retributionist

Location: Under the Christmas tree in an Asylum For Insane Hedgehogs

Postby Kinsley » Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:27 pm

ItsSplit wrote:I keep a last will.Sadly people will not read sometimes :/

The best tip I can give to that is to keep a will brief and concise. Most of the time, I've seen it work because no one will bother to read a will that's a paragraph long. I certainly don't mind.
Do you really want to know whether I'm a

Good Witch or a Bad Witch?
Kinsley
Disguiser
Disguiser

Postby ItsSplit » Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:45 pm

Kinsley wrote:
ItsSplit wrote:I keep a last will.Sadly people will not read sometimes :/

The best tip I can give to that is to keep a will brief and concise. Most of the time, I've seen it work because no one will bother to read a will that's a paragraph long. I certainly don't mind.

It is brief actually,just occasionally you get a very stupid town :3
Image thx Burgy
ItsSplit
Retributionist
Retributionist

Location: Under the Christmas tree in an Asylum For Insane Hedgehogs

Postby Gobln » Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:38 am

Ecoste wrote:
Useless Medium? Keep a LW. (On a separate note, I think Medium should be changed in classic mode to another role. Lots of people leave.)

They should instead buff Medium (Combine with retributionist, make both the roles more interesting)
Gobln
Vampire Hunter
Vampire Hunter

Postby watchme1 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:02 am

How to last will eh?

How i do it -
"In game name *insert role*

*insertname* is immune

N1- John Proctor etc."

For spy however -
"name - role

Confirmed non-townie
Blah blah blah
Whispers
player number -> player number "Text"

etc.
FM Record - 26 Wins - 33 Losses - 7 Broke/Draw

Rip tosfm
watchme1
[Forum Mafia XIX] Winner
[Forum Mafia XIX] Winner

Postby Tribum » Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:39 am

Good tip, I was Framer but I made this fake last will pretending I was Medium and the Jailor believed it. :lol:
ImageImageImageImageImage
Tribum
Jester
Jester

Postby Segaco » Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:13 am

no, if they remove the medium, and you have important info, you have to tell the medium, if theres no medium, u r fked.
not everyone leaves, if people leave, and you are the medium, you have bad luck.
Segaco#3884
Segaco
Godfather
Godfather

Return to Strategic Discussion