Veteran strategy that baffles me

Discuss the newest strategies involving the game in a professional manner and spread your knowledge

Veteran strategy that baffles me

Postby PrincessHonoka » Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:59 pm

Just when I learn to execute executioners/jesters as jailor, a new veteran strategy crops up.

Don't know if it's actually new, and someone explained to me how this is supposed to work. However, in my particular game I don't think it was wise.

n1 The veteran killed the Mafioso and janitor/name was not in death note just something about making their wives husbandless
d2 The veteran does post the death note phrase, so maybe I should've clued in on that. But then he proceeds to claim that the dead told him that the spy I jailed n1 was mafia.

A) There were no dead n1 obviously
B) He accused someone that was pretty much guaranteed confirmed town, especially since the spy's argument in jail was too convincing to be blackmailer and the janitor was dead.
C) He did not put name in death note.

He also voted up the sheriff randomly but I didn't know the sheriff's role till later.

Now let's litany the reasoning behind this.

He clearly was hoping an evil would visit him. But consider this:

Mafia already know he's veteran, there is only one of them left. Even if there had been a fourth mafia, why visit the vet n2 when you already lost your members n1?
Perhaps he thought the werewolf would visit. If the werewolf wants to win, killing someone acting like jester does not help that.

Now add to all of this that the spy called him exe. So here I am as jailor, with this goofball randomly accusing people, who didn't put his name in death note.

He already killed two mafia. What I don't understand is why he thought vet baiting like this would work when the entire town was alive, the mafia knew who he was, and the werewolf was around.

In another game I was spy but the veteran absolutely REFUSED to vote with town. They claimed mafia and then jester, when witch and jester were both dead. Then they kept voting up the confirmed doctor.

Town won both games so I guess it doesn't matter, but I honestly don't know what to do in these cases. And say in the second one, the vet refusing to vote with town. If you keep him alive and he continues to do so, the numbers will plummet and then will he still refuse to vote with town?

I know veterans want evils to visit, but somehow I don't think this is the way to do it, especially given that in the first case, he already killed half the evils that mattered (excluding the jester of course). He also said he was medium in a stupid fashion. I mean if he had claimed TI or something, I would have let it go. If he had not accused the spy, I would have let it go.

But he did both of those things, and claiming that the "dead spoke to me" on a night when there were no dead seems unwise to me.
PrincessHonoka
Witch
Witch

Re: Veteran strategy that baffles me

Postby Damafaud » Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:51 am

The first Veteran sounds like a troll.

The second one sounds like a gamethrower.

Those two didn't really use strategy. Claiming mafia as town WILL NOT make mafia visit. Don't follow their example.
Hi.
Toasts are nice. And cookies. COOKIES!

Damafaud
Consort
Consort

Re: Veteran strategy that baffles me

Postby alex1234321 » Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:37 am

In both of these games, the Veterans seemed to be jesting, a very good way to get shot by a Vigilante.
#SaveTheTG

Tired of trying to play discord Mafia games and not getting enough people? Join Town of Morons! We now have our own bot!

Credit to PurpleSidewalk1
alex1234321
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Return to Strategic Discussion