Voter role

Suggest new roles or changes to current roles for the game here.

What do you think about the role?

Poll ended at Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:46 am

Sounds fun.
17%
It won't work.
83%
Needs configuration , but it's a good idea.
No votes

Total votes : 6

Voter role

Postby Augus7 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:46 am

Role Name:Voter

Role Alignment:Neutral(Evil)

Abilities:-You are allowed to convert the town votes.You may use your abillity only two times.

Attributes:
If you help two evils escape the rope you win automatically.
If you help town to survive the rope you will lose your second convert.
If town lynches townie and you have lost your 2nd convert you will have it back.

Notifications:
Players are allowed to know that there is Voter in the game by system message at day one.

Goal:
Save two evils from lynching successfully.
Survive to see the town dead.

Win Conditions:
Wins with Mafia
Wins wtih Werewolf
Wins with Arsonist
Wins with Serial Killer

Special Attributes:
You can save yourself from lynch , by using both of your converts at once.

Investigator Results:
Sheriff - Your target is Suspicious
Investigator - Your target could be Framer,Jester,Vamp or Voter
Consigliere - Your target manipulates the voting.They must be a Voter.

Achievements:
The Evils Protector - Convert more than 9 votes into innocent.
The Judge Master - Convert more than 9 votes into guilty.
The Manipulator - Use your 2 converts on one day.
Vote Counter- Win 5 games as Voter.
Yin and Yang - Convert exact half of the votes into the opposite without any abstainers.
Vote Collector - Win 25 games as Voter.

Additional Information:
The Idea behind this role is that you have to think if the person that gets lynched is evil or town and if town decides he is Inno you can convert all the Inno votes into guilty so the townie will die.And the opposite for lynching evil if Sheriff finds Susp target and you trust that this Sheriff is legit you can then conver guilty votes into Inno and save evildoer.You can also act as Exe if evil gets lynched and you lose your second convert to try push townie and take your abillity back for late game.Also you can really change the game when it's late game and evils don't have majorty or town has mayor aswell.
VFR won't be so easy when Voter is spawned in the Town which will help evils too.

Lore:Will add later.
Last edited by Augus7 on Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Some make excuses , others make history.
Augus7
Jester
Jester

Re: Voter role

Postby Yosh1123 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:09 am

Town has 3 trials. If you inno down an evil twice, they'll just get lynched on the third trial. Never mind the vig/jailor that will just kill them at night.
Yosh1123
Civilian
Civilian

Postby Chemist1422 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:21 am

RI guidelines say no vote/chat manipulation. This breaks that guideline.
mist ~ she/her

i guess this is goodbye?
(still here for danganronpa i guess)

stop sending reports to me i'm not a tos game moderator
Chemist1422
FM Game Moderator
FM Game Moderator

Postby Augus7 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:15 pm

Yosh1123 wrote:Town has 3 trials. If you inno down an evil twice, they'll just get lynched on the third trial. Never mind the vig/jailor that will just kill them at night.

You know that you convert inno votes into guilty that doesn't mean the whole town will vote inno there might be people who will inno aswell or obstain and you don't know what
each players has chose to vote which can earn enough time + if Voter inno evil 2 times he won the game already and this is a evil who can vote with mafia and evils and give
fake info all day long and push townies after he won cause he won't care anymore if lynched or no and can win another day for evils to kill more townies.
Town can't afford to let him win so easy they might try to bluff by saying we will vote INNO and if Voter converts them they will go into Guilty and the evil will die.
Also they won't know on 100% that their votes are manipulated every time it's up to the Voter role to decide if he wants to use his ability or no.
Augus7
Jester
Jester

Postby Augus7 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:16 pm

Chemist1422 wrote:RI guidelines say no vote/chat manipulation. This breaks that guideline.

There is will manipulation in the game already , and Graveyard manipulation aswell.Why not vote manipulation if there is logic in the role and can be benefical to the gameplay? I think guidelines can be changed in some circumstances.
Also it says this : Vote/Chat Blocker - Any role that can block others from voting or chat.
My role doesn't block you from voting.
Augus7
Jester
Jester

Postby Bodhrak » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:53 pm

The reason behind the "no vote manipulation" rule is that this is a game of manipulation vs deduction.
If town is able to deduce an evil role and lynch them, you should not be able to take that away.

Your role even fails to do that - given that players know how they voted and will simply lynch again or let jailor execute the now confirmed evil.
The goal is also way to easy to meet. Just wait for a TI/will to out an evil, then turn the vote around. Town will start a second lynch, you will turn again and have won.
Contrary to your belief after winning you typically have only one further goal: You want the game to end as soon as possible.
You can do so by publicly claiming your win, so Maf and NK will ignore you.
You can do so by voting with anyone that tries to lynch (town, unless evils have mayority). You probably won't "save" anyone as that would just drag the game out even more.
You can call me Bod.
No, that's not my real name. Thanks for asking.
Bodhrak
Witch
Witch

Postby Augus7 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:44 pm

Bodhrak wrote:The reason behind the "no vote manipulation" rule is that this is a game of manipulation vs deduction.
If town is able to deduce an evil role and lynch them, you should not be able to take that away.

Your role even fails to do that - given that players know how they voted and will simply lynch again or let jailor execute the now confirmed evil.
The goal is also way to easy to meet. Just wait for a TI/will to out an evil, then turn the vote around. Town will start a second lynch, you will turn again and have won.
Contrary to your belief after winning you typically have only one further goal: You want the game to end as soon as possible.
You can do so by publicly claiming your win, so Maf and NK will ignore you.
You can do so by voting with anyone that tries to lynch (town, unless evils have mayority). You probably won't "save" anyone as that would just drag the game out even more.

Town has many roles that can kill confirmed Evils or block them from using their abilities or even block their attack , so by saying that taking away the option for town to not guilty a confirmed evil and execute him at night is wrong i think you are not right at this point cause this wins the game for the Voter and also gives other unconfirmed evils one more day to attack or don't claiming in jail which is good for them.Since town is at the moment strongly OP vs Mafia and NK's there is obviously something the developers needs to add to help the balance and ofcourse add a bit of fun in the game as well.And it's not like town will know when the votes will be manipulated cause the Voter can decide to save his skill for late game also when town VFR voter can change the game drastically since town will be scared to VFR.
Augus7
Jester
Jester

Postby Bodhrak » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:30 pm

Augus7 wrote:Since town is at the moment strongly OP vs Mafia and NK's there is obviously something the developers needs to add to help the balance and ofcourse add a bit of fun in the game as well.And it's not like town will know when the votes will be manipulated cause the Voter can decide to save his skill for late game also when town VFR voter can change the game drastically since town will be scared to VFR.

You aren't understanding what i wrote.
I'm saying that your role fails to do the one thing you try to make it: Help evils, hurt town.
Town will love getting this role.
For one thing it's announced D1 that you exist. This is great as (ranked) they now know there is no witch, exe, jester. That means Vig can claim openly. It means Sheriff claims will be taken seriously from the start. And so on.
For another thing your goal is NOT to help evils - it's simply to "save" evils twice. And this can be done easily, in just one day, (3 trials per day, they can even lynch their target after you won, like nothing happenend). Town has no reason to deny you that win, as doing so will only make you play against them.

Oh and should you fail to complete your goal - either because you wasted the ability or town wants do deny your win for whatever reason - you might as well leave. You are essentially a witch, that has no ability, no defense and no allies.
You can call me Bod.
No, that's not my real name. Thanks for asking.
Bodhrak
Witch
Witch

Postby Augus7 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:59 pm

Bodhrak wrote:
Augus7 wrote:Since town is at the moment strongly OP vs Mafia and NK's there is obviously something the developers needs to add to help the balance and ofcourse add a bit of fun in the game as well.And it's not like town will know when the votes will be manipulated cause the Voter can decide to save his skill for late game also when town VFR voter can change the game drastically since town will be scared to VFR.

You aren't understanding what i wrote.
I'm saying that your role fails to do the one thing you try to make it: Help evils, hurt town.
Town will love getting this role.
For one thing it's announced D1 that you exist. This is great as (ranked) they now know there is no witch, exe, jester. That means Vig can claim openly. It means Sheriff claims will be taken seriously from the start. And so on.
For another thing your goal is NOT to help evils - it's simply to "save" evils twice. And this can be done easily, in just one day, (3 trials per day, they can even lynch their target after you won, like nothing happenend). Town has no reason to deny you that win, as doing so will only make you play against them.

Oh and should you fail to complete your goal - either because you wasted the ability or town wants do deny your win ca for whatever reason - you might as well leave. You are essentially a witch, that has no ability, no defense and no allies.

It's not that simple and even if Vigilante shout out loud i am TK this still might be evil , same for the Sheriff claims.Also town can bluff the Voter by voting Guilty on a target that is INNO and if Voter manage to convert their votes into INNO he will lose his ability to save mafia.It will be just mindgames since town knows there is Voter in the game ,but they don't know when he will use his ability and also not every time town and evils vote all the same so it's a bit of mystery what is going to happend.
The goal is not only to save 2 evils from lynching which maybe sounds easy , but you don't know who are evils as Voter and can't be 100% sure when someone is lynched to be evil or not.Also this can really twist the game in a good way since a lot of the games town looks at how people vote and it helps them sort the evils easily, also Voter can fail using his ability right and then his 2nd goal is to survive till Town is lynched so he can also claim TI or other roles to manipulate the town.Yes this role can have some twist if it gets through at all , but i think it will really change the game if something similar is added.

Also i am think of a counter retri role for evils that have day ability to remove the Vote period once so there will be discussion period and if the role uses his day ability
it will be straight away night , so evils can attack again and town won't have time to act for this day.And the night ability for this role to be able to revive Evil role.
Augus7
Jester
Jester

Postby fwogcarf » Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:36 am

So basically when you save someone from death, the whole town knows that that person is now a confirmed evil, and is an easy jailor execution
Spoiler: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1M79vYZu-WIKrW0WQ0pCISBq66DeBfSir5T7RCuy0OWY/edit?usp=sharing
We are creators of our own future

We are supporters of forces against despair

We defend against the evils of the world

We are guardians, we are strong
fwogcarf
Retributionist
Retributionist

Return to Role Ideas