Racist pregame lobby spammer (matheusbanido)

Processed reports are sent here.

Moderator: Trial Judge

Racist pregame lobby spammer (matheusbanido)

Postby ripdisk » Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:33 pm

Hello, I'm bringing a rather unconventional report (no in-game report). I've observed a few lobbies in high elo ranked (2400+) that always has someone spamming racist pre-game lobby names and changing them quickly so that it would flood the chat. The problem with this is that it's almost impossible to determine who the player is, because before the game would start they would change their names. One thing to note is that however, due to the design of picking a name, you can pinpoint who the spammer was down to a certain few names, because he has to change his name before the game starts. This means that after his racist name change spam is over, one of the players that joined AFTER the racist spam must be the spammer.

I've taken it upon myself to take a few pictures of pre-game names and post-game names and try to match them up to see if there's a common player between them. The album below shows that a common player (matheusbanido) is likely responsible for the spam.

https://imgur.com/a/AwlDNoV

I've split the album into three games with two images each. The first image is the pre-game lobby, and the second is the post-game lobby.

In the very first image, you can see a spammer (kill D ______) [he spammed a lot more before btw, but you can't see] and then a few names joining after him. This means that the spammer must be Beijing Nia, plastic surgeon, ..., etc.. By following this logic throughout all three images, you can see the common player between this is mastheusbanido.

I'd like you to please check the pre-game chat logs and ban him as I wasn't sure if this appeared in trial reports (pretty sure it doesn't). Please let me know if you require additional information.
ripdisk
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Re: Racist pregame lobby spammer (matheusbanido)

Postby Meandrina » Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:23 am

Thanks for all the work you put into this. I personally can't do anything without an game report, but I have pushed this up to those that can. Going to leave the thread open for now and make sure it gets handled.
If you see them doing it again, report it with details saying he was using bad names in lobby and get another person to report it as well.
~Judge Emeritus~
Do you know all the game rules?? Check out the guide: http://bit.do/Juror-Guide

Have you played 150 games? Consider being a juror for the trial system: http://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start If you would like to join the Trial discord server, https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Meandrina
Mafioso
Mafioso

Postby TurdPile » Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:52 am

No hard evidence to go by here. Next time you see it happen, just have two people report you for something, then you can pull up the Trial logs and it'll be in black and white.
I have mostly rescinded my role as Admin.

All previous contact should instead be redirected to Flavorable.

If your inquiry doesn't directly have to do with Trial 2.0 or TrialBot, then please refrain from messaging.

Thank you.
TurdPile
Vampire
Vampire

Postby ripdisk » Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:02 am

It happened again but I couldn't find the report (not sure if anyone else reported). Is it not possible for you to go through the logs manually and filter by his account id, and see what names he joins the lobbies as?
ripdisk
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Galaktik » Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:39 pm

No, the trials system is rudimentary as fuck so they can't even punish for this anyways since it isn't logged even if there was a report. Unless they speak as the offensive name, they have no record of it. Just spam changing name is not logged.
I go by Deodat Lawson and Samuel Parris in ranked. Say hey if you see me! :)
Galaktik
Retributionist
Retributionist

Return to Closed Reports