The Public Test Realm.

The Public Test Realm.

Postby SonOfAMedic » Fri Oct 10, 2014 6:56 pm

http://www.blankmediagames.com/townofsalem/publictestrealm
inb4 this gets removed. Its just bugging me seeing this whole forum here, and nothing in it.
Welcome to the Public Test Realm.

In case the name of it didn't give it away, the Public Test Realm, or as it is commonly known, PTR, is where the Developers take any new features that they wish to add to the main Town of Salem game, and test them, using the community, for maintenance checks, glitch removal, and to see whether the community enjoys the new features, or dislikes them. If the features get through with their maintenance, experience no/minimal glitches, and the community highly enjoys the features, then the developers will add them to the main game.

The PTR is usually inaccessible until the developers wish to add new features. It is its own server after all. Having an entire server running when it isn't needed uses up a lot of CPU, bandwidth, etc. unnecessarily, so they only send it live when they need to. Otherwise, if you try to access the PTR, you will be given a 403 forbidden error. This is because they aren't actually using the PTR at this time, so there is no need for you to be there. (Move along, nothing to see here that kind of thing. :lol:)

Speaking of which, the PTR is its own server. Anything you do on the PTR will not carry over to the main server, and vice versa. This means that if you purchase 5,000 Town points in the PTR and earn 20 achievements, you just accomplished a whole lot of nothing! Those 5,000 Town points and 20 achievements probably won't even stay on the PTR, meaning they definitely won't carry over to the main game. So, please, don't spend any actual money on the PTR, because it'll be your loss.

At the time I am typing this, the PTR is not live, so don't try going there... it will lead you to the 403 I was talking about. (Believe me, I have it open in another tab while I'm typing this) But once it is live, please enjoy it and give your Feedback in this forum. The more feedback about the PTR you provide in this forum, the more the developers know what the people want, meaning they can make fixes or adjustments to the game and try and make everyone happy.

Thank you.
SonOfAMedic
Sheriff
Sheriff

Re: The Public Test Realm.

Postby iggyvolz » Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:14 pm

inb4 they open up the PTR just to invalidate this article.
Greatest failures/shitshows:
iggyvolz
Werewolf
Werewolf

Postby SonOfAMedic » Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:26 pm

iggyvolz wrote:inb4 they open up the PTR just to invalidate this article.

There is this magical little button that looks kinda like this. Image :lol:
SonOfAMedic
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby iggyvolz » Sun Nov 09, 2014 3:26 pm

OPEN
Greatest failures/shitshows:
iggyvolz
Werewolf
Werewolf