Grand Role Idea Salem

Talk about Forum Mafia feedback, suggestions, etc here.

Moderators: Varanus, FM Game Moderators

Grand Role Idea Salem

Postby Phone0Ix » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:20 am

Well we got this GIM idea, but it is mostly with strange ideas and stuff, and Invest would be broken at it, also it is very fm based.

What if there is a 'Grand Role Idea Salem'. In this mode, all joining players may submit 3 roleideas. Self made, or from the role idea category from either the forum, or the wiki. For ideas for own ideas, you can check both btw! So all players submit 3 roleideas and like 15 players could join with a rolelist Town of Salem could have (so no citizens so everyone got a night action and that is fun!), with normal ToS roles (non-coven, but with Marshal, Botanist, Tracker, Detective (Parity Cop), Double and Shade, because those roles are popular here and I think Tracker is very balanced) and the submitted role ideas. This will have many role option possibilities, so it still has a bit of the chaos part, but with very fun roles atleast, that are most likely balanced also!

The game could be played as a normal forum mafia game and I think I'll ask the balance team to put me on the queue once I got in 3 months (and then will wait like 3 ages because of the sfm queue that is longer than the travel from earth to the sun) but maybe other people think this is a very cool idea too.

Leave feedback and possibly suggestions to make this idea more cool!

Adjustment 1:

Roles that are unbalanced will need to be changed before being able to roll.
Last edited by Phone0Ix on Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Call me Phone Ig

Or Silver because of my old discord name. Or Mikan because of my new discord name. Or Julian as that's my actual name
Phone0Ix
[Forum Mafia XVII] Winner

Re: Grand Role Idea Salem

Postby ChubbyMooshroom9 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:22 am

JulianDeBeste wrote:Well we got this GIM idea, but it is mostly with strange ideas and stuff, and Invest would be broken at it, also it is very fm based.

What if there is a 'Grand Role Idea Salem'. In this mode, all joining players may submit 3 roleideas. Self made, or from the role idea category from either the forum, or the wiki. For ideas for own ideas, you can check both btw! So all players submit 3 roleideas and like 15 players could join with a rolelist Town of Salem could have (so no citizens so everyone got a night action and that is fun!), with normal ToS roles (non-coven, but with Marshal, Botanist, Tracker, Detective (Parity Cop), Double and Shade, because those roles are popular here and I think Tracker is very balanced) and the submitted role ideas. This will have many role option possibilities, so it still has a bit of the chaos part, but with very fun roles atleast, that are most likely balanced also!

The game could be played as a normal forum mafia game and I think I'll ask the balance team to put me on the queue once I got in 3 months (and then will wait like 3 ages because of the sfm queue that is longer than the travel from earth to the sun) but maybe other people think this is a very cool idea too.

So theypick

Hall of Fame
Spoiler:
Shino Thomson
Federico Decandia
Clayton (Briah)
Gebura Briah
ChubbyMooshroom9
FM Awards: Town

Postby Chemist1422 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:24 am

last time we had a theypick two of the scum got killed d1 and the other got modkilled, resigned, and lynched at the same time
mist ~ she/her

i guess this is goodbye?
(still here for danganronpa i guess)

stop sending reports to me i'm not a tos game moderator
Chemist1422
FM Game Moderator
FM Game Moderator

Postby Phone0Ix » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:25 am

ChubbyMooshroom9 wrote:
JulianDeBeste wrote:Well we got this GIM idea, but it is mostly with strange ideas and stuff, and Invest would be broken at it, also it is very fm based.

So theypick

What is theypick
Call me Phone Ig

Or Silver because of my old discord name. Or Mikan because of my new discord name. Or Julian as that's my actual name
Phone0Ix

Postby Varanus » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:25 am

Chemist1422 wrote:last time we had a theypick two of the scum got killed d1 and the other got modkilled, resigned, and lynched at the same time

I wonder who could manage such a feat
You were expecting a decent signature...

BUT IT WAS ME! DIO!
Varanus
FM Lead Moderator
FM Lead Moderator

Postby Phone0Ix » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:26 am

Chemist1422 wrote:last time we had a theypick two of the scum got killed d1 and the other got modkilled, resigned, and lynched at the same time

If there is a very powerful town killing that can kill 2 scum at the same time it obviously won't be accepted. And normal role ideas, so not roles that can be modkilled if not completing a mission and stuff
Call me Phone Ig

Phone0Ix

Postby ChubbyMooshroom9 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:31 am

JulianDeBeste wrote:

If there is a very powerful town killing that can kill 2 scum at the same time it obviously won't be accepted. And normal role ideas, so not roles that can be modkilled if not completing a mission and stuff

Than what's the point ny dude

Tho tbf scum werent gonna win they got a shit rand

Hall of Fame
Spoiler:
Shino Thomson
Federico Decandia
Clayton (Briah)
Gebura Briah
ChubbyMooshroom9

Postby Phone0Ix » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:32 am

ChubbyMooshroom9 wrote:
JulianDeBeste wrote:

The point of the idea is role ideas that are rejected by people for stupid reasons got a chance to roll and maybe they are very fun in a thing like Forum Mafia
Call me Phone Ig

Phone0Ix

Postby Chemist1422 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:34 am

JulianDeBeste wrote:
ChubbyMooshroom9 wrote:
JulianDeBeste wrote:

The point of the idea is role ideas that are rejected by people for stupid reasons got a chance to roll and maybe they are very fun in a thing like Forum Mafia

or they're just dumb like fake bomber or one shot parity cop
mist ~ she/her

i guess this is goodbye?

Chemist1422
FM Game Moderator
FM Game Moderator

Postby Phone0Ix » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:36 am

Chemist1422 wrote:
JulianDeBeste wrote:
ChubbyMooshroom9 wrote:
JulianDeBeste wrote:

or they're just dumb like fake bomber or one shot parity cop

Like you see in the 'adjustment 1' unbalanced roles aren't rolled unless changed. So the one shot parity cop would get a buff (also, Detective/Parity Cop is in already, so I wouldn't use a nerfed version from a role that is already in) and what is a fake bomber? Only role ideas for Town of Salem are used; you always get the right rolecard.
Call me Phone Ig

Phone0Ix

Postby non271103 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:21 pm

This will turn out like GIMPick

And we all know what happened
Official Member of the League of Losers™
Spoiler: Image
non271103
Survivor
Survivor

Postby Chemist1422 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:32 pm

non271103 wrote:This will turn out like RandomPick

And we all know what happened
mist ~ she/her

i guess this is goodbye?

Chemist1422
FM Game Moderator
FM Game Moderator

Postby lemonader666 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:14 am

So GIM
but half-organized
yeah that's gonna be a no for me dawg

you can email me at lemonader666@gmail.com if need be
lemonader666
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner

Postby milte345 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:52 pm

Varanus wrote:

Should just be better at the game
Maybe it'd be nice to stop thinking...

Spoiler: There would be an FM record here but I'm lazy
So instead have a Chen

milte345
FM Hunt Winner
FM Hunt Winner

Postby ChubbyMooshroom9 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:29 am

milte345 wrote:
Varanus wrote:

You made me side with my roll to ensure a reroll happened so the game was winnable for me

Thanks milte

Hall of Fame
Spoiler:
Shino Thomson
Federico Decandia
Clayton (Briah)
Gebura Briah
ChubbyMooshroom9

Postby milte345 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:35 am

ChubbyMooshroom9 wrote:
milte345 wrote:
Varanus wrote:

You made me side with my roll to ensure a reroll happened so the game was winnable for me

Thanks milte

Thank the players for making that one happen
Specifically Gent
Maybe it'd be nice to stop thinking...

Spoiler: There would be an FM record here but I'm lazy
So instead have a Chen

milte345
FM Hunt Winner
FM Hunt Winner

Return to FM Discussion