Reworks and Fixes that will Improve Overall Game Enjoyment

Leave your suggestions about the game here!

Reworks and Fixes that will Improve Overall Game Enjoyment

Postby WeroTheHero » Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:13 pm

u/Toastyzxm on Reddit
I compiled a list of everything that I believe will substantially fix the game and make it more fun to play

1) Ret Rework: Now takes 2 days to revive a Townie. The first morning, the game will go over those who died last night with the sad music as per usual. Then lastly the game will go over the dead body of the person the retributionist chose to start reviving the night before with a message “A Retributionist has started to resurrect [Player Name]!” The game will play a clock ticking noise to symbolize the Ret is working on the body (Instead of a bell chime). The ret will have to choose the same player the next night again, or choose to start working on reviving another player. If Ret is Rbed or Jailed, they will have to start over. Ret will also be able to bring back disguisers. Partial credit for this fix goes to u/imaginary_square .

2) Spy Rework: https://www.reddit.com/r/TownofSalemgam ... h=6dfb8f01 (Without the bug breaking because that’s a little confusing) It buffs all the random mafia and makes spy a more fun role to play as

3) Annoying Jailing Fix: If there is one mafia killing role left (GF or Mafioso) and if they are jailed twice in a row, at the start of the second night a Random Mafia will be promoted to mafioso.

4) Full Moon now on odd nights. Buffs WW

5) When the last Mafia killing role leaves the game, make it so a Random Mafia is promoted to mafioso at night so Mafia doesn’t waste a night

6) Take the Town Support off the role list and replace it with Random Town, because TS is just too confirmable! (Replacing TS with RT will ensure that there will be a lower chance of having multiple TS in game)

7) Make Mafia names Red in the chat, so you can keep track of who your buddies are!

8) Give NK more elo then they currently get for winning
WeroTheHero

Re: Reworks and Fixes that will Improve Overall Game Enjoyme

Postby Djaouida » Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:52 pm

WeroTheHero wrote:3) Annoying Jailing Fix: If there is one mafia killing role left (GF or Mafioso) and if they are jailed twice in a row, at the start of the second night a Random Mafia will be promoted to mafioso.

Because Mafioso is a unique role. What happens if the jailed mafia killing is a mafioso?
(There is no signature)
Djaouida
Veteran
Veteran

Postby MoustachioMario » Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:15 pm

Djaouida wrote:
WeroTheHero wrote:3) Annoying Jailing Fix: If there is one mafia killing role left (GF or Mafioso) and if they are jailed twice in a row, at the start of the second night a Random Mafia will be promoted to mafioso.

Because Mafioso is a unique role. What happens if the jailed mafia killing is a mafioso?

I think he was saying Mafioso gets promoted to godfather, and RM promotes into Mafioso

Or if godfather is jailed a rm promotes to mafioso
Games Won
Spoiler:
SFM63
The Godfather
[Survived]

Games Lost
Spoiler:
NFMNFM3
The Consigliere
[Lynched Day Four]
MoustachioMario
Doctor
Doctor

Postby orangeandblack5 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:41 pm

Personally, I think I've seen much better Spy and Retributionist reworks.

The other suggestions aren't too bad, though some of the weird promoting stuff could lead to some seriously odd scenarios or having multiple Mafiosos.

7 in particular would be great
Spoiler:
SwampRabbit wrote:your idea is that no town should ever be able to confirm themselves as town.

that is the dumbest idea I think I have heard.

ElderSivart wrote:I'm confused as to why BMG made a UI for Pirate and not Hypnotist.

Sarah Thorpe wrote:Role Ideas is great for masochists.
orangeandblack5
Halloween 2017 Winner
Halloween 2017 Winner

Postby MoustachioMario » Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:16 pm

orangeandblack5 wrote:Personally, I think I've seen much better Spy and Retributionist reworks.

The other suggestions aren't too bad, though some of the weird promoting stuff could lead to some seriously odd scenarios or having multiple Mafiosos.

Promotions would only happen if there is one killing mafia role

So if there is Godfather: A random mafia turns into mafioso
If there is Mafioso: Mafioso turns into GF and Random Mafia turns into Mafioso

It's not like jailor can jail to people at once :)
Games Won
Spoiler:
SFM63
The Godfather
[Survived]

Games Lost
Spoiler:
NFMNFM3
The Consigliere
[Lynched Day Four]
MoustachioMario
Doctor
Doctor

Postby DragonClaw66 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:50 pm

WeroTheHero wrote:u/Toastyzxm on Reddit
I compiled a list of everything that I believe will substantially fix the game and make it more fun to play

1) Ret Rework: Now takes 2 days to revive a Townie. The first morning, the game will go over those who died last night with the sad music as per usual. Then lastly the game will go over the dead body of the person the retributionist chose to start reviving the night before with a message “A Retributionist has started to resurrect [Player Name]!” The game will play a clock ticking noise to symbolize the Ret is working on the body (Instead of a bell chime). The ret will have to choose the same player the next night again, or choose to start working on reviving another player. If Ret is Rbed or Jailed, they will have to start over. Ret will also be able to bring back disguisers. Partial credit for this fix goes to u/imaginary_square .

2) Spy Rework: https://www.reddit.com/r/TownofSalemgam ... h=6dfb8f01 (Without the bug breaking because that’s a little confusing) It buffs all the random mafia and makes spy a more fun role to play as

3) Annoying Jailing Fix: If there is one mafia killing role left (GF or Mafioso) and if they are jailed twice in a row, at the start of the second night a Random Mafia will be promoted to mafioso.

4) Full Moon now on odd nights. Buffs WW

5) When the last Mafia killing role leaves the game, make it so a Random Mafia is promoted to mafioso at night so Mafia doesn’t waste a night

6) Take the Town Support off the role list and replace it with Random Town, because TS is just too confirmable! (Replacing TS with RT will ensure that there will be a lower chance of having multiple TS in game)

7) Make Mafia names Red in the chat, so you can keep track of who your buddies are!

8) Give NK more elo then they currently get for winning

(1) This would make the Retributionist even more boring for players. The role needs a rework, not just a nerf.
(2) This rework incorporates RNG, which should never be in the game. The entire concept of seeing Mafia visits is ridiculous anyway.
(3) I prefer Tactical Mafia.
(4) I honestly don't like roles that have the rampage mechanic or rely on a full moon night, but its fine if they stay in Neutral Chaos (away from ranked). I don't care.
(5) Again, I prefer Tactical Mafia.
(6) But that doesn't change the fact that a Town Support can still roll. It's better to make the necessary changes to roles that need them and keep the slot.
(7) That's actually a really interesting change. I like it.
(8) Neutral Killings should get at least 10 elo for every win.
DragonClaw66
Summer 2019 Winner
Summer 2019 Winner

Postby orangeandblack5 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:23 pm

MoustachioMario wrote:
orangeandblack5 wrote:Personally, I think I've seen much better Spy and Retributionist reworks.

Promotions would only happen if there is one killing mafia role

So if there is Godfather: A random mafia turns into mafioso
If there is Mafioso: Mafioso turns into GF and Random Mafia turns into Mafioso

It's not like jailor can jail to people at once :)

Even with Jailing alone that's still super gimmicky

What if giving up the Mafia role isn't worth it in that scenario?

More to my point, the suggestion also applies to players that have left but have not yet died. What if they reconnect? Now you have two Mafiosi.

The ideas are coming from the right place but better fixes have been suggested.
Spoiler:
SwampRabbit wrote:your idea is that no town should ever be able to confirm themselves as town.

that is the dumbest idea I think I have heard.

ElderSivart wrote:I'm confused as to why BMG made a UI for Pirate and not Hypnotist.

Sarah Thorpe wrote:Role Ideas is great for masochists.
orangeandblack5
Halloween 2017 Winner
Halloween 2017 Winner

Return to Suggestions