Framer improvement suggestion #3692

Leave your suggestions about the game here!

Framer improvement suggestion #3692

Postby DoofusAF » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:40 am

What I'm going to do for the Framer is make it fool all investigative roles:
Lookout and Tracker will see the framed target's visit instead of a random Mafia visit.
Spy will see the framed target's visit as a Mafia visit.

Confusing? Here's how it works.
Spoiler: Olives the Framer frames Chicken, the Doctor. Chicken heals Derp. Other Mafia visits are Iron Man and Tyler.
If Lookout watches Iron Man: "Your target was visited by Chicken!" (or it could just show the mafia, the game picks one random visit) Note that if a Lookout watched Derp, Chicken would also appear to be visiting. It causes a disarray among Town Investigatives.
If Tracker tracks Chicken: "Your target visited Iron Man" (the green mechanic above works, but the blue doesn't).
A Spy will get the following notification: "Iron Man, Tyler and Derp were visited by Mafia." (The Framer doesn't appear as a Mafia visit).
Psychics are unaffected by Framer because, as a wise man on the wiki pointed out, "why would the Psychic be fooled by a piece of f*cking paper?"

That's all my improvements. If you think the Framer would be a beast now, tell me what to change.
Likes: Investigator, Psychic, Witch, reality TV, dubstep, creative wills.

Dislikes: Sheriff, Disguiser, Citizen, idiots, gore fetish.
DoofusAF
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Re: Framer improvement suggestion #3692

Postby MoustachioMario » Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:37 pm

I like the spy one the best.
I don't think the Lookout one would work that well. I mean, what if you frame the revealed mayor (Who would do this?) Would Lookout see the mayor visit?
Games Won
Spoiler:
SFM63
The Godfather
[Survived]

Games Lost
Spoiler:
NFMNFM3
The Consigliere
[Lynched Day Four]
MoustachioMario
Doctor
Doctor

Postby Feefa » Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:47 am

"Random" is never going to be a popular word on this forum. It would be better if the framed target replaced the Mafia's attack, rather than introducing RNG.
Born with a heart full of neutrality.
Feefa
Benefactor
Benefactor

Postby dyaomaster » Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:58 am

Feefa wrote:"Random" is never going to be a popular word on this forum. It would be better if the framed target replaced the Mafia's attack, rather than introducing RNG.

Making the Mafioso completely undetectable to Lookout.

I prefer the “Focus” ability people have been discussing, where Framer picks a second target and the framed Townie appears to visit that one (to other TIs).

In regards to your current mechanic, I like your Spy idea better than “Spy sees maf visited focused target”; it makes Framer harder to play against Spy, instead of just wind up and point at target. However, Feefa is right; you can’t use RNG and expect it to be consistent every game.

(Also Framer should totally affect Psychic if you can fool the Lookout into thinking your Mafioso was the Jailor with a piece of effing paper.)
"Research has it that 47% of quotes are fabricated using true statistics."
-Alfred Wolman, 1997

Did I just say something about Coven? Don't trust me, I don't own it.

we need help
dyaomaster
Disguiser
Disguiser

Postby DoofusAF » Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:45 am

dyaomaster wrote:
Feefa wrote:"Random" is never going to be a popular word on this forum. It would be better if the framed target replaced the Mafia's attack, rather than introducing RNG.

Making the Mafioso completely undetectable to Lookout.

I prefer the “Focus” ability people have been discussing, where Framer picks a second target and the framed Townie appears to visit that one (to other TIs).

In regards to your current mechanic, I like your Spy idea better than “Spy sees maf visited focused target”; it makes Framer harder to play against Spy, instead of just wind up and point at target. However, Feefa is right; you can’t use RNG and expect it to be consistent every game.

(Also Framer should totally affect Psychic if you can fool the Lookout into thinking your Mafioso was the Jailor with a piece of effing paper.)

Yup, I don't like people complaining about randomness either, it's a part of the game.

I think maybe keep the Spy part and the Focus part. (I like that more than my suggestion too). My idea for the Psychic is that a framed target replaced the required-evil one, but I'm afraid it would upset the game too much.
Likes: Investigator, Psychic, Witch, reality TV, dubstep, creative wills.

Dislikes: Sheriff, Disguiser, Citizen, idiots, gore fetish.
DoofusAF
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Return to Suggestions