Suicide Command (/suicide)

Leave your suggestions about the game here!

Suicide Command (/suicide)

Postby Speaker » Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:24 am

Can we get a suicide command to be used at night?

Here are a couple situations where it would be useful:

1) I am an Investigator and I have been BM'd for several nights. I know who the mafia are but the only way I can tell town is to die and have my last will read.

-Note: This one could be solved by town being smart enough to ask yes/no questions and using the vote system for answers, though town normally doesnt do this.

2) I am Godfather and Jailor has found me. Jailor refuses to kill me and because of such, mafia cannot kill anyone without a mafioso. The BEST and only play by the GF at this point is to die (by leaving the game) otherwise town will always win.

-Note: I just played a game where this happened, I was vig and found GF. I told jailor to not kill him (even though townies hated me for it). This left us the rest of the game to investigate everyone else to find the remaining mafia. When the draw notice came up we would randomly lynch 1 townie with the thought that 1 dead townie was worth several days of no mafia kills. While this is a legal way of playing it felt cheap because the mafia never even had a chance, even with all 3 of their members alive.

If we don't like the idea of suicide can we allow a mafia member to turn into a mafioso if the mafia hasn't killed in X amount of days?

Issues with a suicide option:
Could have more people suiciding if they get a role they don't like. I don't really think this is much of an issue though as these people normally quit the game to find another one anyways.
In game: Silver, Rainwave, Speaker
Favorite Roles: Transporter, Vigilante, Jailor, Janitor, Witch
Least Favorite: Sheriff, Disguiser, Framer, Arsonist, Jester
Speaker
Donor
Donor

Re: Suicide Command (/suicide)

Postby Tommyticklemouse » Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:52 am

About jailing a killing Mafia member, if the only member left is not a killing type this serves as a clue to the town as to what player is a killer, essentially its a role block maneuver that's essential to the game balance imo.

Even if he jailor can't or won't kill you that just gives you a little chance to try to convince the town that YOUR'E the jaior :lol:

Tommyticklemouse
Lookout
Lookout

Postby Speaker » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:23 am

That only works if it is a word vs word situation. In the last game I had, I was a Vigilante and found the GF then told the confirmed jailor (retributionist) who GF was. This leaves NO room for GF to convince town of anything.
Speaker
Donor
Donor

Postby stellaluna » Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:44 pm

This would just wind up being the new popular excuse for impatient people to ragequit games.
The situations you described in which it may come in useful are far too infrequent (and otherwise preventable) to warrant this being implemented.
hi im stella and i like you

stellaluna
Godfather
Godfather

Postby Quazimortal » Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:22 am

FaucetPipe wrote:I see what you're saying, but this system could be very easily abused.

I think I agree with this. Great idea in theory but the abuse would far outweigh the usefulness.
"The mind of God we believe is cosmic music, the music of strings resonating through 11 dimensional hyperspace. That is the mind of God." ~ Michio Kaku
Quazimortal
Investigator
Investigator

Postby enderitem » Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:56 am

According to the first thread in the Bug Reports section which is created by the BlankMediaGames, /suicide is planned. It is an old post though so they might have changed their minds.
enderitem
FM Awards: Creator
FM Awards: Creator

Postby Speaker » Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:33 am

Quazimortal wrote:
FaucetPipe wrote:I see what you're saying, but this system could be very easily abused.

I think I agree with this. Great idea in theory but the abuse would far outweigh the usefulness.

I thought this would be true at first, but if someone wants to ragequit and start a new game /suicide wont do anything for them. They still have to reload the browser which is the exact same as now. You remain in the game if you suicide.

There would probably be more quitters in the short term once implemented but I don't think it would be very different in the long term since there is already a way to leave a game and start anew without having to sit through a whole "wasted" game.

stellaluna wrote:This would just wind up being the new popular excuse for impatient people to ragequit games.
The situations you described in which it may come in useful are far too infrequent (and otherwise preventable) to warrant this being implemented.

Jailor finding GF actually happens fairly regularly. Now, jailors smart enough to not kill GF are fairly rare right now, but as people gain experience I see that changing.
Speaker
Donor
Donor

Return to Suggestions