Statistics

Leave your suggestions about the game here!

Statistics

Postby FrozenFT » Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:55 pm

So currently, we have a few statistics shown on the endgame screen - our wins, draws, and losses. It would be really cool if we could see a whole bunch of other stuff too. Firstly, we could get stats on our personal in game stats - how many times we have won as each role, how many times we have played total, etc. On top of that, statistics on the whole player base would be really cool to see. For instance, we could see who has won the most games of all time, who has lost the most games of all time, who has played the most all time or this month or this week - the possibilities are endless. Aside from just being fun to look at, I think it would help the community too - specifically, for regular players, a list of all the people who play as much as you do might help you connect with new people who love the game as much as you do. It's hardly a high priority update, but if it's something that would be easy to do, I think it would definitely be a nice little addition.
FrozenFT
Sponsor
Sponsor

Re: Statistics

Postby Immoral » Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:30 am

Wow. That's actually a really good idea. I completely support this, except for one thing.

I'm not sure if it should show who has lost the most games, whether of all time or just even for the month/week/day. That might be a little embarrassing to the player. Personally, if I had lost the most games of all or a certain time period, and anyone was able to see it, I might be discouraged from playing, or just go make a new account as a way of starting over.

That said, I especially agree with helping the community communicate better. It would be nice to be able to connect with other players that play a lot, instead of the many that I've added to my friends list and have never seen again.
Immoral
Jester
Jester

Postby FrozenFT » Sun Nov 29, 2015 5:07 am

Yeah, I did consider the losses thing as a bit of a problem - I figured that the person who had the most losses though, would have played for long enough that to the it was just a bit of a laugh anyway - but yeah, maybe it's a bad idea.
FrozenFT
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby Immoral » Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:30 am

That could be true, actually. It probably really depends on the person. Some people are more sensitive than others.

Also, what if someone has the same number of losses/wins? Would it show both/all of the names? Since a lot of people play, it is a possibility.
Immoral
Jester
Jester

Postby FrozenFT » Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:46 pm

I mean the way i would deal with it would be to only show the top 100 or 500, and then show your position and the 10 above and below it
FrozenFT
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby Retterime » Sun Nov 29, 2015 4:51 pm

/support

I've wanted this for awhile now. I'd like to see more.
if you see me around nowadays it's because i am beyond bored
Retterime
Investigator
Investigator

Postby VoidRuler » Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:23 pm

Don't quote me on this, as I'm not entirely sure. But I think maybe the Devs have mentioned having a leaderboard for Ranked eventually. Either that or someone suggested it.

I would be all for a leaderboard.
VoidRuler
Mafioso
Mafioso

Postby FrozenFT » Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:22 am

A leaderboard for Ranked is all well and good, but personally I don't play a lot of Ranked - I usually play with a group of friends, and it's a lot harder to play Ranked with friends.
FrozenFT
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby Mroz4k » Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:57 am

I dont have an issue with Stats you can see for yourself.

I do, however, have a problem with stats being displayed world-wide. Not only this is something many would wish to keep private, it also encourage cheating to get to this point.

I can see someone making a 15 player party of multi-accounts just to play games which are rigged to be easily winnable, just so they could be on that top table.
So definitedly not to a world-wide scoreboard. The whole purpose of that is Ranked - you get to play competitively with others, the whole thing is put together so its impossible to cheat
via multiple accounts, and all the hardcore players play there... which makes getting into the the "top" the ultimate challenge.
Away in the real world most of the time, but I return from time to time, at my own whim.

FM history:
Spoiler: NFM4 - Lookout - W
NFM7 - Consort - L (so close tho)
FM8D - Cit+ to Sheriff - W
FM9C - Cit - L (epicly failed)
CFM hydra 2 - Medium with Varanus - W
SFM17 - Caporegime - W
FM9D - Serial Killer - W (epicly :D)
SFM14 - Bodyguard-ish role - modkilled, caused MyLo FTW - W?
Mroz4k
Vampire Hunter
Vampire Hunter

Postby FrozenFT » Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:16 pm

To be honest the part of that which interested me most was the idea of seeing stats worldwide on who had played the most - it's something that like i said, i think would bring the community together well.
FrozenFT
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby ChubbyMooshroom9 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 7:10 pm

I've always wanted something like this! And I really don't give a fuck about other's feelings(most people's).My final verdict is /support.

Hall of Fame
Spoiler:
Shino Thomson
Federico Decandia
Clayton (Briah)
Gebura Briah
ChubbyMooshroom9
FM Awards: Town
FM Awards: Town

Postby BirdyThePhoenix » Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:31 am

I don't want to see the person with the most losses.
My discord is Birdy The Phoenix#5902
BirdyThePhoenix
In memory of...
In memory of...

Postby Mroz4k » Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:06 am

FrozenFT wrote:To be honest the part of that which interested me most was the idea of seeing stats worldwide on who had played the most - it's something that like i said, i think would bring the community together well.

Like I said, people would cheat just to get to the point. = Idea promotes cheating = idea will never be implemented. Unless they are crazy...

Like I also said, the biggest "reward" for playing the Ranked will be the leaderboard. Getting on the top, and have everyone see you at the top... thats going to be the motivation for most people.

There would be no point of Ranked if you just did this kind of leaderboard on your own. Not to mention the already described obvious ways to cheat...

Your own private statistics? This one is doable, I think. Statistics leaderboard? No, definitedly not.
Away in the real world most of the time, but I return from time to time, at my own whim.

FM history:
SFM17 - Caporegime - W
Mroz4k
Vampire Hunter
Vampire Hunter

Postby FrozenFT » Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:35 am

I'm struggling as to how you think anyone could cheat to fake how many times a game had been completed, regardless of whether you won or lost? Or why people would care enough to cheat? If the tally just went up by one every time you got to the end of a game, then cheating would be difficult in the extreme
FrozenFT
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby shapesifter13 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:55 pm

We have plans to have overall global stats, and personal stats, but not a leaderboard of stats.
shapesifter13
Developer
Developer

Postby Mroz4k » Sun Dec 06, 2015 3:57 am

shapesifter13 wrote:We have plans to have overall global stats, and personal stats, but not a leaderboard of stats.

I can understand having global stats, but only if they are hidden from public. Having stats for your own use is neccesary, I think, but leaderboard would just
promote unhealthy, cheater competitions and noone wants that.

Personal stats would be nice if they were vieweable by the Users themselves. As in, private. Then everyone can decide whether they want to boast with them,
or not. Naturally BMG would have this kind of stats for everyone as well.

Stats could be pretty useful moderation tool, too. Gets to reveal the multi-accounters easier, etc.

FM history:
SFM17 - Caporegime - W
Mroz4k
Vampire Hunter
Vampire Hunter

Postby Wyvernil » Tue Dec 08, 2015 4:35 pm

For additional statistics, I'd also like to see action overviews, where you can click on a player to see what night actions they used throughout the game, and how they died.

For instance:
Sheriff
N1 - Four
N2 - Eight
N3 - Eleven
- Killed by Serial Killer(Seven)

But more statistical data is always good.
Wyvernil
Transporter
Transporter

Postby Mroz4k » Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:21 am

Wyvernil wrote:For additional statistics, I'd also like to see action overviews, where you can click on a player to see what night actions they used throughout the game, and how they died.

For instance:
Sheriff
N1 - Four
N2 - Eight
N3 - Eleven
- Killed by Serial Killer(Seven)

But more statistical data is always good.

Thats a really nice suggestion, actually. If something like this was a part of End-game lobby, there would be a lot less confusion amonst players who got transported in different ways, etc.
It would make the game more understandable.

It would also be invaluable to have as a part of Trials - but I am affraid the game doenst save this kind of information in this way so it may not be possible. However I dont know that for sure - thats someting only Devs are likely to know, maybe out CM.

FM history:
SFM17 - Caporegime - W
Mroz4k
Vampire Hunter
Vampire Hunter

Return to Suggestions