Dev Update 11/12/2018

Announcements made here about the game and the company.

Dev Update 11/12/2018

Postby Achilles » Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:03 pm

What I've worked on since the previous update:

* Fixed a bug where a SerialKiller who attacks a Pirate that wasn't role blocking him would still get the "you killed the pirate who roleblocked you" feedback
* Fixed a bug where a Mafioso who attacks a jailed target could still get the "targets defense is too high" notification
* Some server side and database optimizations

Second pass on referral codes
A good bit of my time for the rest of the week and the weekend was spent on referral codes. The current design is such that a premium user can request 5 codes at 10 games played and an additional 5 at 25, 50, 100 and 250 games played. They will be able to see who (if any) has used each referral code, as well as if that player has made a premium purchase to trigger the Refer-A-Friend (RAF) rewards. The existing RAF text box will still be available on registering a new account but the referral codes will overwrite any previous RAF entered (clients will get a notification about this to confirm the overwrite). Referral users will be able to play a maximum of 5 games unrestricted (to classic ToS).

We are going to be buffing the RAF system to give 1300TPs instead of 100TP and also giving 1300TP reward for any friend referred past 5 (which use to give no extra rewards). We will not be post patch updating previous RAF rewards to match the buff to the system.

We are working on some user friendly information popups to notify everyone of the new system as well as when they are eligible for more referrals. We hope that with this user friendly system, increased RAF rewards and an improved community we will all see ToS grow over time.
Achilles
Developer
Developer

Re: Dev Update 11/12/2018

Postby Amythyr » Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:44 pm

Just played a game

I was jailor and died N2, got revived on N5. The role list is pretty nice at first glance. I have to play more games from both sides for more concrete opinion though. Good work devs.

Role List

Spoiler: Image

Graveyard list
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”
― George Carlin
Amythyr
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby Achilles » Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:17 pm

Amythyr wrote:Just played a game

I was jailor and died N2, got revived on N5. The role list is pretty nice at first glance. I have to play more games from both sides for more concrete opinion though. Good work devs.

Role List

Graveyard list

Thank you. We will be keeping an eye on potential role list balance changes as more people play the newly buffed Vampires and as metas develop.
Achilles
Developer
Developer

Postby Soulshade55r » Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:23 am

Please make the role list with more ransoms and less Vampires at the start

Also I suggest having Neutral Benigns in there and let Sheriff find Vampires apart from the youngest
Favourite Roles (To play)
Spoiler: Town: Jailor
Mafia: Consort
NE: Witch
NB: Guardian Angel
Coven: Necromancer
NC: Pirate
Soulshade55r
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby Soulshade55r » Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:32 am

My suggestion is has follows
Jailor, Mayor, Vampire Hunter, Town Killing, Town Investigative, Town Investigative, Random Town, Random Town, Town Support, Neutral Benign, Neutral Evil, Neutral Killer, Vampire, Vampire, Vampire
Soulshade55r
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby Soulshade55r » Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:33 am

Also
-Vampire hunter unique.
-Sheriff can find the Vampires but not the youngest.
Soulshade55r
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby ICECLIMBERS » Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:38 am

why did you need three posts to say that when they were all the same

in the distance the shelves
rode three shadows of blue
ICECLIMBERS
[Forum Mafia VII] Winner
[Forum Mafia VII] Winner

Postby Soulshade55r » Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:23 am

ICECLIMBERS wrote:why did you need three posts to say that when they were all the same

No they weren't the same.
Soulshade55r
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby ZedKiller13 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:56 am

Role list is balanced as it is, suddenly changing the VH/Sheriff or having LESS vampires athenstart is actually worse for vampires in general. For now, this is a good game mode.

Town can win if played right, same with Vampires. Just convert TP when some die and kill off others.
ZedKiller13
Transporter
Transporter

Postby Soulshade55r » Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:59 am

awesomeboy4924 wrote:Role list is balanced as it is, suddenly changing the VH/Sheriff or having LESS vampires athenstart is actually worse for vampires in general. For now, this is a good game mode.

Town can win if played right, same with Vampires. Just convert TP when some die and kill off others.

It's not good at all, I don't know what you thinks good about it 4 Vampires at the start isn't needed and the list needs work.
I feel like having a nk and Nb in there would add some extra fun to the mix and give Vampires more to worry about.

I really like the idea of a vampire mode but the list needs a lot of work and Sheriff being changed would be really cool. And could work with Vampires.

Giving a game mode more randoms is a lot better because the game has more deduction.
Soulshade55r
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby Chemist1422 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:24 pm

Soulshade55r wrote:
awesomeboy4924 wrote:Role list is balanced as it is, suddenly changing the VH/Sheriff or having LESS vampires athenstart is actually worse for vampires in general. For now, this is a good game mode.

It's not good at all, I don't know what you thinks good about it 4 Vampires at the start isn't needed and the list needs work.
I feel like having a nk and Nb in there would add some extra fun to the mix and give Vampires more to worry about.

I really like the idea of a vampire mode but the list needs a lot of work and Sheriff being changed would be really cool. And could work with Vampires.

Giving a game mode more randoms is a lot better because the game has more deduction.

I don't think Survivor/GA would work, but I would enjoy seeing Amne in the mode. Amne in the mode has great potential if it remembers witch/VH, problem being it could be swingy there.
mist ~ she/her

i guess this is goodbye?
(still here for danganronpa i guess)

stop sending reports to me i'm not a tos game moderator
Chemist1422
FM Game Moderator
FM Game Moderator

Postby Soulshade55r » Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:08 pm

Chemist1422 wrote:
Soulshade55r wrote:

I don't think Survivor/GA would work, but I would enjoy seeing Amne in the mode. Amne in the mode has great potential if it remembers witch/VH, problem being it could be swingy there.

Survivor could work and it's not ranked we are talking about, Survivor would be fun and be used for once.

It's annoying Neutral benigns are never used
also with my changes VH would be Unique.
Soulshade55r
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby Jerme » Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:35 pm

VH was intended to be unique, as far as my information goes.
I am not sure if NB is going to be added to the list, but I believe adding some more random slots to the mode's rolelist replacing confirmed roles would not hurt and improve the gameplay imo.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby shapesifter13 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:48 pm

This mode is meant to feel like the Town VS the Vamps. We want to avoid adding any Mafia, or NK to the list.
shapesifter13
Developer
Developer

Postby Soulshade55r » Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:25 pm

shapesifter13 wrote:This mode is meant to feel like the Town VS the Vamps. We want to avoid adding any Mafia, or NK to the list.

Yes but in normal game modes there always needs to be that second threat to keep both factions in line
In any Mafia game mode you don't see Mafia without nk (or Plaugebearer in Mafia returns) same could be said for coven.

Also I feel like Neutral Benign deserves to be used outside any
Soulshade55r
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Return to Announcements