Dev Update 11//7/2018

Announcements made here about the game and the company.

Re: Dev Update 11//7/2018

Postby Soulshade55r » Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:28 am

Achilles wrote:
moonbird wrote:Is mobile going to see an integration with Google Play at any point in time? Or is that its own adventure?

It's cool to see the referral code system is continuing to role out! ;) Is it going to be possible to give a non-premium, non-grandfathered account a referral code twice (i.e. first code expires due to the game cap, another player gives that same account another code and that account is able to play games again) or will they be one use per account?

They will be once per account. The goal is to let a new user try out ToS, not to let some people play free forever.

When about's is the new Vampire mode out

I've been waiting for one for a while :D
Favourite Roles (To play)
Spoiler: Town: Jailor
Mafia: Consort
NE: Witch
NB: Guardian Angel
Coven: Necromancer
NC: Pirate
Soulshade55r
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby orangeandblack5 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:34 am

Please do these more often, the insights into what the team is working on have been sorely lacking for, like, years lol
Spoiler:
SwampRabbit wrote:your idea is that no town should ever be able to confirm themselves as town.

that is the dumbest idea I think I have heard.

ElderSivart wrote:I'm confused as to why BMG made a UI for Pirate and not Hypnotist.

Sarah Thorpe wrote:Role Ideas is great for masochists.
orangeandblack5
Halloween 2017 Winner
Halloween 2017 Winner

Postby Jerme » Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:21 am

@soulshade55r: There is no date set, yet. The devolpment of th mode and adjustment to the Vampires might take soem time, as it has to be tested and all clients need to be updated for the mode.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby orangeandblack5 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:26 am

That update came out today lol

It's how I found this post
Spoiler:
SwampRabbit wrote:your idea is that no town should ever be able to confirm themselves as town.

that is the dumbest idea I think I have heard.

ElderSivart wrote:I'm confused as to why BMG made a UI for Pirate and not Hypnotist.

Sarah Thorpe wrote:Role Ideas is great for masochists.
orangeandblack5
Halloween 2017 Winner
Halloween 2017 Winner

Postby Achilles » Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:58 pm

I’m going to be pushing the Dracula’s Palace game mode live today along with a few bug fixes and some server optimizations. I’ll do another dev update post later tonight.
Achilles
Developer
Developer

Postby Achilles » Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:00 pm

Leharn wrote:I'd Rather have one thing be worked on fully to push out faster, rather than having so many things being worked on at once that it will take a long time to finish. Like please, finish the Unity port and have the unity port be compatible to the HUD we are using today for those who prefer that old school look. (the compatibility is my wish when the port is made)

EDIT: Also vigilantics with Witch's really old buff where they have 1 basic defense really destroys that game mode. Plus Games relying on pure luck is horrible. I fully agree vigilantics being removed.

Development isn’t always so black and white. As a server programmer there’s little I can do to help speed up the Unity port.
Achilles
Developer
Developer

Postby Royee » Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:37 pm

Sweet, I'm looking forward to this update.
I feel that ranked coven/normal coven and ranked practice coven are empty now. Are you going to do anything about it?
Recent Town game - 21A
Recent Mafia game - VFM73
Recent Neutral game - 17B
Royee
Easter 2020 Winner
Easter 2020 Winner

Previous

Return to Announcements