Town of Salem Mobile Released!

Announcements made here about the game and the company.

Town of Salem Mobile Released!

Postby shapesifter13 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:33 pm

Hey Townies!

It is official, Town of Salem is available on mobile!

Here are the direct links to the new mobile releases for iOS and Android!

Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... emthecoven

iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/town-of ... ?ls=1&mt=8

Crossplay is enabled, and you can use the same account you use for Steam as long as you know your login information. If you have Coven on web or Steam it will be available on mobile too.
shapesifter13
Developer
Developer

Re: Town of Salem Mobile Released!

Postby TheLukundo » Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:34 pm

Thank you so much!!
TheLukundo
Witch
Witch

Postby Soulshade55r » Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:55 pm

When will unity port be realised? this looks cool but Tos is much better on a computer.
Favourite Roles (To play)
Spoiler: Town: Jailor
Mafia: Consort
NE: Witch
NB: Guardian Angel
Coven: Necromancer
NC: Pirate
Soulshade55r
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby shapesifter13 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:01 pm

Q1 2019.
shapesifter13
Developer
Developer

Postby Soulshade55r » Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:18 pm

shapesifter13 wrote:Q1 2019.

:c I wish you guys worked on unity first, but I get that mobile will attract a lot of users.
Soulshade55r
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby empireofmystate » Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:23 pm

I have no idea how your decisions are approved and executed, but spamming player games with bots decreases reputation of those responsible for marketing (at least).
empireofmystate

Postby Phone0Ix » Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:25 pm

I'm really happy you guys released it. Rated on both play and app star 5 stars already and prolly one of the first to buy bundle with ipad :)
Call me Phone Ig

Or Silver because of my old discord name. Or Mikan because of my new discord name. Or Julian as that's my actual name
Phone0Ix
[Forum Mafia XVII] Winner

Postby PyromonkeyGG » Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:56 pm

empireofmystate wrote:I have no idea how your decisions are approved and executed, but spamming player games with bots decreases reputation of those responsible for marketing (at least).

Those bots are not us. Botting is against our terms of service.
PyromonkeyGG
Developer
Developer

Postby PyromonkeyGG » Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:56 pm

Phone0Ix wrote:I'm really happy you guys released it. Rated on both play and app star 5 stars already and prolly one of the first to buy bundle with ipad :)

Thanks! :D <3
PyromonkeyGG
Developer
Developer

Postby Djaouida » Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:14 pm

Soulshade55r wrote:

:c I wish you guys worked on unity first, but I get that mobile will attract a lot of users.

Mobile is made on unity, this is the unity port. But the mobile release first.
(There is no signature)
Djaouida
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Soulshade55r » Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:17 pm

Djaouida wrote:
Soulshade55r wrote:

Mobile is made on unity, this is the unity port. But the mobile release first.

Pc should of been done first, mobile users have advantage over Pc users.
Soulshade55r
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby Asew54321 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:20 pm

Am I allowed to advertise a forum post I made with feedback on the mobile game?
[
Asew54321
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby SurvivorHunter » Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:12 pm

To Shapesifter and the other devs - I would like to express my concerns that what you are currently doing to advertise your game is absolutely appalling. It is truly unacceptable and unprofessional that you are creating bots to spam your announcement everywhere - isn't making posts on reddit, twitter, and forums enough?

https://i.redd.it/ms8plasic8s11.jpg

This is absolutely unacceptable behavior and I refuse to give even a dime to BlatantMoneyGrab until they apologize for creating robots to spam the game with their advertisements. Enough is enough; advertise how you like, but don't break your own rules to do so. You're ruining your own game.
SurvivorHunter
Witch
Witch

Postby PyromonkeyGG » Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:15 pm

SurvivorHunter wrote:To Shapesifter and the other devs - I would like to express my concerns that what you are currently doing to advertise your game is absolutely appalling. It is truly unacceptable and unprofessional that you are creating bots to spam your announcement everywhere - isn't making posts on reddit, twitter, and forums enough?

This is absolutely unacceptable behavior and I refuse to give even a dime to BlatantMoneyGrab until they apologize for creating robots to spam the game with their advertisements. Enough is enough; advertise how you like, but don't break your own rules to do so. You're ruining your own game.

Again, that is not us. There are people out there running scripts to bot the game. We are combating them through bans and security measures we are putting in place. We will continue to fight against them by adding new and better measures.
PyromonkeyGG
Developer
Developer

Postby SurvivorHunter » Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:29 pm

PyromonkeyGG wrote:
SurvivorHunter wrote:To Shapesifter and the other devs - I would like to express my concerns that what you are currently doing to advertise your game is absolutely appalling. It is truly unacceptable and unprofessional that you are creating bots to spam your announcement everywhere - isn't making posts on reddit, twitter, and forums enough?

Again, that is not us. There are people out there running scripts to bot the game. We are combating them through bans and security measures we are putting in place. We will continue to fight against them by adding new and better measures.

Thank you for your reply, fire ape. However, I am very unimpressed by some of your team right now and would suggest that you do a bit of cleaning up in your moderation staff. A player "TallGamer" yesterday was spamming in game claiming to be a moderator; sure enough, the username was in fact Tallgamer and this person is apparently a moderator on these boards. Either this person was hacked, or you have a very unprofessional moderation team (this person was spamming at people commanding how he wanted them to deal with bots by reporting them on forums). I would strongly recommend that you look into both the bots that seem to be created either by a corrupt person in your company (possibly tallgamer?) or an advertiser supporting the company, as well as looking into the rogue moderator situation. Thank you for your time.
SurvivorHunter
Witch
Witch

Postby PyromonkeyGG » Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:58 pm

SurvivorHunter wrote:
PyromonkeyGG wrote:

Thank you for your reply, fire ape. However, I am very unimpressed by some of your team right now and would suggest that you do a bit of cleaning up in your moderation staff. A player "TallGamer" yesterday was spamming in game claiming to be a moderator; sure enough, the username was in fact Tallgamer and this person is apparently a moderator on these boards. Either this person was hacked, or you have a very unprofessional moderation team (this person was spamming at people commanding how he wanted them to deal with bots by reporting them on forums). I would strongly recommend that you look into both the bots that seem to be created either by a corrupt person in your company (possibly tallgamer?) or an advertiser supporting the company, as well as looking into the rogue moderator situation. Thank you for your time.

Thanks for your concern. The bots have also been using in-game names and account names similar to those at the company, even going so far as to use our IRL names. Stay patient and we will deal with these people. Thank you again.
PyromonkeyGG
Developer
Developer

Postby BasicFourLife » Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:19 am

This will give the game a boost in users for months, until it will start decreasing again. The Mobile release doesn’t fix any of the major issues with the game. And since the PC version isn’t released yet, I’m assuming that will be worked on 24/7 until its release, which means no more updates for another half a year.
RNG is never good for any strategy based game. Please learn the definition of what that means, especially if you're one of the people constantly defending it.

FM / TG: 5 - 10 - 8
BasicFourLife
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner

Postby Phone0Ix » Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:12 am

BasicFourLife wrote:This will give the game a boost in users for months, until it will start decreasing again. The Mobile release doesn’t fix any of the major issues with the game. And since the PC version isn’t released yet, I’m assuming that will be worked on 24/7 until its release, which means no more updates for another half a year.

That isn't fully true. In one of the next months ranked season ending will come and the halloween update is coming soon.
Call me Phone Ig

Or Silver because of my old discord name. Or Mikan because of my new discord name. Or Julian as that's my actual name
Phone0Ix

Postby BasicFourLife » Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:25 am

Phone0Ix wrote:
BasicFourLife wrote:This will give the game a boost in users for months, until it will start decreasing again. The Mobile release doesn’t fix any of the major issues with the game. And since the PC version isn’t released yet, I’m assuming that will be worked on 24/7 until its release, which means no more updates for another half a year.

That isn't fully true. In one of the next months ranked season ending will come and the halloween update is coming soon.

What are you talking about? BMG has never mentioned that Halloween will bring new content. They’ll probably just write a new Coven story line within 30 minutes and reuse the Halloween designs from last year. Ranked season ending means that they’ll just do a few ToS PFPs and implement a new Golden item. Nothing new.
RNG is never good for any strategy based game. Please learn the definition of what that means, especially if you're one of the people constantly defending it.

FM / TG: 5 - 10 - 8
BasicFourLife
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner

Postby Tugok » Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:09 pm

Is mobile version made in unity?
Make survivor more fun!

363 285 12 but elo still falling
Tugok
Executioner
Executioner

Postby Jerme » Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:05 pm

Tugok wrote:Is mobile version made in unity?

Yes, it is.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Return to Announcements